New version: multiplayer and chatting

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Maddoka
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: New version: multiplayer and chatting

Post by Maddoka » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:48 am

I have a question about chatting, but I am not sure if it already has been answered. So sorry if it is, I couldn't find it anywhere.
Are we going to be able to type more than one sentence?

In WQ2.5 MP, we could type a very little amount of words in my opinion. I know WQ is not meant for RPing only, but when I RP I have to send stuff like 3 times to propery type whar my wolf does. :(

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:35 am

I honestly don't know that, but I believe that that the word amount in each phrase/box should be the same. Though I'm not 100% sure.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:13 am

I don't know the exact amounts, but I'd warrant a guess that the character limit has remained the same... Gave Solitary and me some grief during beta-testing as well, so we feel your pain ;)

Maddoka
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Maddoka » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:15 am

Haha. Well, thanks for the answer Anduril. I will just keep hoping that maybe... Maybe one day, we mere mortal will be able... To type more! ;3

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:53 am

Anduril wrote:I don't know the exact amounts, but I'd warrant a guess that the character limit has remained the same... Gave Solitary and me some grief during beta-testing as well, so we feel your pain ;)
Haha, yeah. Though I suspect its to prevent people from typing out whole paragraphs, then because the chat window is small, you'll have to scroll up to see them, interrupting gameplay and whatnot.

JordyWild
Pup
Pup

Post by JordyWild » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:17 pm

Honestly for open games there should still be Lexicon chat for Win/Mac

Cause, Phrase chat only lets you use certain phrases no typing and well no chat, is just that, kinda sucks, expecially for the people that dont have alot of friends or are new to the game and MP

Just my opinion though, like for me i dont know if im going to be playing with anyone when the full game comes out and it will suck when i go on MP and join an open game, i wouldn't be able to really chat

BlueEverest
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueEverest » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:33 pm

Wolves1100 wrote:Honestly for open games there should still be Lexicon chat for Win/Mac

Cause, Phrase chat only lets you use certain phrases no typing and well no chat, is just that, kinda slurps, expecially for the people that dont have alot of friends or are new to the game and MP

Just my opinion though, like for me i dont know if im going to be playing with anyone when the full game comes out and it will slurp when i go on MP and join an open game, i wouldn't be able to really chat
Yeah if I have a server open I might just pm everyone the password for a private server so we can use lexicon

JordyWild
Pup
Pup

Post by JordyWild » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:46 pm

Yeah if I have a server open I might just pm everyone the password for a private server so we can use lexicon

Well that wont be really fun either, you know?? PMing random, stranger people for a password, kinda awkward and stalkish

BlueEverest
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueEverest » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Wolves1100 wrote:

Well that wont be really fun either, you know?? PMing random, stranger people for a password, kinda awkward and stalkish
I'm talking about pm them through Wolfquest.Or just start a post about it

Kitsuma
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Kitsuma » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:32 pm

What I'll probably do is wait for a game to fill in open. Give a password, and move to private immediately.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:45 pm

I will be locking this since 2.7 has now been released, therefore you'll now be able to experience what the chatting is like on multiplayer. However, I will create a more general discussion concerning multiplayer chatting options shortly. Thanks!

-Topic Locked-

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”