WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Post by Neamara » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:17 pm

As stated in the first post, all current water-related glitches will be resolved in 2.7. ;)
loboLoco wrote:NOTE: we are going to overhaul the water entirely. It has a number of problems (can't get out of the creek, sometimes get stuck or "swim" in air on ground nearby water). So no need to mention that.

Omega71aj
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Omega71aj » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:17 pm

if you could try to patch the following glitches:
1. you start the game and you cannot walk forward.
2. you get killed by a stranger wolf, and the camera stays in the encounter position. the next wolf you encounter is a mirror of you. you cannot interact with it. where you died, the body of you is there. you cannot go into scent view.
3. parts of the river in slough creek are invisible sometimes.
4. ( Multiplayer, Snow pack slough creek) Getting stuck under the world when you enter the river.
5. Your pups or your mate Glitching around the map.
6. Your pup randomly Dying in your mouth when another pup dies.

Thank you, I can't wait for this amazing update! :mrgreen:

7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Elliott

Post by 7KodaWolf7 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:30 pm

Once I complete the second episode and try to go back to start a new one in Amethyst Mountain, I can't really turn well, and the controls are generally messed up at that time.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:01 pm

When in MP today, I first made an MP game with the chat set to disabled in Amethyst Mountain, then I did it again after no one was joining, and then I decided to change it to lexicon chat, but then the chatbox didn't appear, this has happened before, but only in Amethyst Mountain...

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:09 pm

Ah, that glitch. I had it happen many times when I hosted disabled chat games then I'd go ahead and go join Phrased chat games and no chat box. Possibly something wrong with coding or game mistaking the disabled chat once you've played it.

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:19 pm

wolfgirl456 wrote:For the love of Bora Bora please fix the sanic fast bears. In other words, when you try to chase off a bear from your den, they run faster than you and it's nearly impossible to successfully chase them off unless they hit a collision. I'm sure that realistically, wolves can sprint faster and longer than bears. This may be my fault of playing as a supposedly slow wolf, but I think bears shouldn't run fast as an Arabian horse over a period of forever.

There's another problem when you load a saved game from Slough Creek, the bar that resembles how secure your territory is by scent marking always goes down to zero, even if you previously had it full. Idk if the game is just corrupted on my computer but this is a very irritating glitch.

The pups start to beg for food even when their hunger is down by 1%. This may make their weight grow faster but it's not really realistic, it puts extra food to waste, and it's over-the-top frustrating. I believe they should start begging for food when they're hunger is around 50%.

The automatic turning when you are close to a object that allows an action (carcasses, feeding pups, etc) should be removed because it causes more disturbance other than helping you. This may not be a glitch, but it acts like it and I think it should be mentioned.

I'm sorry if I sounds aggressive. I'm just mentioning possible glitches that affect me the most.
I must say the bear speed is very flustering and unrealistic. I usually end up losing the bear or giving up, but he never leaves so I am paranoid he will come back and kill my pups (which he does.) Bears don't actually run that fast for such a long time, they are fast and have decent stamina but I think they can stand to lose the cheetah speed.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:39 pm

Rest assured that Grizzlies will no longer possess their 2.5.1 'Sanic' powers. They will at last be returning to a more tolerable state... I think old Bob finally got the party out of his system after four years. :P

xLizx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Ladonna

Post by xLizx » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:40 pm

I am so very elated that the "swimming in mid air" thing is going to be fixed ^^' That was the biggest problem for me. I was playing WQ last night, as a matter of fact, and I couldn't even make it past the first mission because of this ( ._.)

Another huge issue I have is when chasing off birds or bears or coyotes and I have a pup in my mouth. They often take off with the pup in my wolf's mouth once I reach them... Not sure if this is intended or not, but it's quite bothersome...
A coyote could be literally inches from my pups and I could have a pup in my mouth, but I have to let the "putting pup down" animation play so I can take off after the coyote. Sometimes resorting to either option ends up subtracting a pup from me either way... I hope this is clear enough and not too whiney ^^'

One more problem is the amount of difficulty I have maneuvering around my pups and trying to chase off predators. My wolf likes to swerve everywhere except where the predator is... So perhaps that could be cleaned up a tiny bit...

