WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Archived news, updates and announcements.
amethystrose
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Hypnotic

Re: WQ: Tablet Version: What bugs need fixing?

Post by amethystrose » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:53 am

I can't think of any more glitches since everyone said the ones that I have actually seen. I don't want to repeat anyone's suggestions and ideas and such.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:24 am

The scent vision identifier interface hasn't been displaying information on the scent trail you're following with some animals (how fresh/stale the scent is and the gender of the animal) for some time. This was apparent in stranger wolf territory with the wolf's territory markers, with the elk trail leading you to the herd, Grizzly bears and hares. Coyotes' trails seemed to be working correctly.

Screenshots:

These were taken during Amethyst Mountain in version 2.5.1. Can't verify whether the same is true for Slough Creek.

Currently cleaning up the WQ Wikia articles and I don't believe has been reported here yet.
  • Edit

People have been submitting bugs/glitches on this article- http://wolfquest.wikia.com/wiki/Bugs_and_Glitches if that's of any help.

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:59 pm

I always wondered why some of the scents did not work, im so glad they are getting fixed in the tablet version! :D I can now know if im killing a female hare or a male (that is kind of creepy)

here is a nonsense glitch or AI problem I run into mostly:
remember when you are on the final quest you cannot go into wolf territories and if you do you would get chased out? apparently my mate always goes through there after a hunt like nothing is there. could you probably fix that to make it more realistic? like the mate will go around the territory instead of saying "OOO A PATH IM GOING THIS WAY!" and runs through a wolf territory? if you can't do that that is ok C:

also I ran into a glitch that is really annoying, when the eagle comes it takes like TEN MINUTES for it to come down sometimes, I do find it useful but annoying because it takes a lot of time to do that and I don't even think that is supposed to happen. it is so annoying...

well that is the glitches I could think of for you guys/girls to fix in the tablet version (if you can)

Komoria
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Komoria » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:13 pm

I am so excited for this! But, I think a glitch, if it hasn't been mentioned, is when you kill an elk, another carcass usually pops up solely a few feet away, which makes the whole hunt seem kind of useless. If this could be fixed that would add a lot more realism! Also, even though this is more of a suggestion, but perhaps when the wolf is lying down we do not have to have a fixed view and can instead rotate the camera more freely? It is not a necessity, of course, but it would be nice so we can still see what other players are doing. Though if you go to sleep (Pressing Z on the computer) It could keep the original side view for animation & simplicity purposes. c:

Sorry, you can ignore the suggestion if you like >.<

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:31 pm

Played a bit of WQ today for the first time in forever and came across this: during Slough Creek, after all of your pups have died and you are presented with the reload game or restart with pups interface, click load game followed by cancel. The game again presents the option of either reloading or starting over with pups. Click reload again and cancel -- you're able to play without any pups and the prompt doesn't reappear. The mate will also "break"; they will continue to hunt/scavenge (stopping and returning home if you leave the vicinity of the den), seek and continue caring for the pups.

A bit more detail into the default pelt pup glitch; unless you've met the experience points for the first pup to be born pure white, all four pups are born with this pelt: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2014 ... wngrey.png
The problem can be resolved by having all of your pups die then restarting with pups which applies the correct inherited (and ancestral) pelt colours.
  • Edit
Didn't see this one mentioned, but apologies in advance if it was- during Amethyst Mountain, the wolf territory at Soda Butte Vista has a chance of the stranger wolf spawning outside of the world boundary; you can sometimes see it though it's impossible to interact with. It seems to loop its running animation on-the-spot.
Last edited by Neamara on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Oh, and then there is the stranger wolf trapped behind the border and unacessable, caught in a running. animation and the fact that even though you choose female dispersal females are the only ones you can mate with o.o

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:08 pm

nightangelwolf wrote:Played a bit of WQ today for the first time in forever and came across this: during Slough Creek, after all of your pups have died and you are presented with the reload game or restart with pups interface, click load game followed by cancel. The game again presents the option of either reloading or starting over with pups. Click reload again and cancel -- you're able to play without any pups and the prompt doesn't reappear. The mate will also "break"; they will continue to hunt/scavenge (stopping and returning home if you leave the vicinity of the den), seek and continue caring for the pups.

