WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WolfOfOz
Pup
Pup

Re: WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Post by WolfOfOz » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:53 pm

I'm sorry if I'm late, or if I posted at the wrong thread, just inform me where to go. I wasn't sure where else to put it.

I don't know if this is a sign that multiplayer has been closed down, but for a while I have been unable to open mutliplayer. When I attempt to enter a room, the game crashes, and a pop-up informs me to check with a moderator or something, so yeah. XD

EDIT: It was fixed for a awhile, but now it's come back. I KNOW multiplayer is still up, too.
Last edited by WolfOfOz on Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Multiplayer is still functional. Lexicon hasn't yet been removed, but your description matches that of a game crash informing you to send the generated crash folder to the developers, which you'll find in your WolfQuest installation directory (for Windows, this is typically C:\Program Files\WolfQuest or C:\Program Files (x86)\WolfQuest, depending x32 and x64 bit machines respectively; not sure about Mac machines) for analysis.

Typically you'd be advised to post something like this in Tips, Hints, and Help, and to review the instructions provided here. I don't know if this process is still valid especially now that 2.7 is coming soon. Assuming that it is still valid, you may want to consider doing that if you haven't already.

• Edit
Might be worth looking at this thread for some advice on fixing the problem.
Last edited by Neamara on Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edit.

WQlf
Pup
Pup

Post by WQlf » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:15 pm

Awhile back I encountered this glitch during multiplayer. It probably wouldn't occur unless you wanted it to happen, but it would probably be annoying to those that may have done it accidentally.
WQlf wrote: This first picture happened after I tried jumping into one of the dens in slough creek and laying down. I ended up getting stuck and when I finally got out my camera was looking in a down direction. In hopes of fixing the weird camera angle I zoomed into my character with the - and + buttons. But then this happened. My camera zoomed into my wolf's head! It looks so weird. Usually you only see this sort of thing in Feral Heart. I think it's cool how you can see the teeth though.
I'm not sure if this could happen in singleplayer, but imagine this happening while trying to fend off a predator from your pups. You wouldn't be able to see where the bear/coyote/eagle was in order to save them!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:00 am

Snow130 wrote:I actually had the same problem in Single player on Slough creek, my territory goes ALL the way back to 0% when I save and reload. It's really annoying.
This is definitely working properly in 2.7.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:53 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Snow130 wrote:I actually had the same problem in Single player on Slough creek, my territory goes ALL the way back to 0% when I save and reload. It's really annoying.
This is definitely working properly in 2.7.

YAY!! I really do not like that glitch, now the territory thing will work :)

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:12 am

I don't know if it was mentoned,but in the Secret Den,if you kill the pups and you had he albino,clicking restart with pups will erase the bonus of white coat and make all pups parents colors. (I actually started to play that game again :o )

Also,last day,when i did this to make pup coats like parents,my mate started to act like he's a zombie xP He didn't hunt,he just went veeery slowly into the river and i dunno what he wanted to do,he just swam to the other side of the map :P

Also,sometimes in the secret den,the pups try escaping to the nearest ANOTHER DEN and that makes the game a bit glitchy.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:10 am

Shadziulec wrote:I don't know if it was mentoned,but in the Secret Den,if you kill the pups and you had he albino,clicking restart with pups will erase the bonus of white coat and make all pups parents colors. (I actually started to play that game again :o )

Also,last day,when i did this to make pup coats like parents,my mate started to act like he's a zombie xP He didn't hunt,he just went veeery slowly into the river and i dunno what he wanted to do,he just swam to the other side of the map :P

Also,sometimes in the secret den,the pups try escaping to the nearest ANOTHER DEN and that makes the game a bit glitchy.
The "resetting" part for pups to reflect their parents colors by killing them can happen at all den locations to my knowledge; I tested this out at Aspen Heights and it worked.

I imagine that this will be fixed in the upcoming version.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Koa wrote:
Shadziulec wrote:I don't know if it was mentoned,but in the Secret Den,if you kill the pups and you had he albino,clicking restart with pups will erase the bonus of white coat and make all pups parents colors. (I actually started to play that game again :o )

The "resetting" part for pups to reflect their parents colors by killing them can happen at all den locations to my knowledge; I tested this out at Aspen Heights and it worked.

