WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Archived news, updates and announcements.
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Post by loboLoco » Sun May 18, 2014 4:45 pm

We are moving along with the iPad (and probably Android/Kindle tablet) version of WolfQuest. We are well aware of a good number of bugs in the game, but I'd like to hear from you all as well. What bugs should we be sure to fix?

NOTE: we are going to overhaul the water entirely. It has a number of problems (can't get out of the creek, sometimes get stuck or "swim" in air on ground nearby water). So no need to mention that.

Also note that this topic is for bugs and glitches in existing gameplay, not for ideas for new features. (We will have some new features, though!)

To keep this thread from getting out of hand, please try to avoid posting a bug if someone else has already posted it. Once we get a good list, we may ask for input regarding importance.

thanks!
Dave
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Owlir
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Post by Owlir » Wed May 21, 2014 3:55 pm

Well, I don't know if this is just me and my computer, but when I get killed by a bear, my game freezes, and after a couple minutes, crashes. I was wondering if that glitch could be avoided in the app.

SilverWolf08
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SilverWolf08 » Sun May 25, 2014 12:07 pm

I think it would be good if you got it on android as soon as you can so than everyone can try it out. im very exited to see what you have in store for us!

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun May 25, 2014 1:12 pm

Good to know water will be getting an overhaul. ^^

It may be worth looking into the bug that prevents players' corpses from de-spawning correctly in Amethyst Mountain; it can render the game impossible to save especially if death occurs within the vicinity of stranger wolf territory.
Can be a bit infuriating to die from a stranger wolf encounter then find your mate only to be unable to save progress and migrate to Slough Creek.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sun May 25, 2014 2:07 pm

nightangelwolf wrote:It may be worth looking into the bug that prevents players' corpses from de-spawning correctly in Amethyst Mountain; it can render the game impossible to save especially if death occurs within the vicinity of stranger wolf territory.
Can be a bit infuriating to die from a stranger wolf encounter then find your mate only to be unable to save progress and migrate to Slough Creek.
So if you run out of heath and die during a Stranger Wolf interaction on Amethyst, you don't respawn at all -- you're just stuck and have to quit? Can you give me any particular steps to reproduce that bug?

thanks
Dave
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun May 25, 2014 2:37 pm

Your wolf does respawn, but its corpse won't de-spawn as it usually should. It's stuck wherever your wolf died and the options to save and load are greyed out. Last time I checked it happened whenever you died near/within stranger wolf territory, not necessarily due to a stranger wolf encounter. Seems the same thing happens with other deaths in AM as well.

Also happens in multiplayer due to starvation/predator/prey recoil/damage.
Can't attach/use image tags here, but this is the usual result.
  • Duplicate corpse (SP):
    Duplicate corpse, map (SP):
    Duplicate corpse, pause menu:

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Tue May 27, 2014 5:34 pm

On some locations as for Amethyst mountain, I believe it's the Fossil something...area that for me when I go near there and Soda Butte Vista, I start to float in mid-air and moonwalk. It's kind of weird to say because I also hear the water sound, splashing as you are moving and slowly sliding across the map. This also happens to me when I cross the creek in SC. Specific areas too, so it's not just always one spot, there's also various ones and they still have the same effect as I mentioned what happens in AM. Not sure if you can go and assume to fix that issue.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue May 27, 2014 7:43 pm

thanks for the details, Nightangelwolf.

SpecialK: All those are caused by a bug with the water, and we'll be overhauling the water to eliminate those problems completely.

What else? C'mon, I know there are more!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Tue May 27, 2014 10:44 pm

I think the water is the main cause of most of our glitches.. so probably not a bad idea to overhaul that detail.. ;)

It's been a while since I have specifically played the game, but I do recall that if your wolf dies in any location in single player, primarily Amethyst Mountain, a glitch occurs that basically "locks" you into the game. If your wolf was killed by a bear, and you do manage to re spawn, the next time you attempt to put your character to sleep the camera zooms in (sometimes across the whole map) onto the dead corpse of your earlier character death. You basically can't get out of the screen, can't wake up and return to your current living wolf, and save buttons don't respond. I think I've always ultimately had to power off my computer to get out.

Someone who has access to the game may have to clarify this. ^

There is also a glitch in various parts of the map, such as lone tree, and the big tree den, where your wolf sinks underground and traps you there. I do believe this occurs randomly.

Another one that comes to mind is when your wolf goes through a phase of "I'm not going to bite anything"... This also occurs spontaneously throughout the game, though often when hunting for elk. Even as the directed symbol appears, the space bar proves ineffective and does nothing. This sometimes applies to feeding your pups. Your wolf may be standing directly beside your pup with the yellow symbol motioning for feeding, but the space bar refuses to respond...

Again, if someone could clarify these, that would be fantastic! ^^"

There are further glitches here I believe: "What Bugs did you find?"
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... d#p2248858

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Thu May 29, 2014 8:48 am

Oh oh oh, I think I might know of another issue with bugs/glitches! As far as I remember, at least a year or two ago and not sure if this persists any longer. I would go hunting alone or with other people in the game. The main prey would be going after the bull elk and usually we are able to kill it, however, sometimes it would do a moonwalk then vanish out of the blue!

Not technically sure if this still happens though, but that was one of the other bugs I have came across and doubt it has anything to do with the water bug. Though if so, that's what I just remembered this morning!

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:03 am

Didn't see it mentioned: East Creek/the secret unlockable den could use a little TLC -- after selecting the den and settling at that territory, the minimap glitches (generally after saving/reloading) and the mate and pups endlessly wander away from the area inevitably resulting in death which restarting/reloading will not fix.

MidnightSands
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by MidnightSands » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:50 am

BlackWarrior wrote:

It's been a while since I have specifically played the game, but I do recall that if your wolf dies in any location in single player, primarily Amethyst Mountain, a glitch occurs that basically "locks" you into the game. If your wolf was killed by a bear, and you do manage to re spawn, the next time you attempt to put your character to sleep the camera zooms in (sometimes across the whole map) onto the dead corpse of your earlier character death. You basically can't get out of the screen, can't wake up and return to your current living wolf, and save buttons don't respond. I think I've always ultimately had to power off my computer to get out.
I have also experienced this in multiplayer though instead of taking your view to you last death spot and freezing it takes you to where the player hosting that server was standing when you used the sleep emote after you have died once on that server.

Cheyannfelts
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Cheyannfelts » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:36 pm

the brown pup glitch, You should also be ABLE to go into your den, its not a den if your not in it..

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:06 pm

Cheyannfelts wrote:the brown pup glitch, You should also be ABLE to go into your den, its not a den if your not in it..
Please use this thread only to report bugs that need to be fixed in the tablet version of the game. We appreciate you suggesting additions to improve the game, however that is not the purpose of this thread. Sorry!

shadowwolf161719
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by shadowwolf161719 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:25 am

Ok i want to know where to ge the tablet version (Amazon?) and i have a possibly major bug keeping me from playing WolfQuest on the computer. (Considering i dont know how to post a thread in the help forum....) My game, when i open it up and go into the title screen, the buttons are gone/have disappeared. and if i click around they still dont show up.... Can i fix this somehow?

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”