New version: How hard should raising pups be?

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Spookykitty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: New version: How hard should raising pups be?

Post by Spookykitty » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:16 pm

LunaWolf2468 wrote:What if, in the new AI, pups actually ran away from predators? Not fast enough to outrun them, but mostly for realism and so it doesn't look like they want to be eaten.

The second predators reach your pups, they die immediately. What if instead, once a coyote reaches the pups, it simply grabs one and starts running away, without killing it. That way there's still a small chance you can save that pup (if the pup does survive, its health would be very low?). Once the coyote reaches a certain distance, your pup dies and you've lost your chance. With hawks and bears though, there'd be no possibility of the pup's survival.
^ This. These are fantastic ideas, and I couldn't have said it better myself.

Eversendra
Pup
Pup

Post by Eversendra » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:47 am

I have no suggestions on this issue, you probably like everyone else , I believe that the level should be moderate . Just how mean ? Dave , as the creator of the game will give you my thoughts. I hope the other players will help .
Greetings Bunjeou .

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:14 pm

I got an idea that I had a long time ago
so hear it is :)

ok so when you get to the rendezvous point, it will fade after the howl, then it will say 1 or 2 months later, (when the pups are old enough to hunt) it will then come to the rendezvous point den and show the pups playing about and then you(your wolf) comes in and barks a following signal.
after that, a pop up appears saying.

-Your pups are at that age now to learn how to hunt, you must Gide your pups on a Chace, and let them watch and learn how to hunt. by you Guiding them, you will be teaching them the Basics of hunting. and after 8 try's of teaching them, they will know how to hunt. Also when marking Territory, the pups will learn how to do Territory marking. So go and teach the basic skills to your pups-

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:38 pm

BlueBellTigger wrote:I got an idea that I had a long time ago

ok so when you get to the rendezvous point, it will fade after the howl, then it will say 1 or 2 months later, (when the pups are old enough to hunt) it will then come to the rendezvous point den and show the pups playing about and then you(your wolf) comes in and barks a following signal.

-Your pups are at that age now to learn how to hunt, you must Gide your pups on a Chace, and let them watch and learn how to hunt. by you Guiding them, you will be teaching them the Basics of hunting. and after 8 try's of teaching them, they will know how to hunt. Also when marking Territory, the pups will learn how to do Territory marking. So go and teach the basic skills to your pups-
That kind of falls into the whole "pups growing up" idea, which in turn would require more funding and might as well be in a new episode. This thread is just for suggestions that affect the game/current features in the way of difficulty, as well.

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:15 am

Actually,for me,raising pups in WQ 2.7 it really easy.But for my sister,it's kinda intermediate,so i think there should be some adjustements to elks carcasses spawning,predators and pup hunger drop :)

cosmobianca
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by cosmobianca » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:07 pm

I've played for so many times, that raising and traveling with pups is way too easy... I think the suggestions made so far are amazing! Yes, allowing different difficulty levels would be best, in my opinion. It gives older players more of a challenge. I've seen several nice suggestions so far. (:

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:00 am

Koa wrote:
BlueBellTigger wrote:I got an idea that I had a long time ago

That kind of falls into the whole "pups growing up" idea, which in turn would require more funding and might as well be in a new episode. This thread is just for suggestions that affect the game/current features in the way of difficulty, as well.
Yes, and i said it was a long time ago, when the earth was green :)
any was, i was just saying it for fun. :) and for a suggestion :wink:
and also you are correct. it was meant for the funds. but i put it out just in case no one thought of it :)

Selvin novaraptor
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Selvin novaraptor » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:30 pm

That should be more easier by putting less coyotes.
Coyotes are extremely glitchy

-FireBreaker-
Name: Fire

Post by -FireBreaker- » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:10 am

I think raising pups is easy, but since there is going to be the "Difficulty levels" people could change how hard or easy they want raising pups should be

Eversendra
Pup
Pup

Post by Eversendra » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:58 am

-FireBreaker- wrote:I think raising pups is easy, but since there is going to be the "Difficulty levels" people could change how hard or easy they want raising pups should be
Ye, i agree with you Fire Breaker.
But i dont wanna very ''difficult levels''.
So i might and i hope pups be like difficult and easy in one.

DHumphrey
Pup
Pup

Post by DHumphrey » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:06 am

-FireBreaker- wrote:I think raising pups is easy, but since there is going to be the "Difficulty levels" people could change how hard or easy they want raising pups should be
I think that this ^ is the best option.

Weylenn
Pup
Pup

Post by Weylenn » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Guys, there will be difficulty levels. Check this thread :P http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=77064

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:13 pm

Weylenn wrote:Guys, there will be difficulty levels. Check this thread :P http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=77064
^ Since this does tie into difficulity level, I'll lock this one and encourage everyone else to check out the difficulty thread.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”