WQ: Tablet version: Wolf customization options

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Arctica10
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Local Supercluster, Universe

Re: WQ: Tablet version: Wolf customization options

Post by Arctica10 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:08 pm

Nordue wrote:
Arctica10 wrote:Males have more of a ruff than females, so that could be a cool thing to do. (It's not hair, it's the "cheek ruff" near the neck, almost like a mane. I hope you get what I'm saying.)
  • I have not heard of that before Artic10. Do you have a source for that information?
I can't remember exactly where I got it, but I'm pretty sure it's from a book about wolves I bought for personal research. Also, a wolf calendar I have (by the World Wildlife Fund) has descriptive text mentioning that wolves have four to six inch manes that start at the base of the neck and continue towards the tail.

Noella
Name: Noella

Post by Noella » Mon May 11, 2015 4:28 pm

Arctica10 wrote:
Nordue wrote:
Arctica10 wrote:Males have more of a ruff than females, so that could be a cool thing to do. (It's not hair, it's the "cheek ruff" near the neck, almost like a mane. I hope you get what I'm saying.)
  • I have not heard of that before Artic10. Do you have a source for that information?
I can't remember exactly where I got it, but I'm pretty sure it's from a book about wolves I bought for personal research. Also, a wolf calendar I have (by the World Wildlife Fund) has descriptive text mentioning that wolves have four to six inch manes that start at the base of the neck and continue towards the tail.
Oh! I know what you're talking about! You don't always notice it I guess, but when you look at photos of wolves, that statement is indeed true.

CanusLux
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by CanusLux » Mon May 11, 2015 6:49 pm

I'm not sure if this has been said, but could a possibility be a color wheel, where you choose a color and it acts as your scent trail? Or you could choose your pups' color scent or have it as an option in MP? Just something i thought I'd throw out there :)

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Thu May 14, 2015 12:10 pm

I agree with adding new fur lengths. Like having a fluffy or short coat wolf. Even the changes in coat length in different season. Possibly also (I think this was suggested) the choosing if a bulky strong wolf or a thin wolf and the height too maybe?

Ironic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ironic » Sat May 16, 2015 11:24 am

We should have a aging button.

Pup, teen, and adult.
Avvie Made Lupin S DeCanis

Ironyz
Pup
Pup

Post by Ironyz » Sat May 16, 2015 11:40 am

Ironic wrote:We should have a aging button.

Pup, teen, and adult.
I do agree,, but it would be quite hard to be a pup, well it really depends, if the pup has it own "quest" then I have to disagree.. A pup couldn't survive alone. If it had its own pack, I support this idea.

I support the teen wolf bit, like hunting with its sibling, chasing crows, learning and so on.

Of course the "Adult" has to be an option, just like the original game finding a mate and so on, I don't think it needs to change much that idea.

CanusLux wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been said, but could a possibility be a color wheel, where you choose a color and it acts as your scent trail? Or you could choose your pups' color scent or have it as an option in MP? Just something i thought I'd throw out there :)

I think that's a great idea! Also maybe changing p lt colours and stuff?!?!

arctica10 wrote: Males have more of a ruff than females, so that could be a cool thing to do. (It's not hair, it's the "cheek ruff" near the neck, almost like a mane. I hope you get what I'm saying.)

Love that idea! Maybe if we could chose what type of fur length we want? That would be pretty cool!

Then again, the game is probably almost done, if you guys can't add this options, it's perfectly fine! We will still love playing this game!

Spookykitty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Spookykitty » Wed May 20, 2015 11:15 pm

I would like an improved tint system that can be adjusted to a specific area, such as the back, ears, or muzzle. In 2.5.1, it's still the weird tint option where the whole wolf changes color regardless of their white belly, muzzle etc.

bonnie bunny
Pup
Pup
Name: Star

Post by bonnie bunny » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:45 pm

what if you choose to be a pup u can customize the parents looks and ya I think the eye color customization is a must since not every wolf has yellow eyes. Maybe a new predator like a cougar or something I'd like to see a cat of some kind in the game. Also if you have a radio collar an airplane can fly over from time to time. Maybe in the Cattle Ranch maybe if your caught or when your caught have your wolf fight the dog and if you win get out as soon as possible. Also have a customization option to have real fur or not. Maybe have a city level in case your wolf wants to explore a bit in a human town. But yes this is a few ideas I have though the city level you probably wont add but I hope you add the others

TheSuperNorppa
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TheSuperNorppa » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:44 pm

Could there be differend taill lenghts or could you have injured tail that has some of it missing?

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:54 pm

A few posts previously, CanusLux said something about a unique scent trail for wolves (being able to choose the color of your scent trail). I think this would be cool. This could maybe be added, along with the removal of the blue dots on the map showing where wolves are, both SP and MP. So instead of looking at a blue dot, you'd have to follow scent trails to find certain wolves. It would be more realistic, I think.

wolf_sa
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by wolf_sa » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:11 pm

This might sound dumb but I think it would be cool...
Maybe some markings? I dunno what - maybe some speckles or ear/tail-tips or a differently-coloured underbelly?
Ooh, or a nose colour option! :D I think making a wolf with a pink nose would be totally adorable :P

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:46 am

wolf_sa wrote:This might sound wonderful but I think it would be cool...
Maybe some markings? I dunno what - maybe some speckles or ear/tail-tips or a differently-coloured underbelly?
Ooh, or a nose colour option! :D I think making a wolf with a pink nose would be totally adorable :P
Uh, I don't think wolves can have pink noses. Not even arctic wolves. However, low content wolfdogs might.
http://yamnuskawolfdogsanctuary.com/res ... -and-dogs/
(see number 17) ^

Latra

Post by Latra » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:41 am

The idea of scent trails is amazing! It would be cool if each of your pups and mate had unique scent trails so you could follow specific pups instead of accidentally following the wrong trail. (And implementing a sick or weak feature, a weaker or discolored trail would be awesome!)

Sheka
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sheka » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:46 pm

I think the range of different eye colors is a must, it helps customization even though many wolves have the range of amber to yellow eye colors typically.

May have been mentioned previously, but what about muscle mass/size? Some wolves aren't as muscular as others, and the weight difference between males and females can be drastic. I feel like the length of the fur could also vary between individual timber wolves.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:31 am

I like the area tinting idea, and the ideas with the scent trails.

I also like the idea of adding the cougar or another animal (like bison?) to add a bit of difficulty, but I understand that will require very strong sales.

Maybe changing the AI of prey so they are more likely to dodge. Like how rabbits zig-zag, dart all around, eventually vanishing into their hole, etc. I've never seen a rabbit run in a straight line away from a predator...

Maybe these things can be added in a DLC or something down the line, if sales go very well?

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”