WQ: Tablet version: Wolf customization options

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: WQ: Tablet version: Wolf customization options

Post by Koa » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:05 pm

Please stay on topic. If you have a question about wolves or want to discuss something, please keep it in the appropriate forum so that this thread remains on-task and on-topic.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:26 pm

Ok Koa, I was trying to let them know that certain hues of green are realistic enough for a green eyed color option... :)

I have found a good chart for wolf pelt colors, so that you guys can add more for further wolf customization in the tablet version: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Wolf-pelt ... -348174328

These are realistic!

Arctica10
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Local Supercluster, Universe

Post by Arctica10 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:28 pm

Maybe you can have to option to customize the length/thickness of the ruff on the side of the face that wolves have. Males have more of a ruff than females, so that could be a cool thing to do. (It's not hair, it's the "cheek ruff" near the neck, almost like a mane. I hope you get what I'm saying.)

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Arctica10 wrote:Maybe you can have to option to customize the length/thickness of the ruff on the side of the face that wolves have. Males have more of a ruff than females, so that could be a cool thing to do. (It's not hair, it's the "cheek ruff" near the neck, almost like a mane. I hope you get what I'm saying.)
That would be small, but cool. It would be nice to have more of a difference between male and female Wolfquest Wolves besides size.

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:54 am

Arctica10 wrote:Males have more of a ruff than females, so that could be a cool thing to do. (It's not hair, it's the "cheek ruff" near the neck, almost like a mane. I hope you get what I'm saying.)
  • I have not heard of that before Artic10. Do you have a source for that information?

Aaka2013
Pup
Pup

Post by Aaka2013 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:54 am

will the version for the tablet be able to play on a tab 3 tablet for Samsung?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:53 pm

Aaka2013 wrote:will the version for the tablet be able to play on a tab 3 tablet for Samsung?
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 uses the Android operating system. Provided the team can get the game supported on the OS, then it's possible. Just to point out, there are very few system specifications available for Android devices at the moment. Once the iPad app has been released, keep watch on this sub-forum for any news about app support on other devices and operating systems. :)

This topic covers tablet device technical specifications as they are made available-

Aaka2013
Pup
Pup

Post by Aaka2013 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:24 am

thank you that was really helpful

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:58 am

Don't know why this came to mind and this seemed like the best thread for it.

I remember Cana posting a question/suggestion to do with the hunt/stalk animation, whether or not it should be updated to more realistically portray the avatar as hunting or stalking, since the current one is a bit exaggerated or something to that effect. She included a video as well... but I'm not sure where exactly that was posted.

If it's too late in the development to implement it at this point, then would it be possible in the future?

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:44 pm

Sounds like a good idea Neam!

cryptor
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by cryptor » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:50 pm

new and more animals
more secret places and stuff
more human stuff in the WQ-World
more colors too the wolf
more difrent wolfs
remove hacks from WQ
:D 8) :mrgreen: :idea: :lol: :rofl:

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 pm

cryptor wrote:new and more animals
more secret places and stuff
more human stuff in the WQ-World
more colors too the wolf
more difrent wolfs
remove hacks from WQ
:D 8) :mrgreen: :idea: :lol: :rofl:
  • Hey Cryptor,

This topic is concerned only with suggestions pertaining to wolf customization. Keep that in mind if you have any more suggestions related to wolf customization to share here!

Also, posting several smilies in a row is considered SPAM on the WolfQuest forms. In future posts, make sure to space the smiles out amongst your sentences so that they have more meaning, or use less of them! Thanks for understanding.

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:34 pm

Neamara wrote:Don't know why this came to mind and this seemed like the best thread for it.

I remember Cana posting a question/suggestion to do with the hunt/stalk animation, whether or not it should be updated to more realistically portray the avatar as hunting or stalking, since the current one is a bit exaggerated or something to that effect. She included a video as well... but I'm not sure where exactly that was posted.

If it's too late in the development to implement it at this point, then would it be possible in the future?
Wolves don't stalk like they do in the game in real life. They don't hug the ground and swing their head, they mostly crouch down with ears forward and move quick.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:57 pm

WolfBlood02 wrote:Wolves don't stalk like they do in the game in real life. They don't hug the ground and swing their head, they mostly crouch down with ears forward and move quick.
I've been fully aware of that since watching a documentary about wolves a few years ago. x3
Trouble is, I've had little success finding the exact post she made. I did manage to find a couple of references showing wolves and their far more realistic stalk-

The second video is a documentary, so it has a couple of decent but brief clips- first at the 0:20 mark, second at the 1:06 mark and the third at the 1:20 mark.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:00 pm

Yeah, that stalking animation is not up to the standards of the rest of the animations. We actually intended to show it only from the standard over-the-tail viewpoint. (But then I forgot that and put a side view in the SC preview video...)

That Ethiopian wolf video is intriguing -- the first segment just looks like a slo-mo walk, but after that, the wolf is slunk low, quite dramatic. But I don't know how common that is for gray wolves. I have a vague memory that it's not very common. So maybe we should drop the special stalk animation and just have it walk at half-speed.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”