Can you describe this bug a bit more for me?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:43 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Koa wrote:

Can you describe this bug a bit more for me?
It's basically the workaround for brown pups (which I'm assuming will be fixed in 2.7 and thus would render the current workaround as non-existant) that do not reflect the parents' colors like they once did.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=76746

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:22 am

Ah, thanks. Yeah, the puppy coat bug is totally fixed, so I won't worry about this one.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:38 pm

loboLoco wrote:Ah, thanks. Yeah, the puppy coat bug is totally fixed, so I won't worry about this one.

YES!!! thanks Dave for fixing it :mrgreen:

WQlf
Pup
Pup

Post by WQlf » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:53 pm

There is a glitch in Multiplayer where if one wolf eats a carcass and finishes it, another wolf will just see the carcass as full, as if it was never eaten.

So like, lets say four wolves went to a carcass. One of them ate a bit of the carcass and on their screen the red bar is now half full and the carcass is bloody. However, on everyone elses screen the bar is full and the carcass is fresh as ever, as if it was never eaten by the other wolf.

I'm not sure if this other glitch is intentional or not, but if you're sitting or laying down you can't move your camera to look around with the O, [ ] keys. In order to look in a certain direction while sitting you half to turn the camera to the angle you want before sitting down, because you can not move the cam while sitting.

This other glitch causes people to get EXP points really quickly. What they do is approach a stranger wolf in Amethyst Mountain Singleplayer, and when the wolf is just about to run away they go into their menu and into pack stats, close it and open the menu and pack stats again and again until the points from the battle keep going up. Here is a video I found on youtube that shows the glitch in more detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtwmzoQKKHI (skip to 3:34 to see the glitch occur)

Not sure if this one is fixable, but if you jump and then sit down mid jump when the wolf touches the ground it will seemingly teleport back to where it was when you sat down. Also If you bow right after you press the jump button and press W or the up arrow while bowing your wolf will seemingly "slide" across the ground while bowing.

WolfOfOz
Pup
Pup

Post by WolfOfOz » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:53 pm

Neamara wrote:Multiplayer is still functional. Lexicon hasn't yet been removed, but your description matches that of a game crash informing you to send the generated crash folder to the developers, which you'll find in your WolfQuest installation directory (for Windows, this is typically C:\Program Files\WolfQuest or C:\Program Files (x86)\WolfQuest, depending x32 and x64 bit machines respectively; not sure about Mac machines) for analysis.

Typically you'd be advised to post something like this in Tips, Hints, and Help, and to review the instructions provided here. I don't know if this process is still valid especially now that 2.7 is coming soon. Assuming that it is still valid, you may want to consider doing that if you haven't already.

• Edit
Might be worth looking at this thread for some advice on fixing the problem.

I'm a bit late to reply, but thank you. The problem is fixed now and I can access the game correctly. Thank you for the information, though.
  • Edit
Oh, and I have another glitch that will probably be addressed, if it hasn't already.

Recently I've come upon a glitch where if I pick up a pup, it will randomly make it impossible for me to put the pup down, and my wolf is forever stuck in either bending down to feed or bending down to pick it up. The only way I can get rid of this is to turn off my game and turn it back on.

Just thought I should post that?
Last edited by Neamara on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added information from double post. In the future, please use the edit feature of your previous post to include additional information. Thank you~ ♪

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:09 pm

WolfOfOz wrote:Oh, and I have another glitch that will probably be addressed, if it hasn't already.

Recently I've come upon a glitch where if I pick up a pup, it will randomly make it impossible for me to put the pup down, and my wolf is forever stuck in either bending down to feed or bending down to pick it up. The only way I can get rid of this is to turn off my game and turn it back on.

Just thought I should post that?
Did your game freeze? It might have something to do with your computer.

Selvin novaraptor
Pup
Pup
Name: Nova

Post by Selvin novaraptor » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:15 pm

Many times I get stuck while crossing slough. That means I cant move and annoying nametags are moving.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”