WolfQuest Update

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: WolfQuest Update

Post by Koa » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:31 pm

river6 wrote:Better for the company, not better for educational value. Most people aged 11-20ish want a game to be noneducational and even social in some aspects. True, sp doesn't require a server, meaning less money, but if multiplayer is done away with the project will surely die quicker.
The Minnesota Zoo doesn't want to continue with this specific project, though, so there's no point in considering "what is better for the company?". This particular game was meant to be educational and something not made for the profit of the Minnesota Zoo. The educational value of WolfQuest has always played a pivotal part in its development and has gained grants because of it.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:02 pm

Soo sad, but i'm preparing for it. I started a pack with its own forum, never play multiplayer, etc etc.

TruthOfTheMt
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TruthOfTheMt » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:12 am

Aww, no episode 3...And no lexicon chat?? :( That kinda makes it hard to RP, but, I guess in a way it would be good so that we can actually RP as real wolves, and not talk as humans would and not have any supernatural powers or any of the sort...But still, I would like the lexicon chat to stay...

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:58 pm

I am going to make a prediction--not sure if it will be true or not but, I think the upcoming (maybe) ipad version would help wq keep everything open longer, since you would have to pay to get it.

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:07 pm

This may sound repetitive at some points from my last post here similar to this. But I only repeated things because, they need to be said. Sorry if some of this doesnt make sense I was kind of tired when I wrote it so I couldnt think completely straight.

Okay, so you plan to delete the lexicon chat. But do you realize just how important it is? If not for the lexicon chat, I never would have created my main character, and if that never happened, I never would have found out a VERY important part of who I am. And I know WolfQuest is meant to educate about wolves, but really, if people actually are being realistic in those servers such as “RealisticLionRp” then you could learn something about another animal... And who knows if they might become an expert about that animal for a living, all because of WolfQuest... All because of the lexicon chat being there... Plus there are many roleplayers on WolfQuest, and some may not be able to find a satisfying new roleplay site.

I know for sure that I am more comfortable roleplaying on WolfQuest, because WolfQuest is where the most important roleplaying of my life began, and to me, WolfQuest is a home. But its not as much of a home when theres no lexicon chat. Without lexicon chat, I only have two other sites and PM's on the WolfQuest forums to contact my friends with. And I get that I could still contact them. But honestly. WolfQuest is a home, and its similar to in real life: you want a friend to come over, then they gotta go to your home, or at least from my experiences they do, thats the best way I could think of to explain it. I know that if that iPad app for WolfQuest is released, then voice chat would maybe replace lexicon chat. First of all: someone asked about filters, and someone else suggested saying something and then it comes out as a text message on the iPad. But from what I've seen, when that's done, people could make a mistake in saying something and then it would make a typo in the message and then it would take forever to say just one thing. Second of all: The lexicon chat cant be truly replaced. Sure you could take something, and put it in place of the lexicon. But it wouldnt actually be the lexicon. In a way the lexicon has a heart... Its filter protects us even though most of us hate it and bypass it even though were not supposed to. It lets us say lots of things, and it gives us a chance to meet new friends, without having to speak to them face to face... In smaller words: The lexicon chat is overprotective, but friendly and open to new ideas. At least thats the way I see it. And as for voice chat being what would replace lexicon chat if something was put in its place... Some people find it easier to talk to their Internet friends, because theyre not face to face. Im one of those people, its harder for me to talk face to face unless its certain people, but on the Internet I can ramble my head off... I get that this would just be our voices and not our faces, but its just too similar. Also, voice chat... What about the roleplayers? I know that Multiplayer wasnt intended for roleplay originally. But roleplayers make up a huge chunk of the WolfQuest community. Try roleplaying with your voice. I tried it once and it was horrible. Lexicon chat, on the other hand gives roleplayers an actual chance. And if I roleplay with my voice its too much like reading out loud. I absolutely hate reading out loud. Plus the voice chat idea would not work for everyone, because some people prefer typing, since certain people wouldnt hear them. Again I am one of those people. If I had to use voice chat, I would be too choked up with fear to talk to my Internet friends, because my parents would hear what I was saying and well... I talk about things they would never let me speak my mind about without cutting me off, with my Internet friends.