A bit more detail into the default pelt pup glitch; unless you've met the experience points for the first pup to be born pure white, all four pups are born with this pelt: http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2014 ... wngrey.png
The problem can be resolved by having all of your pups die then restarting with pups which applies the correct inherited (and ancestral) pelt colours.
(Like you mean the trick you could do by killing your pups and making them the colors of you and your mate? im obviously confused XD)

I also know of a glitch in multiplayer that sometimes coyotes run in place looking like they are having a spazz attack and it makes me go like "what the heck? O_O" if that has not already been talked about on this post already I am happy to edit this ^^

hmm what is another glitch I get....... Oh! I know! sometimes in multiplayer the bull elk in Saddle Meadows will poof when you get it to half or low health, I only ecountered this in the saddle meadows hunting grounds, aspen heights and bison peak seem to be fine.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:36 pm

I've seen reports that the pup fur colors are broken in SC. The game uses an actual genetics algorithm to choose the color for each pup, based on the parents' colors, and dominant/recessive genes. Could someone explain how it's working now, and what's broken? As much detail and examples as you can recall.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:54 pm

As soon as they're born in the third mission, all four pups will take on that "default" grey-brown coat colour unless your experience points meet the criteria for your first pup to be pure white, which appears to override without any problems. The genetics algorithm seems to be skipping the pups' first spawn. After your pups have died and the option to restart with pups is selected, they'll all respawn with the correct ancestral/inherited pelt colouration.

I know next to nothing about Unity scripting/triggers, so I am guessing it's either a) a memory issue, or b) a broken, conflicting or erroneous script. Other than that, I'm not really sure what to suggest. I do remember puppy pelts being assigned correctly in previous versions up until at least 2.5.

Necros
Pup
Pup

Post by Necros » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:29 pm

@loboLoco will the glitched unlockable den be fixed in the next update?

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:38 pm

Not sure if these have been suggested, but in my most recent play-through of WQ, I encountered the following glitches that were absolutely infuriating:

The puppy weight stays stuck (on the grow your pups mission) - I discovered this can be fixed when you save, exit the game, and then reload (after at least an hour of constantly feeding them). But it is very annoying to save-exit-reload multiple times.

During the journey mission: your mate either doesn't help at all (doesn't carry pups, and goes off to do something else, like hunting even when the pups are full), is counterproductive (mate carries pups back to the den), or if required to save, exit, and reload during the journey mission will seem to run off and indefinitely hunt (thereby making it a game-breaking glitch, as you cannot complete the game until your entire pack is in the correct area). In my most recent playthrough, I have managed to finish the game by 'blocking' the mate's path (he seemed to always want to go in the direction of the cattle range) and pushing him towards the star marker. I would sometimes have to howl to get him to stop (if he got away), so I could line up and continue to push him. Thankfully we were very close to the end at that point, so I didn't have to push him too far, but that glitch is definitely a game breaker.

I have videos of these glitches, and if needed, I can upload them. I could also provide my logs as well.

Scarlet Kilometers
Pup
Pup

Post by Scarlet Kilometers » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:34 pm

One big issue I've had is with my mate getting stuck and refusing to move after dying then re-spawning. The specific circumstances usually involve me dying at the same time as them re-spawning. I've also had problems with mates not eating when their health is low, and accompanying text not appearing in Scent-Vision [female elk, 2 minutes ago], though the last one is more of a time-waster than anything else.

Not entirely sure whether this is technically a bug or not, but there's also one tic in the camera control that I find absolutely infuriating: The game's tenancy to jerk the camera (and your wolf) towards the various whatsits in your field of vision that it's possible to interact with. Hares, carcasses, elk, pups, coyotes, pretty much everything that isn't your mate or a bear, the game will attempt to steer you towards them and most likely away from wherever you're actually trying to go. I've actually lost pups because the game kept steering me towards the rest of my litter and away from whatever was threatening them at the time, thoroughly disorienting me in the process.

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:05 pm

Scarlet Kilometers wrote:One big issue I've had is with my mate getting stuck and refusing to move after dying then re-spawning. The specific circumstances usually involve me dying at the same time as them re-spawning. I've also had problems with mates not eating when their health is low, and accompanying text not appearing in Scent-Vision [female elk, 2 minutes ago], though the last one is more of a time-waster than anything else.

Not entirely sure whether this is technically a bug or not, but there's also one tic in the camera control that I find absolutely infuriating: The game's tenancy to jerk the camera (and your wolf) towards the various whatsits in your field of vision that it's possible to interact with. Hares, carcasses, elk, pups, coyotes, pretty much everything that isn't your mate or a bear, the game will attempt to steer you towards them and most likely away from wherever you're actually trying to go. I've actually lost pups because the game kept steering me towards the rest of my litter and away from whatever was threatening them at the time, thoroughly disorienting me in the process.
I have had some of they same issues when I played the game, especially the last one. hope they are fixed in the tablet version.

Coconuts
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Coconuts » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:30 am

Sometimes the elk herd would just run in midair they wouldn't go anywhere if I try to attack them it would kill me in multiplayer

eevee1999
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by eevee1999 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:59 pm

When i die in single player it glitches so that when i spawn my view is in the air... i don't know if it is just me or not

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”