WolfQuest Update

Archived news, updates and announcements.
[A]lpha
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: WolfQuest Update

Post by [A]lpha » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:01 pm

So it is 2014 right now, I experienced a down in the game a few months ago and came back to find some different noises to when we rally and stuff like that. Is that the start of new game changes? Also, are you sure there isn't gonna be an episode 3? I have heard A LOT of debate. If there is gonna be a episode three, a few game changes should take place.

SINGLE PLAYER and MULTIPLAYER IDEAS!

When you take the pups to the summer den area, you should turn into one of the pups, and be in the pack still until they are old enough to become a dispersal wolf.

The pup that became dispersal and had a mate and pups should be able to choose to join her previous pack and end the game or keep the generations going.

There should be no end to the game.

More prey! Moose, buffalo, different color rabbits, and baby animals in the herd of buffalo and moose.

More secrets to the game!

Pups should be different sizes. Such as, one pup will be the big strong pup, while there is a runt.

Pups should be different colors the first time they are born they are all brown when you first get them.

Be able to have a larger den and go inside it!

More undergrowth.

MULTIPLAYER IDEAS

Pick how old and how big you are, like being a pup or an elder.

If you are the alpha/host they should have more controls I will explain.

The host/alpha should be able to assign people to ranks in the pack such as Alpha or beta.

Ranks should include; Alpha, Alpha female, beta, sentinel/delta, elders, assassin, Lead warrior, warriors, Lead hunter, hunters, Lead scout, Scouts, Subordinates (non-ranked wolves but participate in hunting), Pup watchers/omega, pups, alpha pups.

Packs can be really big, I understand there might be lag but at least include 17 wolves to be in the pack.

If you have foes/enemies you should be able to fight them.

There should be a place for teens and adults who play the game because I have experienced some very...uh...potty mouth teens and children. PG-13 area to be exact.

We should be able to pick male or female wolf.

Our names, usernames, gender and rank should be shown in a tag Ex.
Testing
Blah
Female
Alpha

Bios! We should have bios explaining what our character is like.

A meeting rock for the alpha to sit on with a spot for him/her and his/her mate and pups.

All of this would probably be appreciated in the game but I understand if all of this will create problems and lag for people.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Unfortunately no, there are no plans or funding for a third episode.
WQ Coordinator wrote:WolfQuest Games: the current version of WolfQuest (Survival of the Pack) will be available for download and gameplay for as long as we can afford the server. We will eventually remove the multiplayer lexicon so only phrased chat and no chat options are available, but we hope this phase won’t take place for many months to come. There are no plans (or funding) to make a WolfQuest Episode 3.

Eduweb is making progress towards a tablet version which they are funding from their own pocket. It won't feature a new episode, but Dave (loboLoco) has confirmed that there are plans to implement new features and fix existing bugs. Due to the funding situation, the computer versions may or may not be updated as specified in Dave's update topic: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75014.

You're welcome to suggest bug fixes for the tablet version here-

...and suggestions for new features to customize your wolf avatar (again, for the tablet version only) here-

Keep an eye on the WolfQuest News and Announcements forum; if the team is looking for further input, Dave will likely post here. ;)

DudeILikeUnicorns
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DudeILikeUnicorns » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:35 pm

WHAT! NO LEXICON CHAT! WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY!? I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU IF YOU DO NOT KEEP LEXICON CHAT! MAKE A EPISODE 3 TOO I WANT GROWN UP PUPS! why cant i say feralheart in wolfquest its a game are you rivals with it? whatever> keep lexicon chat plz
  • Edit
im so sad too see this please if you cant find money its ok i hope you find money soon shut wolfquest down if you dont find money i had the best years of my life all thanks to you wolfquest moderators i have the game minecraft and animal jam my grandma blocked me from animal jam for a year but i have minecraft i love you wolfquest moderators. wait i have a idea why dont you make it cost money to download wolfquest long enough too get enough money too keep wolfquest open if you cant do that well i feel bad for you.
Last edited by Neamara on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added information from multiple posts. In the future, please edit your previous post to add any additional information. Thank you!

