WQ: Tablet version: Wolf customization options

Archived news, updates and announcements.
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

WQ: Tablet version: Wolf customization options

Post by loboLoco » Mon May 26, 2014 2:31 pm

We know that many players have long wanted more options to customize their wolf character -- and so we've decided to expand those options in the upcoming Tablet version of the game. So give us some ideas! We're thinking of these:

-Eye color
-A variety of scars on various parts of the body
-Tattered ear

We'd like to add more fur colors, but I think we've got all the actual, accurate colors, more or less.

We do want to keep these choices within the realm of realism and accuracy, but we'd like to hear any other ideas you might have.

thanks
Dave
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

howl-ite
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: WQ: Tablet version: Wolf customization options

Post by howl-ite » Mon May 26, 2014 3:09 pm

• I think eye colour is a must.

Since you already have the height of the wolf, perhaps you could include the weight of the wolf as well. For example, you could make a short and slightly more built wolf, or a tall and lanky wolf. Nothing too drastic though.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Mon May 26, 2014 3:17 pm

Maybe the option for the user to "paint" markings on the wolf as well.

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Mon May 26, 2014 4:04 pm

• I like tattered's angle. I would be delighted to see the wolf's physique change as you move the stat bars, such that more than just the wolf's overall scaled size changes when speed, strength, and stamina are adjusted. Although I admit these changes would probably be hard to see on the models once in game.

Another idea is to see the wolf's fur coat moult off in the summer, and be thicker in the wintertime. Maybe subtle texture changes to indicate that?

Scars might be hard to see. I am okay with eye color changes so long as blue is not an option for adult wolves :lol: !

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon May 26, 2014 4:11 pm

If it counts, would howl customization be possible to implement? Even if it's just a pitch bar or predefined selection.

[Scribbles]
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by [Scribbles] » Mon May 26, 2014 4:36 pm

Would it be possible to set a time bar between night and day, as well as have your wolf age in the game? Like you could begin as a pup and go through the complete life of a wolf?

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Mon May 26, 2014 11:01 pm

Love all the ideas so far. Fur thickness variations, physique modifications, customizable howl, and the other new customizable characteristics included in the first post would all be very neat to see as implemented options. I'm interested in the idea brought up by dragonflash980 regarding age. Being able to customize the age of your wolf as either pup, adult, or aged has been a request from users for previous episodes. Although I'm not sure how this would work in terms of easily implementing this sort of thing.

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Tue May 27, 2014 5:25 pm

Oooh many ideas in store :D Glad to see some expressing these ideas here! Practically what I had in mind is perfectly said above. All these customizations were my hopes in the game itself years back, but to see them pondering about these additions is great!

I wouldn't want to duplicate it, but perhaps if we do start out as a pup, could we be able to motivate and entertain by exploring and finding new things, safeties and dangers? Play with other siblings (If they are around too)? And so on and so forth. Because that would be a great idea and just how pups react when they are young until their adolescent status. To add on to that, perhaps if we option to play as an adult and as our young grow, we could mentor them as well. Show them how to hunt when they reach their juvenile age and show them the basics: Swimming, hunting small rodents or smells, etc.

Character Definitions
To go back to these characteristics, perhaps we could add ear definitions? Oval shaped, torn, pointed, short, large. Same would go for height, depending on the age the height and weight could alter. Depending on how you would want your canid to look like. The fur could correspond to it's health. Shed to a lighter/darker color due to weather change. Food could also pay a price on survival, the lesser the food the value in it's nutrients could alter and not have the canid to have a full hunger level. The percentage to decrease over time and not just by hunting and biting an animal, that should mainly just be from energy.

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Wed May 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Eye color, a way to determine a specific build for the wolf's body (e.g. making it look muscular with long legs and particularly small ears), and maybe a way to determine fur length if possible, and a way to change the color of the paw pads (maybe the options of making them pink, black or brown??? i dunno...).

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Fri May 30, 2014 6:04 pm

-Tracking Collar?
-Perhaps personality traits? Like simple ones such as anger, happiness, skittish, (i.e. think about pokemon natures if that helps.)
-a selection where you first can select the species, then customize from there.
-personality maybe affects your stats?

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sat May 31, 2014 5:59 am

I like the personality traits thing. Maybe you can see other wolves' as well, so you can see what your mate's will be.

sadbuddy44
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by sadbuddy44 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:56 pm

cool

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:02 pm

sadbuddy44, please avoid posting with less than three words, as doing so is considered a form of SPAM. Further definitions and information can be found in the Forum Guidelines.
WQ Coordinator wrote:What is not allowed
•SPAM (definition below)
WQ Coordinator wrote:Definition of SPAM
SPAM= Stupid, Pointless, Annoying Messages. Listed below are our definitions of "SPAM":
•One-word replies- actually, this includes any posts that are less than three words. If you can reply with less than three words, it's probably not worth saying, so it is not allowed in these forums.

Source: Forum Guidelines

Please keep this in mind before posting in the future -- much appreciated! ^^

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:33 pm

This isn't necessarily a direct customization feature, but it does tie in with fur thickness and the like--
What about adding global, visible fur length changes during certain stages in the game, i.e., Amethyst Mountain (fall , somewhat thick coat) vs. Slough Creek stage 1 (winter, thick coat) vs. Slough Creek stage 2 (spring, thinner coat)? Or however you have the game ser up now in regards to seasons. Is that plausible?

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:25 am

Perhaps this could be added to the general characterization portion. Maybe from recent attacks by a bar swiping, your wolf would have a scratch on the aimed area? Say the bear is in front of your wolf, guarding a carrion. The bear stands then roars and then comes the swiping of it's paw. Well, wherever the paw hits, there would be a scar/scratch formed at that area and if a scratch it could heal, as for a scar, it heals over time but leaves behind that familiar outline of a scar was made.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”