And allow me to say thank you so much for paying mind to the amount of predators that like to swarm you towards the summer den ;w; Big bugger.

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Neamara wrote:Rest assured that Grizzlies will no longer possess their 2.5.1 'Sanic' powers. They will at last be returning to a more tolerable state... I think old Bob finally got the party out of his system after four years. :P
:D I would think he would get tired out hahahaha.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:41 pm

xLizx wrote:I am so very elated that the "swimming in mid air" thing is going to be fixed ^^' That was the biggest problem for me. I was playing WQ last night, as a matter of fact, and I couldn't even make it past the first mission because of this ( ._.)

Another huge issue I have is when chasing off birds or bears or coyotes and I have a pup in my mouth. They often take off with the pup in my wolf's mouth once I reach them... Not sure if this is intended or not, but it's quite bothersome...
A coyote could be literally inches from my pups and I could have a pup in my mouth, but I have to let the "putting pup down" animation play so I can take off after the coyote. Sometimes resorting to either option ends up subtracting a pup from me either way... I hope this is clear enough and not too whiney ^^'

One more problem is the amount of difficulty I have maneuvering around my pups and trying to chase off predators. My wolf likes to swerve everywhere except where the predator is... So perhaps that could be cleaned up a tiny bit...

And allow me to say thank you so much for paying mind to the amount of predators that like to swarm you towards the summer den ;w; Big bugger.
They have fixed a lot of bugs in the game so far so those will probably be fixed but probably not the copious amounts of predators as they are trying to portray actual pup survival rate with 'first time wolf parents' and a lot of it even isnt that, its also pure chance of the happenings of life. but there will be levels in the upcoming game so it may be easier on certain levels but you will have to hunt more as there will be far fewer carcasses

Misaki Chan
Pup
Pup
Name: Harley

Post by Misaki Chan » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:29 am

The only bug that I've experienced (and needs to be fixed) is when you and your mate successfully complete a hunt, but your mate refuses to eat (even when close to death) and instead zones out by walking in a straight line and basically resetting itself. It will still hunt hares but will, again, refuse to eat unless you save and re-load.
It seems to be the most persistent bug that I've run into in my entire time playing WolfQuest.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:50 am

Misaki Chan wrote:The only bug that I've experienced (and needs to be fixed) is when you and your mate successfully complete a hunt, but your mate refuses to eat (even when close to death) and instead zones out by walking in a straight line and basically resetting itself. It will still hunt hares but will, again, refuse to eat unless you save and re-load.
It seems to be the most persistent bug that I've run into in my entire time playing WolfQuest.

Agreed, this is by far the most common bug I run into and it's very irritating. Though seeing as it seems to be a rather persistent one I'm assuming it'll be fixed.

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:52 am

roguemoon wrote:
Misaki Chan wrote:The only bug that I've experienced (and needs to be fixed) is when you and your mate successfully complete a hunt, but your mate refuses to eat (even when close to death) and instead zones out by walking in a straight line and basically resetting itself. It will still hunt hares but will, again, refuse to eat unless you save and re-load.

Agreed, this is by far the most common bug I run into and it's very irritating. Though seeing as it seems to be a rather persistent one I'm assuming it'll be fixed.
Definitely fixed. The mate's eating AI is much better; probably the biggest AI fix for it.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:46 am

Lobo Laughing wrote:
roguemoon wrote:

Definitely fixed. The mate's eating AI is much better; probably the biggest AI fix for it.

Woohoo! Good to hear that. I'm stoked to see how smoothly the new version is without the bugs.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:06 pm

Going to lock this thread now so it is not mistaken as a reporting thread for the new version. If you'd like to submit a bug report, please follow the instructions here:
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29539
NOTE: Instructions may be dated and are subject to updates. If you are having immediate trouble and would like an answer, please post in Tips, Hints, and Help. Depending on the situation and the version of the game you are now using, you may be asked to report the bug, and then directed to 2.7 Demo Discussion or What bugs did you find?.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”