My Internet friends actually give me a chance to speak, and they actually listen to me. I know not everyones experience is the same, and I know my experience is probably different from a lot of peoples. But surely there must be other people with similar experiences, at least similar to certain parts of what Im talking about here. And there is another thing to the lexicon chat being in WolfQuest. If not for it being there, I never would have met my best friend, and if that never happened I never would have been there to convince her out of a certain, bad thing that I should not mention on here... Yet again, Im sure other people have had similar experiences... I know WolfQuest needs funding for the lexicon chat.

But nightangelwolf has told me that it wouldnt be impossible, for Eduweb to take the project into their own hands. So why dont more people just send more serious funding suggestions to Eduweb, instead of just going, “the lexicon's gonna be gone so I give up now”? If more people could send more serious suggestions Eduweb would probably be even more able to help. And I know, it was said that it was unknown if Eduweb is interested in helping the project anymore or not, at least I think that was said, but doesnt WolfQuest have any way to contact them about it? As for the Minnesota Zoo no longer wanting to continue the project... Have they not seen what this project has done? Or are they just too busy for it? And has anyone ever tried to convince them to still help the project? Does anyone even have a way to contact them about that? Is it even allowed?

And about Disabled and Phrase chat remaining... The only point in Disabled is playing a version of singleplayer with other users and/or taking screenshots. You cant get to know someone when they cant even talk to you. Its pretty much impossible. I mean sure, you could message that user on the forums. But it wouldnt be the same, because its not in real time. But with the lexicon chat its like being face to face... without being face to face. Phrased has more point in it, but its like trying to communicate without a language. All you can say is stuff that probably wont be needed for most people. Lexicon chat is different because with lexicon chat, you actually get to be yourself, because youre not forced to not talk and youre not forced to talk like a broken robot. Without the lexicon its society all over again: they tell you to be yourself and then they make that nearly impossible.

Then theres the whole issue with the donations. I can see not wanting to accept any more donations if donations would only go to a WolfQuest Episode 3 that theres no funding for. And I know you want to donate to a “worthwhile” organization like the Minnesota Zoo but really, while that is worthwhile, so is this game. I dont see why it couldnt be part of the donations going to the Minnesota Zoo and part of the donations going into an Episode 3 and/or the lexicon chat not being deleted.

Another thing about the WolfQuest app. LoboLoco has stated that money gotten from the app being bought would probably go into expanding the app. But that makes me think of all the other gaming companies- the ones that only care about selling their game and dont care about the games quality, etc. And WolfQuest is nothing like that. It just doesnt feel right. Its like WolfQuest is being twisted out of place... First the Lexicon chats possible deletion, and now money that probably could go into helping it not be deleted going into some app instead... Once more: I do not see why part of the money couldnt go to the app and part couldnt go to the lexicon. Would there not be enough funding? Or is this just happening by chance?

I know Singleplayer, and Multiplayer itself, would still remain if the Lexicon chat was deleted. But... while education about wolves is part of the heart of WolfQuest, in a way the lexicon is its “other half”. Education about wolves is a part of WolfQuest's goal, if I am correct? But theres another goal. An unintended goal in WolfQuest, one most dont realize. Yet, Ive noticed that its there... The goal of starting a journey that could lead to someones destiny, fate, or future. Some may have gone, “this is just a game” and left without finding that journey. But Ive stayed long enough to find it. Without the lexicon. I never would have found out, that I wanted to be an author when I grow up if I get the chance. Without the lexicon. I never would have learned as much about friendship as I did. And without the lexicon. I never would have learned who I am (I've already stated that I know... but it needs to be mentioned in this part too). I would have almost no one left right now that I could trust if the lexicon was never there. Because due to the lexicon, I met the best friends I've ever had.

Is there any other way for WolfQuest to gain funding right now other than Eduweb or an app? Maybe another wolf related company, or something? If theres no known other way, then I suggest researching more ways to gain funding. The longer you research, and the harder you look for something, the more likely you are to find a new way. I know you said you had no more grant funding... But... its like being lost in a dark tunnel and searching for a way out. The longer you explore that tunnel the more likely you are to find the light and not be trapped in there forever. Im usually impatient, but if I was trying to find a way to gain funding for WolfQuest, Id be more patient about it.

