New version: multiplayer and chatting

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Nere
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Post by Nere » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:22 pm

I really really wish that the multiplayer games could be lexicon. I know my one post wont change anything, but I get really frustrated with phrase chat. And I mean REALLY frustrated lol. My friend caught me yelling at the computer. Anyway, that's just my opinion. Wolfquest will still always be awesome no matter what.

SilverAztec
Pup
Pup
Name: Ace

Post by SilverAztec » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:55 pm

I agree haha. I also wish that they kept lexicon chat but the phrase chat seems to have really imporved

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:05 pm

They are getting rid of the lexicon chat because a) I believe it costs money to maintain and b) people are still abusing it and are still finding ways of saying naughty or inappropriate things. This is a game targeted towards kids and pre-teens...they can't have any of that going around.

I still support my idea from before: have an 'observer only' slot that is reserved for moderators (so even if 5 people are in a game, and its full, a moderator can still join and observe the chat). Have it so their presence is not announced in-game so people aren't warned ahead of time. Make it so they can still join/observe private games (that they don't have the password to) and so they can moderate those as well (just for safety, as private games can now have voice chat as well as the unrestricted chat)

Especially now that WQ is not a 'free' game anymore, I think increased and consistent moderation is important.

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:33 pm

That actually sounds nice, Solitary, as staff that moderate in the game servers can probably increase chances of people being nice. Well, in the Private games anyway, but ya, maybe even staff can have that mode for just simply watch others using cooperation to take down a big bad bull elk in open games(That was just an example of what could happen in an open game) and for private games, they can make sure that people are not being mean to each other and such?

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:55 pm

I have a question as to how the multiplayer co-op will work. When you join a game how will you choose if you are an adult or juvenile? also When players join will the pups already be there with the host of the game such as the host decides the den before (s)he starts the game? or will it be like once the pack group is filled the pups will arrive.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:19 pm

Maddiejane wrote:I have a question as to how the multiplayer co-op will work. When you join a game how will you choose if you are an adult or juvenile? also When players join will the pups already be there with the host of the game such as the host decides the den before (s)he starts the game? or will it be like once the pack group is filled the pups will arrive.
All players are adults (either parents or adult offspring, just like in a real pack). The co-op mission covers the full Slough Creek mission sequence, starting with den selection. Other players can join at any point in that mission sequence, though (until you reach the maximum number allowed, which is currently five).
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:41 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Maddiejane wrote:I have a question as to how the multiplayer co-op will work. When you join a game how will you choose if you are an adult or juvenile? also When players join will the pups already be there with the host of the game such as the host decides the den before (s)he starts the game? or will it be like once the pack group is filled the pups will arrive.
All players are adults (either parents or adult offspring, just like in a real pack). The co-op mission covers the full Slough Creek mission sequence, starting with den selection. Other players can join at any point in that mission sequence, though (until you reach the maximum number allowed, which is currently five).
Will the territory sizes be any bigger for the extended pack?, and thank you for the enlightenment Dave!

Eversendra
Pup
Pup

Post by Eversendra » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:58 am

Dave, i think the new version is complete, i dont hide it.
I really want to play! and im interesting about new maps. However i will explore maps.
-Greetings Bunjeou.

fruit
Pup
Pup

Post by fruit » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:51 am

loboLoco wrote:
I was confused about the pups before, but thanks for clearing it up! Can't wait to play!

Clan Hyena
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Clan Hyena » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:45 pm

I would really appreciate text chat in open multiplayer games. Yeah, I know that probably won't happen, but a huge percentage of players join open games for role play, and how are people supposed to do that if they don't have text chat in open games? And, tell me if I'm wrong, but did someone say that their wont be text chat in private games eather? Please at least let private games have text chat, I'd be willing to have a keyboard pop up and down, I'm sure other people would to!

~thank you for your time!

cosmobianca
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by cosmobianca » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:55 pm

I love RPing with open, lexicon chat games{most of my WQ time has been spent doing that}. If that were to be removed completely, I don't know how I'd feel. Will we have the option of deactivating voice chat on private servers if we wanted to RP only? As a preference, voice chat makes me uncomfortable, so I'm just wondering my options.

I'd advocate for finding some alternative to making lexicon chat available in open games, but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse. Still, at least I can voice my opinion on it. Besides that, excellent work on the updates so far!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:23 pm

cosmobianca wrote:I love RPing with open, lexicon chat games{most of my WQ time has been spent doing that}. If that were to be removed completely, I don't know how I'd feel. Will we have the option of deactivating voice chat on private servers if we wanted to RP only? As a preference, voice chat makes me uncomfortable, so I'm just wondering my options.

I'd advocate for finding some alternative to making lexicon chat available in open games, but I feel like I'm beating a dead horse. Still, at least I can voice my opinion on it. Besides that, excellent work on the updates so far!
Honestly, lexicon chat is dead. It's too annoying for normal players and yet too tempting for rude people. Private games will have nearly unrestricted text chat and I encourage you to find ways to set up those games with other players. I won't rule out adding text chat to public/open games at some point, but there is a lot of painful history on our end with lexicon chat that is hard to overcome.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Clan Hyena
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Clan Hyena » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:28 pm

I hope that the co-op thing works out, it sounds like it would be a blast! I cant wait!!!!

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:31 pm

I just thought of a cool feature idea for WolfQuest multiplayer considering people may have friends they want to hang out with, but they don't know whether they're online or not. Friending and friend lists! A lot of multiplayer games have this, so why not WolfQuest? You could have a feature where you can click on a player's username in a multiplayer game and then an option to friend them could appear and it could be set so that you can either accept or reject friend requests. It would also be cool if someone you friended on the WolfQuest forum could show up on your ingame friend list, considering that the forum accounts are the ingame accounts all at the same time :)

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:50 pm

CakeWolfy wrote:I just thought of a cool feature idea for WolfQuest multiplayer considering people may have friends they want to hang out with, but they don't know whether they're online or not. Friending and friend lists! A lot of multiplayer games have this, so why not WolfQuest? You could have a feature where you can click on a player's username in a multiplayer game and then an option to friend them could appear and it could be set so that you can either accept or reject friend requests. It would also be cool if someone you friended on the WolfQuest forum could show up on your ingame friend list, considering that the forum accounts are the ingame accounts all at the same time :)
I Love That Idea!!! it would make things a lot easer :mrgreen:

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”