Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Dostluk
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Now Accepting Moderator Applications

Post by Dostluk » Mon May 02, 2011 1:06 pm

Question. If a member had been an UotM, does it count on chances to become mod?

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Mon May 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Dostluk wrote:Question. If a member had been an UotM, does it count on chances to become mod?
Well yes, can help towards your chances of being a moderator, since we know that there has been a time you've shown good qualities in the past, to put it short. Although, that definitely doesn't mean that anyone who hasn't been UoTM has their chances decreased nor does it mean that you don't have the qualities to be a moderator ;) It isn't really a major factor.

Hope that helps/makes sense!

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Mon May 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Alpha Female wrote:Time sure does fly.^^
Good luck to all who have applied, it'll be great seeing some new moderators around. =3
Time sure does fly! It seems just like yesterday when I first saw this topic! Best day of my life, until now :wink:

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon May 02, 2011 1:55 pm

nightangelwolf wrote:
SilverHybrid wrote: it may take a while for the new mods to be announced (and I can definitely ensure you that it won't just be one person becoming a moderator ;D)
Looks like all existing mods have a torch in the dark as we await to see whom the new moderators are... :o
........lol. Again, good luck to all who applied -- the wait may be arduous, but don't be disappointed if you aren't chosen; after all, it's the taking part that counts. :3 Besides, patience is a virtue. ;)
Was that a Survivor reference?
Although, I may be the one with the torch, provided I have a Survivor buff. |D I kid.

That aside, it will be awhile. Just try not to think about it to much, as it seems to make the wait, if you'd like to call it that, longer.
SilverHybrid wrote:
Dostluk wrote:Question. If a member had been an UotM, does it count on chances to become mod?
Well yes, can help towards your chances of being a moderator, since we know that there has been a time you've shown good qualities in the past, to put it short. Although, that definitely doesn't mean that anyone who hasn't been UoTM has their chances decreased nor does it mean that you don't have the qualities to be a moderator ;) It isn't really a major factor.

Hope that helps/makes sense!
Adding on in a disorganized ramble, we typically look at all ends of your past activity, regardless if you've been UOTM or not. All post history is taken into consideration and your general past behavior on the forum. With that being said, and as Silver stated, yes, it may help us remember you more and remember that time when you shined. UOTM is certainly an achievement, but we don't typically "rely" on it to choose our candidates, per say. We acknowledge the past achievements, take them into consideration, but no, in the end it doesn't make the final decision and we do try to make it as fair as possible.

Moon-Light-Shadow

Post by Moon-Light-Shadow » Mon May 02, 2011 3:48 pm

Can't wait!

Good-luck Cana and the mods!
And the Applicats!

shenzie
Yearling
Yearling

Post by shenzie » Mon May 02, 2011 4:06 pm

Good luck everyone! Deadline is today. I wish the best of luck to you all!

~Jade~

Cenetri
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Cenetri » Mon May 02, 2011 4:26 pm

Looks like the applying time is nearing an end... I wish the best of luck to all of you. For those of you who have managed to enter, my best wishes, and for those of you who have refrained from doing so, you show a very mature quality. The fact that you've decided not to jump the gun and relax a little is wonderful, and that shows that you could definitely shine as a moderator in the future, if you'd like to become one.

I have a short question, actually;

• - How are you judged? Is it just a discussion of the application, post history, and behaviour, or is there something similar to a school system, where you seem to 'grade' them? If it's supposed to remain classified, you don't need to answer this - I was simply curious.

Anyway, once again [probably the fifth time now... I'm just so very talkative], good luck to all of you who have participated in this! I have the utmost confidence that any one of you would do well as a moderator, whether or not you earn the chance.

jumpjump456

Post by jumpjump456 » Mon May 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Cenetri wrote:

• - How are you judged? Is it just a discussion of the application, post history, and behaviour, or is there something similar to a school system, where you seem to 'grade' them? If it's supposed to remain classified, you don't need to answer this - I was simply curious.

As Cana stated in the first post. ^^
Cana wrote:Your application answers, general posting behavior, and activity on the forums (not your number of posts or your age
The deadline is here, I hope everyone turned their application in on time!

Cenetri
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Cenetri » Mon May 02, 2011 5:17 pm

jumpjump456 wrote:
Cenetri wrote:

As Cana stated in the first post. ^^
Cana wrote:Your application answers, general posting behavior, and activity on the forums (not your number of posts or your age
Actually, I'm asking how they judge, not the criteria. I was aware of those specifics, but I was wondering how the judging went about, such as having a tally sheet, or scoring, etc. So, the question remains...

Once more [I'm probably tiring you all out now...], good luck, everyone!

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Mon May 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Now, just to wait for the admin (AKA Cana :wink: ) to choose between 100 or more requests for the right one... It is going to be hard I presume ^^

shenzie
Yearling
Yearling

Post by shenzie » Mon May 02, 2011 5:40 pm

Nightly-Howler wrote:Now, just to wait for the admin (AKA Cana :wink: ) to choose between 100 or more requests for the right one... It is going to be hard I presume ^^
Harder than hard? Haha, I bet she has some magic power though. I can't wait to see who gets chosen. Good luck everyone.

~Jade~

safren
Yearling
Yearling

Post by safren » Mon May 02, 2011 7:05 pm

today is the day! hope everyone wishing to apply got their application in, time sure does fly! good luck to everyone who applied, i am excited to see new green names on the forums. i think new moderators will also improve everyone's mood, not that the mood is bad now but the forums should be exciting from now on. :D

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Mon May 02, 2011 8:03 pm

That's a relief since I never really got into any trouble on the forums.

Deadline! Good luck on choosing your moderators, Cana!

Bailee
Pup
Pup

Post by Bailee » Mon May 02, 2011 10:43 pm

SilverHybrid wrote:
Bailee wrote:
nightangelwolf wrote:It will be good to see who the new moderators are; especially more so if the new moderators are members of the community who have grown to become familiar and helpful names. :) Good luck to everyone who applied!

I wonder how many applications there'll be at the deadline. Hope Cana'll share with us. ;)
Yeah, I just realized you don't have to download the document to have entered... o_O poor Cana... I hope she gets it sorted out easily....
Bailee, if you have something to add on, you know that you can always use the edit button to prevent yourself from double posting, alrighty? Cheers ;D

Also regarding your previous question, by activity, it means stuff such as - How often you check the forums, how often you post, etc. basic stuff like that, if that makes sense.

Anywhom, time has certainly flown, the deadline is tomorrow already!
But I did use the edit button, it says that, doesn't it? Ugh, I hope this doesn't go against some slim chance I had to be a moderator.... *bangs head on desk*

sparky_wolf

Post by sparky_wolf » Tue May 03, 2011 1:32 am

It is true, the moderators and Cana do have the torch while we stand in complete darkness. I think the team is starting to enjoy this, knowing something we really want to know and having the power to refuse or accept the applications.

Well, we are required to be patient and respectful of their decisions, so let's make this a enjoyable, yet mature, time. Good luck, for about the hundreth time, and my forward congratulations.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”