And WolfQuest is the reason wolves are my favorite animal... That would be less likely to happen without the lexicon chat. Without the lexicon chat they definitely wouldnt be my determined permanent favorite animal- I'd still be switching my favorite animal from pigs to cats to deer to something else almost every other week.

Then theres that Return of the Pack “remake”.... I get that it could be a good place to migrate to when the lexicon is gone. And I get that it could be more complex than WolfQuest, and stuff like that. But just like the lexicon, WolfQuest can never be “truly” replaced. Im not trying to hate on Nightly-Howler or anything like that here, just trying to voice my mind- But WolfQuest is that one special game to me, the one I can never leave behind, the one I need to feel as if Im connected to. Honestly I could never just go and say, “This game is gone so now I'll make one to replace it” about WolfQuest. Because WolfQuest is a home to me, WolfQuest is a wolf's paradise, its something im connected to and something Ive found I cant abandon or replace, and Im sorry if you dont understand this part. Im having a hard time explaining it.

So many people give up so easily... and now it seems like everyones giving up on WolfQuest. I'm not giving in, I'll post things like this as many times as I must... But I just want to say. Even if the lexicon chat is replaced or deleted... WolfQuest will still live on, not only in the fact that the game itself wouldnt completely shut down. But it would survive, in memories, in the roleplays that started at WolfQuest, in the friendships created there and in other things. If something originates from WolfQuest, then WolfQuest will live on within it.

This was not meant to be a rant, or shoving anything down anyones throat. I wanted to speak how I felt and stand up for the lexicon and for WolfQuest. So thats why I posted this, I am sorry if you took it the wrong way.

amethystrose
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Hypnotic

Post by amethystrose » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:00 pm

Let me just say that after reading Pelican's post, that really touched my heart about what WolfQuest really meant to me. Talking to new people and RolePlaying with them. I can see how in the past that all went there. The WolfQuest app sounds like an iffy to me. I would rather that they try to get all the fundings into the lexicon chat itself rather than to just take all the money and put it into an app that's like he computer download version that we may end up paying for. Yes, WolfQuest does teach us new things with the realistic [Insert animal here] RP. You can learn more about it just by RolePlaying. But really... After reading that very long post above me, which I encourage more people to read, it really meant something to me. Like WolfQuest was something that I was deeply connected to. Something that I could actually live for.

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:12 pm

but, maybe the money from the app could help WolfQuest from shutting down.

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:55 pm

amethystrose wrote:Let me just say that after reading Pelican's post, that really touched my heart about what WolfQuest really meant to me. Talking to new people and RolePlaying with them. I can see how in the past that all went there. The WolfQuest app sounds like an iffy to me. I would rather that they try to get all the fundings into the lexicon chat itself rather than to just take all the money and put it into an app that's like he computer download version that we may end up paying for. Yes, WolfQuest does teach us new things with the realistic [Insert animal here] RP. You can learn more about it just by RolePlaying. But really... After reading that very long post above me, which I encourage more people to read, it really meant something to me. Like WolfQuest was something that I was deeply connected to. Something that I could actually live for.
Well I am glad my post was effective,

WolfTracks12
Pup
Pup

Post by WolfTracks12 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Wow. On a whim, I just happened to read through Pelican's post, and I must say, that was beautiful. Pelican makes some brilliant points in that post, and it was very touching to read. I understand exactly what she means about this game altering the course of her life. Every little thing we do will ultimately have a big impact on who we are, and WolfQuest has proved to create wonderful impacts. Hopefully, no matter what happens, this beauty will find ways carry on.

- WolfTracks12

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:07 pm

WolfTracks12 wrote:Wow. On a whim, I just happened to read through Pelican's post, and I must say, that was beautiful. Pelican makes some brilliant points in that post, and it was very touching to read. I understand exactly what she means about this game altering the course of her life. Every little thing we do will ultimately have a big impact on who we are, and WolfQuest has proved to create wonderful impacts. Hopefully, no matter what happens, this beauty will find ways carry on.

- WolfTracks12

I think WolfQuest has some of the more noticable impacts..

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:27 am

Pelican wrote:This may sound repetitive at some points from my last post here similar to this. But I only repeated things because, they need to be said. Sorry if some of this doesnt make sense I was kind of tired when I wrote it so I couldnt think completely straight.

