WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Re: WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:26 pm

I'll be playing multiplayer, and when me or my fellow packmates go into the river, we get stuck and sink down. Also, my mate teleports to me when I go to the cattle ranch, he tries to cross the river, but gets stuck on a certain part you can't scale.

MustangWolfWarrior
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by MustangWolfWarrior » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:39 pm

• Not being able to save your game after being killed in Amethyst Mountain.
• The mate dropping pups in the rivers.
• The "floating" glitch I come across when in certain areas of Slough Creek.
• The mate running in circles.
• Walking underneath the rivers.

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:34 am

Also, there is something with the water. When I'm in some parts it will flash the non-fancy version of the water like it is spazzing out.

Weylenn
Pup
Pup

The jump.

Post by Weylenn » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:11 am

Not necessarily a glitch, but I find that when the wolf jumps, it feels incredibly clunky. I feel like it should contain more fluidity? More "forward push", almost? I hope this makes sense.

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Thu May 07, 2015 11:16 am

Neamara wrote:The scent vision identifier interface hasn't been displaying information on the scent trail you're following with some animals (how fresh/stale the scent is and the gender of the animal) for some time. This was apparent in stranger wolf territory with the wolf's territory markers, with the elk trail leading you to the herd, Grizzly bears and hares. Coyotes' trails seemed to be working correctly.

Screenshots:

These were taken during Amethyst Mountain in version 2.5.1. Can't verify whether the same is true for Slough Creek.

Currently cleaning up the WQ Wikia articles and I don't believe has been reported here yet.
  • Edit

People have been submitting bugs/glitches on this article- http://wolfquest.wikia.com/wiki/Bugs_and_Glitches if that's of any help.
For me the scent interface works until I load another game or start over. The interface will identify scent trails such as "Male Coyote 2 minutes ago" just fine as long as I don't start up another game. Also the bears have been known to run around in circles around an elk carcass or your den when you are chasing them.

bonnie bunny
Pup
Pup
Name: Star

Post by bonnie bunny » Thu May 07, 2015 2:33 pm

i dont like the glitch where you cant bite anything and ive figured out it occurs if you spam the bite button and move alot so be careful when trying to drive off coyotes because this is what can cause it it needs to be fixed

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Sat May 16, 2015 3:33 pm

The bugs that i've found (sorry if it's doubled)

*Multiplayer: When you're killed,you try to sleep,the camera shows the dead sprite,not your actual *alive* wolf.
*Your male sometimes doesn't wanna eat,even if he's hungry and after a hunt (?)
*The bird (last journey mission) is sometimes gliched: when you (sometimes) get close to him,he runs away BUT doesn't disappear,which makes me think that the danger's gone,but it isn't.Also,sometimes it's flying too slow to reach my pup,so it takes forever.
* When you start the "mark your territory" mission,you try to Mark the territory,and then a stranger appears,making you glitched,you must leave the game without saving to continue....(the screen is not letting you click anything)
*You can never meet the stranger which left the scent on somebody else's territory (when you must choose a den).His sprite is after the boundary of map,so you can't confront him. (i dunno if it's a glitch or done or purpose xD)
*There is a rock,near the burnt tree on the very start of the AM map,which spawns coyotes when you get near.Also,there is a flower which does the same with hares.*it's near the burnt tree and water*
*Few carcasses on exactly same place,which makes them looking two headed XD

I think that's all i remember,sorry for any doubles etc.

fruit
Pup
Pup

Post by fruit » Tue May 19, 2015 4:55 am

I don't know if this is a glitch or just the mate's AI but my friend was skyping me and she just got a mate but her mate saw a bear and ran over to it and made the bear kill her in Amythest Mountain which made her start over again. It's definitely annoying to lose all of your progress of interacting with a wolf in each territory. And I'm pretty sure the not being able to save in Amythest Mountain when you die bit is a bug.

Another one is one that usually occurs in multiplayer. This may be a water bug because sometimes it happens in water but sometimes on land: The game freezes and I still see my nametag, and this is worse with being able to see another player's nametag, and the nametag starts duplicating and making them pop up all over the screen. This is annoying when I'm running the world, which I always am because for some reason I can't join them, because I have to quit out of it and all of the other players get kicked off.

I have like a lot on water but I won't mention them. But sometimes even when your on land you get that flying thingy. This usually happens on hills or when you walk down them, it's like the game doesn't think it's a slope its just straight.

Well that's all for now!

Spookykitty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Spookykitty » Wed May 20, 2015 11:23 pm

I'd like the glitches regarding East Creek to be fixed (since it's awesome, although I haven't tried it), fixing freezing puppies when they get stuck in a howl. Also, I found a glitch that when you are caught in Bison Peak's stranger wolf territory, and you try to click "I should leave", your cursor constantly jumps up, thereby eliminating the ability to exit that popup and requiring a forcequit of WolfQuest.

Whitetigress55
Pup
Pup

Post by Whitetigress55 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:20 am

So this is kind of late but sometimes in Amethyst mountain when you run up to get a mate (or talk to any wolf) You run straight past them, and it's impossible to stop yourself from running other than to turn off the pc. I don't experience this much, but it can be really annoying.

max_wolf88
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Mary

Post by max_wolf88 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:00 am

i think it will be interesting to add wind in game, and make it more colorfur(add more green grass) and plz add shadows. add grass swaying in the wind.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:29 am

max_wolf88 wrote:i think it will be interesting to add wind in game, and make it more colorfur(add more green grass) and plz add shadows. add grass swaying in the wind.
Regarding the possibility of shadows in the tablet version:
loboLoco wrote:@Neamara: I may have cheated by including the shadow. The latest tablets may be powerful enough for shadows, but I haven't tested that yet. If so, I'll enable shadows in the highest quality setting, so you can try it and see if it crashes your device. In most cases, it probably will.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... s#p2344587

The original WolfQuest game used to have shadows until the release of 2.5., as they caused issues given the new lighting and weather effects during beta testing.
Koa wrote:
breannakristine wrote:Love it! It runs so much better and faster on this new computer I bought to play The Sims 3 lol. My only question is... are there still shadows or did you guys take those out because I don't have any, even when I have the graphics set to Fantastic....
The shadows caused overexposure issues; hence why they are not around.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... s#p1946842

The only presence that wind seems to have in the new version is the effect it has on scent. It does not appear that there will be any signs of it in the way of graphics (and that may not be feasible on tablets, but I wouldn't know).
loboLoco wrote:Elk Hunting:
  • Elk and wolf scent is affected by wind direction, so players must pay attention to wind to find scent trails and to approach elk from downwind.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=75088

Whitetigress55
Pup
Pup

Post by Whitetigress55 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:38 pm

wolfstorm13 wrote:The most annoying glitchs that I get is that the pups would freeze or skate while walking or playing.

I totally agree. In my opinion, this is the most annoying glitch, because when this happens, you/your mate can't pick up/feed your pups and you can't do anything when they are being stalked by a predator.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:30 pm

Koa wrote:The only presence that wind seems to have in the new version is the effect it has on scent. It does not appear that there will be any signs of it in the way of graphics (and that may not be feasible on tablets, but I wouldn't know).
Wind direction is indicated on the compass -- and by which way the leaves blow past you :)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:31 pm

Whitetigress55 wrote:
wolfstorm13 wrote:The most annoying glitchs that I get is that the pups would freeze or skate while walking or playing.

I totally agree. In my opinion, this is the most annoying glitch, because when this happens, you/your mate can't pick up/feed your pups and you can't do anything when they are being stalked by a predator.
All that is completely reworked in the new version. I won't promise that it'll never happen, but it's not a problem anymore.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”