WolfQuest for iPad?

Archived news, updates and announcements.

Would you buy WolfQuest as an iPad app?

Yes!
47%
Maybe, if it had a lot of improvements and new stuff
16%
No, only because I don't have an iPad
14%
No, but I'd definitely buy it for Android or Kindle tablet
15%
No, but I might buy it for Android or Kindle tablet
6%
Nope. Been there, done that.
3%

Total votes: 421

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: WolfQuest for iPad?

Post by Rustic » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:50 am

I would love a wolfquest app...for Ipad...but am not on the family's Ipad much :(
It would be REALLY great if it was also available for Iphone as I use that MUCH more...and I wouldn't mind the smaller screen etc. and would even pay $5 for it!! I love wolfquest :D

Edme1
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Edme1 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:12 pm

I would definitely buy a WQ app. Playing with touch-screen would be an interesting experience.

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:18 am

What if it was available for both iPad, iPhone, etc.? Is that possible?

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:30 pm

This is a fantastic idea. I feel as though many people, of every age and audience, are using more and more of these app provided games on their tablets and phones; even more-so than computer games! I don't think interest would be a problem. Most of the WolfQuest audience would surely be interested and other users around the world may find it tempting to try a new app revolving around animals. (There aren't many realistic ones out there for wolf lovers). I personally don't have Ipad products, but I would be interested in having it available for download on Android devices!

If I was concerned of anything, it would be of users unwilling to purchase the app for the requested price. Though keeping in mind, this doesnt compare to some of money scandals people are drawn into with other purchasable apps. The price would be worth it for some.

Thanks for the interesting news!

Wolfnyac
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wolfnyac » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:43 am

i would love to have wolf quest for the iPad but it would also be cool if they added more to the game

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:08 am

Well...while I would love it if they had more to it (and it's a possibility for a paid version) but in all honestly I would pay the $5 just to have what the game currently is NOW. Afterall, then this money would go towards the future of wolfquest and many more updates to the game. So in other words I would rather pay now, and wait for more content later.

I also think it would be perfectly doable for iphone as well as ipad...afterall there currently IS a wolf game that works on both devices but it is a VERY inferior game to wolfquest. You can't really do anything in it. I was head over heels when I found this thread regarding a wolfquest app. Please...please make it happen and please, please alo make it available for the iphone. I know other users besides myself would also enjoy playing on it and wouldn't mind the smaller screen. And afterall if it works for both it would be at the option/discretion of the purchaser if the want to use it on both devides or not.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:56 pm

it is, but it would require more work if you want it avaliable for both iPad and iPhone. Because the resolution on an iPhone is so much smaller than an iPad's, it would be such horrible quality if they used the same game for both.

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:00 pm

river6 wrote:it is, but it would require more work if you want it avaliable for both iPad and iPhone. Because the resolution on an iPhone is so much smaller than an iPad's, it would be such horrible quality if they used the same game for both.

but maybe if they had it on both then it would be easier to gain funding if they ended up using the money from the app for the lexicon and such instead of expanding the app.

EDIT: then again better quality games are probably more likely to get purchased. so i could see it working either way.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:34 pm

?
Did I say they wouldn't have it for both? I said it would be harder to get both. Take Angry Birds for instance. They have an app for the iPhone, and one for the iPad because the quality on the iPad would be so bad if it was expanded to fit the screen.

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:52 am

river6 wrote:?
Did I say they wouldn't have it for both? I said it would be harder to get both. Take Angry Birds for instance. They have an app for the iPhone, and one for the iPad because the quality on the iPad would be so bad if it was expanded to fit the screen.

i don't see why they couldn't do the same thing with wolfquest then

Angelion Blackfire
Name: V.

Post by Angelion Blackfire » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:30 am

Hah, I was looking for "wolf games" yesterday... ^^ I won't be getting my hopes high, but you have my support... c:

Kouga
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Kouga » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:20 am

:/ Forgive me if I'm rude now.. but.. are you insane? Somewhat? WolfQuest as it is, is buggy to no end. It still feels like something important is missing. The windows version still crashes every now and then for unknown reasons. There's a lot of polishment to do.

And yet it is about to be sold? What is this current trend with every developer starting to sell not quite done products?

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:47 am

Kouga wrote::/ Forgive me if I'm rude now.. but.. are you insane? Somewhat? WolfQuest as it is, is buggy to no end. It still feels like something important is missing. The windows version still crashes every now and then for unknown reasons. There's a lot of polishment to do.

And yet it is about to be sold? What is this current trend with every developer starting to sell not quite done products?

If they could use the money from the app for funding for the lexicon, etc. I don't think it would matter if WQ had glitches. And you can still avoid most glitches if you're really careful.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:50 am

Considering one of the poll options is, "Maybe, if it had a lot of improvements and new stuff," I'm not sure if this would be a direct port of the PC game. They might fix some glitches and/or add new things to the iPad game instead of just taking what we already have and throwing it on the iPad. Keep in mind that we don't really have any information other than that the team is considering making it, so we don't know exactly how they'd be going about it if they made the app.

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:03 pm

but maybe if they had it on both then it would be easier to gain funding if they ended up using the money from the app for the lexicon and such instead of expanding the app.
My thoughts exactly...the more widely available it is, the more money it has the possibility of making. Some people have both but some have only an ipad or only an iphone. And purchasing it DOES come down to a matter of choice...myself I would gladly pay the $5 for such an app IF it was also available on the iphone.
:/ Forgive me if I'm rude now.. but.. are you insane? Somewhat? WolfQuest as it is, is buggy to no end. It still feels like something important is missing. The windows version still crashes every now and then for unknown reasons. There's a lot of polishment to do.

Nope...not insane but I LOVE wolfquest...and if we were talking about anything else then no I probably wouldn't pay $5, and in general I usually only get free or .99 games. But for wolfquest I would gladly pay $5 now for the game AS IS (the way it currently has been playing on the pc) if this would help with future funding and future updates for the game.

Yes...wolfquest has bugs...and went through long periods of no updates...but I think they did a terrific job with great graphics and game mechanics and all for FREE!! Just imagine what wolfquest could be if you had to pay for it....and they brought in more money they what they were receiving throuugh donations...so yes...I would gladly pay for this.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”