Okay, so you plan to delete the lexicon chat. But do you realize just how important it is? If not for the lexicon chat, I never would have created my main character, and if that never happened, I never would have found out a VERY important part of who I am. And I know WolfQuest is meant to educate about wolves, but really, if people actually are being realistic in those servers such as “RealisticLionRp” then you could learn something about another animal... And who knows if they might become an expert about that animal for a living, all because of WolfQuest... All because of the lexicon chat being there... Plus there are many roleplayers on WolfQuest, and some may not be able to find a satisfying new roleplay site.

I know for sure that I am more comfortable roleplaying on WolfQuest, because WolfQuest is where the most important roleplaying of my life began, and to me, WolfQuest is a home. But its not as much of a home when theres no lexicon chat. Without lexicon chat, I only have two other sites and PM's on the WolfQuest forums to contact my friends with. And I get that I could still contact them. But honestly. WolfQuest is a home, and its similar to in real life: you want a friend to come over, then they gotta go to your home, or at least from my experiences they do, thats the best way I could think of to explain it. I know that if that iPad app for WolfQuest is released, then voice chat would maybe replace lexicon chat. First of all: someone asked about filters, and someone else suggested saying something and then it comes out as a text message on the iPad. But from what I've seen, when that's done, people could make a mistake in saying something and then it would make a typo in the message and then it would take forever to say just one thing. Second of all: The lexicon chat cant be truly replaced. Sure you could take something, and put it in place of the lexicon. But it wouldnt actually be the lexicon. In a way the lexicon has a heart... Its filter protects us even though most of us hate it and bypass it even though were not supposed to. It lets us say lots of things, and it gives us a chance to meet new friends, without having to speak to them face to face... In smaller words: The lexicon chat is overprotective, but friendly and open to new ideas. At least thats the way I see it. And as for voice chat being what would replace lexicon chat if something was put in its place... Some people find it easier to talk to their Internet friends, because theyre not face to face. Im one of those people, its harder for me to talk face to face unless its certain people, but on the Internet I can ramble my head off... I get that this would just be our voices and not our faces, but its just too similar. Also, voice chat... What about the roleplayers? I know that Multiplayer wasnt intended for roleplay originally. But roleplayers make up a huge chunk of the WolfQuest community. Try roleplaying with your voice. I tried it once and it was horrible. Lexicon chat, on the other hand gives roleplayers an actual chance. And if I roleplay with my voice its too much like reading out loud. I absolutely hate reading out loud. Plus the voice chat idea would not work for everyone, because some people prefer typing, since certain people wouldnt hear them. Again I am one of those people. If I had to use voice chat, I would be too choked up with fear to talk to my Internet friends, because my parents would hear what I was saying and well... I talk about things they would never let me speak my mind about without cutting me off, with my Internet friends.

My Internet friends actually give me a chance to speak, and they actually listen to me. I know not everyones experience is the same, and I know my experience is probably different from a lot of peoples. But surely there must be other people with similar experiences, at least similar to certain parts of what Im talking about here. And there is another thing to the lexicon chat being in WolfQuest. If not for it being there, I never would have met my best friend, and if that never happened I never would have been there to convince her out of a certain, bad thing that I should not mention on here... Yet again, Im sure other people have had similar experiences... I know WolfQuest needs funding for the lexicon chat.

But nightangelwolf has told me that it wouldnt be impossible, for Eduweb to take the project into their own hands. So why dont more people just send more serious funding suggestions to Eduweb, instead of just going, “the lexicon's gonna be gone so I give up now”? If more people could send more serious suggestions Eduweb would probably be even more able to help. And I know, it was said that it was unknown if Eduweb is interested in helping the project anymore or not, at least I think that was said, but doesnt WolfQuest have any way to contact them about it? As for the Minnesota Zoo no longer wanting to continue the project... Have they not seen what this project has done? Or are they just too busy for it? And has anyone ever tried to convince them to still help the project? Does anyone even have a way to contact them about that? Is it even allowed?

