WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Archived news, updates and announcements.
AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Re: WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Post by AmberZeWolf » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:32 am

The bug I find rather unimportant, but no one else seems to have cared but I did. In multiplayer, all the wolves are your wolf's size. No matter what either, and that makes me rather upset because I like knowing who's stronger and who's weaker, by their size since your strength indicates how big your wolf is right? Maybe you guys can fix this small problem? I don't know if it's really important, just to add more realism in a wolf role play game in multiplayer so one would know if someone's stronger or not. This is just my opinion, and no one else seems to care, thus this might not even be important.
Last edited by AmberZeWolf on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:12 pm

I'm not quite sure if this is a glitch or if it is too late to add this but I would always get annoyed when the scent trail would disappear very quickly. It would be nice if they lasted like 5-20 minuets at least so if i needed to find the location of a wolf or another animal from a certain point from where it once was, i would be able to track them. i'm not sure if this was already discussed and i'm sorry if it has been, but i don't believe it has. I don't think it would be too much of a hindrance if there were overlapping scents due to an increased length of scent trail duration either because in a way that is really how wolves 'see' with their noses. I bet it would be a bit difficult to pinpoint something as you 'see' all the different animals in the area. I was also wondering about lone bull elk and if that would be possible to integrate?
Last edited by Wolvencall on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

fruit
Pup
Pup

Post by fruit » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:04 pm

One glitch is when you are looking for a mate and then finally when you find a dispersal wolf of the right gender, you can't get over to the wolf. And, the wolf just runs really fast in place, almost like he or she is running to you. And then, I don't know if this happens to everyone, the wolf changes gender and you just have to leave. I found that super annoying because I had spent so much time getting around most of the territories.

Another glitch is, I don't know if this is a water glitch or not, when I start sinking into the ground. It only happens at Slough Creek. I was playing with my friend yet, doing this dramatic rp, and then I just sunk into the ground and I yelled "It's too late for me!" To my friend. Anyways it was unfixable and I had to quit the game.

One last one is in multiplayer my game just freezes and all of the sudden the name tags of all the players start duplicating on my screen, so they just go everywhere until I can't see the actual game. Sometimes it stops but most of the time I have to quit the game.

That's all. :D

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:27 am

I'm not sure if this is fixable, but every time it starts raining or snowing (the last one in Slough Creek) I get this blue blur over my screen, like blue has been painted over the screen and made a bit transparent. I can still see my wolf and everything else but it has a blue tint and sometimes the trees and certain shadows glitch and jump up and down as you make your wolf run.
And sometimes, very sometimes, even after it stops raining or snowing, that blue tint won't go away, and stays there the whole game or till you save and reload that game file.

I know it can be fixed by turning off the weather option in the game, but for those who want the snow and rain to be visible, this might get a little bit annoying at times.

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:06 pm

A lot of the annoying bugs have been mentioned, but I don't think the mate's AI has been.
My mate will occasionally get themselves stuck against the den, run up against me and push me away from prey when I'm trying to eat, or run in circles around me or the den for no reason. They'll also walk very slowly in a certain direction and ignore everything around them for a few seconds after we howl. The mates don't seem to do anything when eagles go after pups during the final journey, as well as with most predators in general (the most they've ever done is run in circles around the den, but even then, they get themselves stuck).

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:34 pm

Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been reworked. I believe those sort of bugs shouldn't be a problem any more.
loboLoco wrote:
  • Improved AI behaviors for all animals
    Elk and AI wolves are smarter about avoiding obstacles
Source: New features!
loboLoco wrote:A few months ago, we decided that the animal AI code needed a thorough overhaul, so we've been focused on that. We're finishing that now, and the mate and pups definitely have better behaviors, and are much less buggy.
Source: WolfQuest for iPad?

MimpiDreams
Pup
Pup

Post by MimpiDreams » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:42 am

I know one error on my computer for multiplayer-when in slough creek is rain or snow all my screen is rainbow or orange can you fix this?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:07 am

That may be a hardware or driver issue, though it's hard to say for sure. Make sure your graphics driver is up-to-date. Alternatively, try adjusting compatibility settings (I know this is possible on Windows-based operating systems; not sure about Mac) by running it for a different version of Windows (so for example, XP, Vista or 7 mode) and see if the problem persists. You could also try changing the resolution and/or quality settings, though it's hard to say if this will resolve anything.

I've never encountered this problem, so I have no idea if this will help at all. I know it's been brought up in Tips, Hints and Help and if it is a glitch, support on getting it fixed. ^^

wolfgirl456
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Forest, Jenga

Post by wolfgirl456 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:22 am

For the love of God please fix the sanic fast bears. In other words, when you try to chase off a bear from your den, they run faster than you and it's nearly impossible to successfully chase them off unless they hit a collision. I'm sure that realistically, wolves can sprint faster and longer than bears. This may be my fault of playing as a supposedly slow wolf, but I think bears shouldn't run fast as an Arabian horse over a period of forever.

There's another problem when you load a saved game from Slough Creek, the bar that resembles how secure your territory is by scent marking always goes down to zero, even if you previously had it full. Idk if the game is just corrupted on my computer but this is a very irritating glitch.

The pups start to beg for food even when their hunger is down by 1%. This may make their weight grow faster but it's not really realistic, it puts extra food to waste, and it's over-the-top frustrating. I believe they should start begging for food when they're hunger is around 50%.

The automatic turning when you are close to a object that allows an action (carcasses, feeding pups, etc) should be removed because it causes more disturbance other than helping you. This may not be a glitch, but it acts like it and I think it should be mentioned.

I'm sorry if I sounds aggressive. I'm just mentioning possible glitches that affect me the most.

Nere
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Nere » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:25 pm

I am wondering that if in the new version the pup color glitch will be fixed or not. I guess its not a first priority kind of thing, but I would like to see it fixed because everytime I get pups it takes forever to set their colors right and sometimes it doesn't even work.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:39 pm

SinnedAshes wrote:I am wondering that if in the new version the pup color glitch will be fixed or not. I guess its not a first priority kind of thing, but I would like to see it fixed because everytime I get pups it takes forever to set their colors right and sometimes it doesn't even work.
It was reported in detail on page 3- http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=2318911#p2318911

SilverAztec
Pup
Pup
Name: Ace

Post by SilverAztec » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:49 am

Will we be able to kill bears this time? Cause they kept on disappearing

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:05 am

SilverAztec wrote:Will we be able to kill bears this time? Cause they kept on disappearing
No; a bear would kill a single wolf, rather than the other way around. "Killing" bears or diminishing their health a significant amount in past versions of the game was often a glitch and not intentional. (For me, it was common in multiplayer preceding connection timeouts and lag.)

SilverAztec
Pup
Pup
Name: Ace

Post by SilverAztec » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:21 am

Koa wrote:
SilverAztec wrote:Will we be able to kill bears this time? Cause they kept on disappearing
No; a bear would kill a single wolf, rather than the other way around. "Killing" bears or diminishing their health a significant amount in past versions of the game was often a glitch and not intentional. (For me, it was common in multiplayer preceding connection timeouts and lag.)
Ohh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:32 pm

I actually had the same problem in Single player on Slough creek, my territory goes ALL the way back to 0% when I save and reload. It's really annoying.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”