Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by WQ Coordinator » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:39 pm

With all the recent or upcoming changes (forum upgrade, new episode release, and moderators resigning), we've decided it's time to add some new forum moderators. If you are active on the WolfQuest forums, are dedicated to WolfQuest, and think you'd do a great job of helping keep the forums and game friendly and running smoothly, we'd love to have you apply. First, read through the requirements (Moderator Expectations). If you think you can adhere to these agreements and are still interested in becoming a WolfQuest moderator, follow the directions and answer all the questions on the application. Your application answers, general posting behavior, and activity on the forums (not your number of posts or your age), will help the current moderators and I decide who should be added to the moderator team.

The moderator application and expectations are both listed below and are also attached (as a Word document) to this post; please copy/attach the application and your responses in an e-mail to me (address listed below). If you do not follow all of the instructions listed in the application, you will not be considered for a moderator position, so please read carefully before submitting your application. Please only submit your application if your answers are exactly the way you'd like them; I'm hoping not to have to accept any application edits. It's helpful if you put your username and 'moderator application' in the e-mail subject line. So I would put:
WQ Coordinator's Moderator Application
and you would put
[Your username here]'s Moderator Application
Thank you, and good luck!

WolfQuest Forum Moderator Application
First Name:
Username:

1)What do you like about the WolfQuest forums?
2)How often do you currently visit the WolfQuest forums?
3)Which forums on wolfquest.org you would like to help moderate and why?
4)As a moderator, what things would you do to help out and improve the forums?
5)Are you willing and able to help patrol WolfQuest multiplayer games?
6)Do you have any customer service experience (a job or volunteer position in which you work directly with and for other people)? If so, where?

Please respond with what you would do in these hypothetical situations:
1) You lock two topics. One user complains to you via PM or e-mail, the other user asks to make a new, similar topic.
2) Another moderator unlocks a topic you believe should stay locked.
3) You see a questionable topic and are unsure whether to lock it or leave it open.
4) You see a post or signature that insults another member.
5) You log in to the forums feeling annoyed/angry at something that recently happened to you, only to find a rude PM sent to you from a forum member.
6) You PM a member in regards to their behavior- their reply is angry and borderline abusive.
7) Two members are arguing in the Off-Topic Topic.
8) You notice a multiplayer game with inappropriate behavior.
9) Someone asks a question you don’t know the answer to.
10) Someone is giving false information on the forums about wolves or WolfQuest.

Moderator Expectations:
•Act as a role model and make positive contributions to the WolfQuest Community.
•Positively and accurately represent the WolfQuest Team.
•Communicate with administrators, moderators, and other forum members in a professional and helpful manner. Avoid posting anything that may seem negative, demeaning, excluding, or condescending.
•Check the moderated forum(s) once per day to remove inappropriate topics and posts, answer questions, participate in discussions, and add new topics.
•Check other forums at least once per week.
•Check for and report inappropriate behavior in the WolfQuest multiplayer games at least once per week.
•Respond to those who go against the Community Guidelines in a positive, constructive, and informative manner.
•Correspond with the administrator about concerns and planned absences.
•Check your e-mail and PM inbox regularly. (The e-mail address you list on this application should be the one you check most regularly and does not have to be the same as the one associated with your WolfQuest account.) Update the administrator on any e-mail address changes.

Moderator Benefits:
•Access to the Moderators-only Forum.
•Ability to move and/or lock topics and posts.
•Optional moderator title in profile (rank and signature).
•May be given early information about the game and/or its development.

Once you have filled out this application, please e-mail it to coordinator@wolfquest.org on or before May 2, 2011. No applications will be accepted after May 2 or via Private Message; no exceptions.
Attachments
Moderator Application 2011.doc
(34.5 KiB) Downloaded 693 times
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

FrozenRosez
Pup
Pup

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by FrozenRosez » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:22 pm

This looks exciting :) Came by to say good luck everybody, and to you Cana, i remember last time you were flooded with apps xD.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:34 pm

GOOD LUCK and don't hurt yourselves with excitement now. ;P

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Oh well this is quite exciting, I remember the last time. And I see a few changes to the questions. x3 Good luck everyone who applies for mod! I'm sure you'll all do great. :)

-Sheeba
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by -Sheeba » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Koa wrote:GOOD LUCK and don't hurt yourselves with excitement now. ;P
Ditto xD

The best of luck to everyone who applies! I have a feeling we'll have a ton more applications than last year, and that is certainly saying a lot if anyone can remember the 100+ apps that was sent out last time, haha.

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Good luck to everyone who is applying! Best of luck choosing new mods Cana, I remember last time you were flooded with them. =P

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Ah, my deja vu be kicking in already x3
-Sheeba wrote:I have a feeling we'll have a ton more applications than last year, and that is certainly saying a lot if anyone can remember the 100+ apps that was sent out last time, haha.
Aha, I have that same feeling too!

Anyway, good luck to all who are applying! Be ready ;)

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:21 pm

OMG! I cant believe it is time again!

Are you ready for all this xD?! I think I might apply even know there will be like 1000 others :wink:

MsGoldenMC4

Post by MsGoldenMC4 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:28 pm

I just sent in my Application for being a Moderator! I by acidently put "Moderator Application" insteads of " WQ Coordinator's Moderator Application".I hope you didnt mind if i put"Moderator Application" I didnt have time because i got to exited XD

-x- Silvie -x-
Former WQ Moderator

Post by -x- Silvie -x- » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:31 pm

-x-Rebecca-x- wrote:I just sent in my Application for being a Moderator! I by acidently put "Moderator Application" insteads of " WQ Coordinator's Moderator Application".I hope you didnt mind if i put"Moderator Application" I didnt have time because i got to exited XD
You wouldn't put in 'WQ Coordinator's Moderator Application'; you insert your username into the quote. For example, yours would be
'-x-Rebecca-x-'s Moderator Application'. (;

Though anyway, seems interesting! I might apply if I find enough free time coming my way. ^^
Last edited by -x- Silvie -x- on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myk

Post by Myk » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:35 pm

Good luck to all!

I have a question though

What happens if the current Email that is registered as your Wolfquests account is no longer working? May I send it off another email account?

Larkarl
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Larkarl » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:38 pm

I'll definitely be applying- good luck to all who are considering, and then good luck to Cana and the current moderator team when they must go through the task of reviewing the applications.

jaguartail
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by jaguartail » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:42 pm

I'm unsure wether to apply. to elaborate:
mod applications have opened again.....I'm unsure wether to apply this time. My current status as a beta tester will fill up time once the new episode is more fully developed, so I may not always have time to moderate the forum.....plus I'm not as active on the community as I used to be....but then again, I would enjoy the job and am willing to contribute to the community as a mod....but then again, I can't gurantee I can avoid posting "negative" content...I don't know what to do.
Last year, I believe we had a total of 101 applications, though 2 were sent after the deadline. Seeing as we've received one already(which didn't happen on day 1 last year), we'll probably get something around 145.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:48 pm

VNightV wrote:Good luck to all!

I have a question though

What happens if the current Email that is registered as your Wolfquests account is no longer working? May I send it off another email account?
Yes, you can use any email you wish, preferably the one you check most often, but either way, any email should be fine :)

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:48 pm

Sent my application in, somehow I doubt I'll get picked but it never hurts to apply. Good luck everyone! ^^ And good luck Cana with all the applications you'll get XD

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”