And about Disabled and Phrase chat remaining... The only point in Disabled is playing a version of singleplayer with other users and/or taking screenshots. You cant get to know someone when they cant even talk to you. Its pretty much impossible. I mean sure, you could message that user on the forums. But it wouldnt be the same, because its not in real time. But with the lexicon chat its like being face to face... without being face to face. Phrased has more point in it, but its like trying to communicate without a language. All you can say is stuff that probably wont be needed for most people. Lexicon chat is different because with lexicon chat, you actually get to be yourself, because youre not forced to not talk and youre not forced to talk like a broken robot. Without the lexicon its society all over again: they tell you to be yourself and then they make that nearly impossible.

Then theres the whole issue with the donations. I can see not wanting to accept any more donations if donations would only go to a WolfQuest Episode 3 that theres no funding for. And I know you want to donate to a “worthwhile” organization like the Minnesota Zoo but really, while that is worthwhile, so is this game. I dont see why it couldnt be part of the donations going to the Minnesota Zoo and part of the donations going into an Episode 3 and/or the lexicon chat not being deleted.

Another thing about the WolfQuest app. LoboLoco has stated that money gotten from the app being bought would probably go into expanding the app. But that makes me think of all the other gaming companies- the ones that only care about selling their game and dont care about the games quality, etc. And WolfQuest is nothing like that. It just doesnt feel right. Its like WolfQuest is being twisted out of place... First the Lexicon chats possible deletion, and now money that probably could go into helping it not be deleted going into some app instead... Once more: I do not see why part of the money couldnt go to the app and part couldnt go to the lexicon. Would there not be enough funding? Or is this just happening by chance?

I know Singleplayer, and Multiplayer itself, would still remain if the Lexicon chat was deleted. But... while education about wolves is part of the heart of WolfQuest, in a way the lexicon is its “other half”. Education about wolves is a part of WolfQuest's goal, if I am correct? But theres another goal. An unintended goal in WolfQuest, one most dont realize. Yet, Ive noticed that its there... The goal of starting a journey that could lead to someones destiny, fate, or future. Some may have gone, “this is just a game” and left without finding that journey. But Ive stayed long enough to find it. Without the lexicon. I never would have found out, that I wanted to be an author when I grow up if I get the chance. Without the lexicon. I never would have learned as much about friendship as I did. And without the lexicon. I never would have learned who I am (I've already stated that I know... but it needs to be mentioned in this part too). I would have almost no one left right now that I could trust if the lexicon was never there. Because due to the lexicon, I met the best friends I've ever had.

Is there any other way for WolfQuest to gain funding right now other than Eduweb or an app? Maybe another wolf related company, or something? If theres no known other way, then I suggest researching more ways to gain funding. The longer you research, and the harder you look for something, the more likely you are to find a new way. I know you said you had no more grant funding... But... its like being lost in a dark tunnel and searching for a way out. The longer you explore that tunnel the more likely you are to find the light and not be trapped in there forever. Im usually impatient, but if I was trying to find a way to gain funding for WolfQuest, Id be more patient about it.

And WolfQuest is the reason wolves are my favorite animal... That would be less likely to happen without the lexicon chat. Without the lexicon chat they definitely wouldnt be my determined permanent favorite animal- I'd still be switching my favorite animal from pigs to cats to deer to something else almost every other week.

Then theres that Return of the Pack “remake”.... I get that it could be a good place to migrate to when the lexicon is gone. And I get that it could be more complex than WolfQuest, and stuff like that. But just like the lexicon, WolfQuest can never be “truly” replaced. Im not trying to hate on Nightly-Howler or anything like that here, just trying to voice my mind- But WolfQuest is that one special game to me, the one I can never leave behind, the one I need to feel as if Im connected to. Honestly I could never just go and say, “This game is gone so now I'll make one to replace it” about WolfQuest. Because WolfQuest is a home to me, WolfQuest is a wolf's paradise, its something im connected to and something Ive found I cant abandon or replace, and Im sorry if you dont understand this part. Im having a hard time explaining it.

So many people give up so easily... and now it seems like everyones giving up on WolfQuest. I'm not giving in, I'll post things like this as many times as I must... But I just want to say. Even if the lexicon chat is replaced or deleted... WolfQuest will still live on, not only in the fact that the game itself wouldnt completely shut down. But it would survive, in memories, in the roleplays that started at WolfQuest, in the friendships created there and in other things. If something originates from WolfQuest, then WolfQuest will live on within it.

