WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Post by Neamara » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:39 am

The tablet version is currently in development; you won't yet be able to purchase and download it until release date (ETA late 2014, exact date TBA). In regards to that bug, it's a known compatibility issue for Windows 7 Operating Systems, most commonly reported among Windows 7 Ultimate users.
The only known way to fix it: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=67606

shadowwolf161719
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by shadowwolf161719 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Thanks for the help i can play now :D

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Cheyannfelts wrote:the brown pup glitch, You should also be ABLE to go into your den, its not a den if your not in it..

I'm addition to what Hidden Phoenix has pointed out, your opinions on the matter of Den Improvements can be brought up here:
[ http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74985 ]
Feel free to share your thoughts on whether the app versions should offer the ability for your wolf to enter the den.

Cheyannfelts
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Cheyannfelts » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:42 am

when your legs are stuck in the ground and when you fly

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:54 am

Cheyannfelts wrote:when your legs are stuck in the ground and when you fly
The floating purposes could be the water issue, which Dave is looking into fixing. :)

wolfstorm13
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by wolfstorm13 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:22 pm

The most annoying glitchs that I get is that the pups would freeze or skate while walking or playing. Also during the last mission my mate would take the pups back where I last was.( like if I took one pup across the river and when I would go for another one the mate would take the one I took across the river and take it back to the other side again) the mate does nothing but annoy you on the last mission or stay next to you and not carrying or protecting the pups. The only good thing he or she does is feed them when their health is low lol. I was hoping the team could fix that for the tablet.

Edited:
They would do that sometimes, and then snap out of it and walk normally? Or once they start doing that, they never resume normal movement?
What I mean by the pups freezing or skating is that they would stand completely still and not move at all or walk with out leg movement.
Also the feed button sometimes doesn't work for me when the pups crowd around me. The coyotes, in single or multiplayer games would walk up to a elk carcass to eat it, but they would only walk next to the carcass and not eat it at all.
Last edited by wolfstorm13 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

chickiefoo
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by chickiefoo » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:23 pm

I haven't played WolfQuest for a while, so I've forgotten most of the annoying little bugs. But one glitch I remember well was when I howled, my mate also howled but didn't come running towards me, instead just stalking in a straight line real slow. The only way I could get it out of the glitch was if I ran away (I don't think this worked most times) or saved and came back. I remember this occurring in Amethyst Mountain, it may have happened in Slough Creek but I don't remember well.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:04 pm

wolfstorm13 wrote:The most annoying glitchs that I get is that the pups would freeze or skate while walking or playing.
They would do that sometimes, and then snap out of it and walk normally? Or once they start doing that, they never resume normal movement?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

pickledham
Pup
Pup

Post by pickledham » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:20 pm

In my experience they don't stop until the next mission. :/ I think howling sometimes snaps them out of it.

angtino
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by angtino » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Once when I was playing in Slough Creek and I was first marking my territory, a stranger wolf had confronted me. As it was zooming in on the confrontation, it zoomed in too far, the stranger wolf disappeared, and I was free to move except my camera was stuck until I finished marking my territory (by relying on the mini-map). Afterwards, it resumed to the normal camera angles after my pups had first been born. I believed this had happened twice before.

Thank you!

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:09 pm

Sometimes, when I use the Bison Peak Den, after crossing the creek completely, one of my pups would freeze, and I mean as in, if I howl, that pup will be the only pup that doesn't howl, if I try to pick it up I can't and the mate wolf can't either, the pup just stands there and wags it's tail. This glitch hasn't happened to me in a while, but recently it did, and when we almost made it to the Rendezvous Den Site, the pup randomly got to us and was acting normal. It was a very weird glitch. It may be caused by the water, and if so, then I'm glad you guys are overhauling the water completely from the game.

Demita
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Demita » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:25 pm

This may be a late entry, but I can not see how no one has commented on the blue haze that washes over, and mirrors everything on the ground on the screen while the weather would be going on. (That may fall under the water thing, I'm not certain.) Sometimes, even with the option for the weather unchecked, the blue haze would still come up at times, especially in multiplayer.

Another one would be elk "poofing" out of existence while you were hunting them. Say they were faster than you and you ran them out of the hunting territory-- I notice this especially in Amethyst Mountain-- they would run into oblivion and disappear, there goes your meal while you begin limping back into the hunting territory to look for a carcass, if you're lucky.

FoxyWolfy
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by FoxyWolfy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:24 pm

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but sometimes in MP (don't know if it happens in single player) my screen discolors into rainbow pixels. I can still move and play as normal, but my wolf and the landscape is multicolored. Sometimes it goes away after a couple of minutes, and sometimes it doesn't. I just thought that I'd mention it here to see if the problem can be fixed for the new tablet version.

lorzo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by lorzo » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:50 am

I had a glitch in my game where I'd be wandering about the map then my wolf would change to the stalking stance and continue on at a crawl. I would have to hit lots of buttons to break out of it. It's not a major issue but it did start to get irritating

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:54 pm

Ok, so here are a few.

1. Mud colored pup except Albino and "zombie", 'nuff said.

2. In AM, mostly in Druid territory the markings mislead you, like will-o-the-wisps, and they suddenly poof.

3. The turning glitch, your stuck in a turning loop.

4. The cliff jumping glitch, it suspends you in air.

5. Please don't fix the zombie pup.

6. The "selfish mate" glitch, when your mate kills a hare only he/she can eat it, not yourself.

Please fix all but 5, looking forward to WQ for Ipad and possibly a Wolfquest Kickstarter.

- Dusk

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”