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:31 pm

There's no need for that, DudeILikeUnicorns. :/
No, WolfQuest and FeralHeart belong to two completely different developers. There is no quarrel between either team; the decision was made due to the fact that WolfQuest wouldn't always have funding available.

Phrased chat was introduced as an alternative chat option and a replacement if ever there came a point where funding ran out. As this has happened, the days of lexicon chat are numbered -- we just don't know when exactly it will be shut off. So, enjoy it while it lasts.
WQ Coordinator wrote:While there has been much discussion about removing the chat lexicon in favor of a ‘phrased chat’ (with the chat created by selecting from a list of pre-determined phrases), we hope the inappropriate language and behavior will diminish enough so we won’t have to do this anytime soon. We do know, however, that if WolfQuest runs out of funding, we will either have to turn off the chat altogether or definitely implement a phrased chat system (which is the choice we’re hoping for). But we’re hoping that won’t be anytime in the near future.

Source: Will WolfQuest ever take away the chat lexicon?

If you have any serious funding suggestions, please forward them to Eduweb. http://eduweb.com/contact.html

The game will remain available for download and the website will remain online to provide the game. It's still not clear on whether or not the community forum will be locked down as part of phase 2 though, as of Dave's update.

WolfQuest has been provided as a free game due to it being funded from National Science Foundation Grants, revenue earned from Ads on-site, store merchandise profits and donation money in the past. Because the tablet version is being funded out of Eduweb's own pocket, the app will cost $5 or less. Whether that gain determines a future for the project is for time and interest to decide. As stated in my previous post, there are no plans or funding to support a third episode; the team is currently working on a tablet version for iPad, Android and Kindle.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:44 pm

DudeILikeUnicorns wrote:WHAT! NO LEXICON CHAT! WHAT ARE YOU CRAZY!? I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU IF YOU DO NOT KEEP LEXICON CHAT! MAKE A EPISODE 3 TOO I WANT GROWN UP PUPS! why cant i say feralheart in wolfquest its a game are you rivals with it? whatever> keep lexicon chat plz
woah, man, calm down. Its just a game.

DreamerDay

Post by DreamerDay » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:10 am

If WQ Coordinator isn't apart of WQ anymore, whose the current administrator?

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:25 am

Rikkuzilla is current admin.
However, Loboloco is doing more work and is currently in the admin group.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:31 am

Just adding on:
wq_admin (Kristie) is the current "project coordinator".
loboLoco (Dave) is the webmaster. Only makes sense that he is an admin. ;)

Rikkuzilla and Kivia are both volunteer administrators, however Kiv has retired from the community and Rikku is now only standing in as an emergency admin.

DreamerDay

Post by DreamerDay » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:58 am

nightangelwolf wrote:Just adding on:
wq_admin (Kristie) is the current "project coordinator".
loboLoco (Dave) is the webmaster. Only makes sense that he is an admin. ;)

Rikkuzilla and Kivia are both volunteer administrators, however Kiv has retired from the community and Rikku is now only standing in as an emergency admin.
Wow, make sense now. Thank you.

iIida

Post by iIida » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:58 pm

I've remove WolfQuest 2.5.1 version because I want play the latest versions of the game (2.0.1)..
And I don't find this version of the game on Google search.. I only find WolfQuest 2.5.1 and 1.5.3 versions..

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:05 pm

iIida wrote:I've remove WolfQuest 2.5.1 version because I want play the latest versions of the game (2.0.1)..
And I don't find this version of the game on Google search.. I only find WolfQuest 2.5.1 and 1.5.3 versions..
If you can't find the version you are looking for, maybe it isn't around. Regardless, you might want to keep discussion of older versions to this thread, as the current thread is really for discussing updates to the game.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... n#p2068036

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:49 pm

• I think this topic, while gold, is rather old now. Almost two years old in fact! The project is moving onwards, and I think discussion would be better off in the other open topics within News and Announcements.

[Topic Locked]

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”