This was not meant to be a rant, or shoving anything down anyones throat. I wanted to speak how I felt and stand up for the lexicon and for WolfQuest. So thats why I posted this, I am sorry if you took it the wrong way.
That was.....BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! *cries*

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:35 pm

• Careful Derp-Bacon, roleplay refrences such as
    Derp-Bacon wrote: *cries*
    ...are not allowed outside of the WQ Roleplay topic, found at http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68437.

That was quite an anecdote Pelican!

In my opinon, the NSF chose to grant the Minnesota Zoo and Eduweb ~$500,000 USD to develop WolfQuest as an experiment in funding educational video games. On Wikipedia you will note:
    On September 2006, The National Science Foundation awarded the Minnesota Zoo and Eduweb a USD $508,253 informal education grant to develop WolfQuest. This makes it the first video game funded by the National Science Foundation, under grant number 0610427.[7][8]
    Whether or not the NSF deems WQ a success is their say. But the take-home message here is that if WQ really is an experiment running on limited funding, then we can reasonably conclude that WQ would come to an eventual end, like all experiments do. Just where that end is however remains to be seen, and I will say that if people wish to see this project continue on, whatever their reasons, then I would advise them to take their own measures in directly contacting the necessary parties that are involved in this project. If you aren't sure who they are, I guarantee you can find them on this website with a little hunting :). Basically: you need to take your words off of this forum and unto places where they will be seen by the people in charge if you want to make your voice heard by the people with the power.

This is not meant to offend, reject, or shut down anyone's feelings about WolfQuest. I too have been irreversibly changed by participating in this project in my own way, just as many of you have in your own ways. I just wanted to say what I thought would be a good way to take action on continuing the WolfQuest project.

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:40 am

@Pelican and Tonbei

No words to describe that post other than.... that is what I thought.
Tonbei wrote: Whether or not the NSF deems WQ a success is their say. But the take-home message here is that if WQ really is an experiment running on limited funding, then we can reasonably conclude that WQ would come to an eventual end, like all experiments do.
[/list]
That is a valid point. When one runs an experiment. They post their conclusions for the science community to peer review. Am I correct? That is basically what we are not doing, but should do. I agree with many points to what Pelican is saying. Your post was simply relevant. But is it relevant to the peer review? We all want Wolfquest to be saved. But, the experiment has been done and the conclusion was clearly written in their post. What is next? For the world to see and review what the experiment has to offer. We must not give up if it means saving something that has been a part of me since 2010...

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:18 am

• I am glad you see some reason in my post Jaymist!

After I posted, I thought about this some more. And I realized many people want to keep the project going for many different reasons. That's when I realized it wasn't the project itself people wanted to maintain--its the friendships, skill development (online posting, drawing, writing, etc.), and the sense of community people will miss most about WolfQuest. For me, WolfQuest has inspired an interest in taking wolves into my academic studies, and to read more scientific literature on them. Over the years, it has also let me develop my creative writing abilities, and my ability to communicate in an online setting. All of these things I can now do beyond the forums, and take with me wherever I decide to use these skills. But for others, they may desire things that are a little harder to directly take away from WolfQuest, such as certain friendships or groups. But yeah, consider this too...that maybe it's not the WolfQuest project itself one values most: it's what one did with it.

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:53 pm

Tonbei wrote:
  • I am glad you see some reason in my post Jaymist!

After I posted, I thought about this some more. And I realized many people want to keep the project going for many different reasons. That's when I realized it wasn't the project itself people wanted to maintain--its the friendships, skill development (online posting, drawing, writing, etc.), and the sense of community people will miss most about WolfQuest. For me, WolfQuest has inspired an interest in taking wolves into my academic studies, and to read more scientific literature on them. Over the years, it has also let me develop my creative writing abilities, and my ability to communicate in an online setting. All of these things I can now do beyond the forums, and take with me wherever I decide to use these skills. But for others, they may desire things that are a little harder to directly take away from WolfQuest, such as certain friendships or groups. But yeah, consider this too...that maybe it's not the WolfQuest project itself one values most: it's what one did with it.

true,
but have you ever thought that some of those things belong in the WolfQuest game? i can feel it, some of the stuff i mentioned in my earlier post belongs there and almost nowhere else...

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”