Squash the Bugs! Contest- Updated!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Adalae
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Squash the Bugs! Contest- Updated!

Post by Adalae » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Thank you for the update, Cana /late c: Good luck to everyone who's entered!

lark, i hope you are able to get your problem fixed with the computer... i have a mac and it works perfectly on my computer ^-^

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:29 am

Adalae wrote:lark, i hope you are able to get your problem fixed with the computer... i have a mac and it works perfectly on my computer ^-^[/color]
Same here, I have had no bugs that need to be reported. There are some but not enough to make a bug report. I will just stick with the PC version, there are LOTS of problems there :wink:

Patience
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Patience » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:17 am

i have a glitch that has happened to me many times before with my mate.

1. i howl and he super slowly stalks in a direction (not following me) and he just keeps walking in a strait line even if he walks to the end of the map he is still slowly stalking nothing and then i run far away and he still there. it is incredibly annoying especially when i need food for my pups. and i can't stop him or fix it because he just keeps stalk/walking, i have even tried to push him but he is still walking. i howl again still walking. it's like he has become a zombie wolf.

2. i chase and kill a coyote and my mate runs in circles around it and refuses to stop.

i was at first thinking that i just picked a mate with brain damage or it was only for this one wolf but it kept happening and happening and it became impossible to finish the game because my mate never came back to me and the pups.

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:26 pm

Patience wrote:i have a glitch that has happened to me many times before with my mate.

1. i howl and he super slowly stalks in a direction (not following me) and he just keeps walking in a strait line even if he walks to the end of the map he is still slowly stalking nothing and then i run far away and he still there. it is incredibly annoying especially when i need food for my pups. and i can't stop him or fix it because he just keeps stalk/walking, i have even tried to push him but he is still walking. i howl again still walking. it's like he has become a zombie wolf.

2. i chase and kill a coyote and my mate runs in circles around it and refuses to stop.

i was at first thinking that i just picked a mate with brain damage or it was only for this one wolf but it kept happening and happening and it became impossible to finish the game because my mate never came back to me and the pups.
Those are very, interesting, glitches and I am sure they are annoying, though I believe there is another place to discuss bugs/glitches here - http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31150

Howl forever14
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Howl forever14 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Patience wrote:i have a glitch that has happened to me many times before with my mate.

OMG! The EXACT SAME THING happens to me too!!! at first it was with my wolf Moon, and her mate. I already had a den at bison peak, but no pups yet. I had just killed a cow elk, without any help whatsoever from my mate as usual, and as I started to eat, my computer screen image suddenly did sort of what a t.v. screen does during a storm: image breaks up, you see bright pink, green or blue spots, then goes black. When the image returned like 30sec. later, my mate suddenly stopped running circles around me and started slowly walking toward "upland meadows?" with this blank look on his face, just different from what the faces usually look like. So I followed him, but once he crossed slough creek and still wouldn't stop, I stopped and howled. He stopped and howled too, but then kept going until he hit the "invisible wall" at the edge of the game world. AND HE STILL WOULDNT STOP! just kept walking in place. I closed that game, and reopened it, but again, as soon as I started to eat off a carcass, he did the same thing over again. SO ANNOYING AND IT TICKS ME OFF!! same with the coyote thing, but he stops when I reload the game of take a pup away from the den site and drop it.

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Thanks for the update, Cana! It's good to see that people are participating in this contest, it's fun and it helps fix all those annoying bugs and glitches in the game.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Please avoiding talking about glitches here, and please discuss it on this thread so it is easier for all of us. :wink:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31150

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:46 pm

I have a quick question,
I am unable to find my output log, HOWEVER, I am MORE than willing to take screenshots of what is happening. I myself am a common victim of the connection glitch, and could test it, but can I substitute screenshots for the output log?
Thanks.
~Frodo

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:38 pm

Frodo1 wrote:I have a quick question,
I am unable to find my output log, HOWEVER, I am MORE than willing to take screenshots of what is happening. I myself am a common victim of the connection glitch, and could test it, but can I substitute screenshots for the output log?
Thanks.
~Frodo
I'm not any administrator, but I believe the output logs are extremely important, especially with connection issues...
Are you simply unable to find the folder in which the output log is located, or are you unable to see the output log displayed in the correct folder?

kmdogs97
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Location: Secretly stalking my favorite youtubers with my handy-dandy binoculars. O.O

Post by kmdogs97 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:31 am

Frodo1 wrote:I have a quick question,
Thanks.
~Frodo
To see the output log, run the game as administrator, try and re-create a glitch then close the game, finally open up the game folder and click: Wolfquest_Data. :) Hope that helps.

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Those topics provide more in depth help in finding out_put logs.

NightlyH

Post by NightlyH » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:43 pm

Ah no! I hope I did not miss it! I just started to upload. :oops: I hope I will make it...

DragonflySpirit
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by DragonflySpirit » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:37 pm

I will not enter but good luck to those who have.

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:04 pm

The contest has ended and we're close to making a decision! I can't tell you names yet, but I can tell you we will be adding more than one beta tester. Thank you to everyone who entered- even if you don't win this contest, you still helped make us aware of some of the glitches/bugs in the game and hopefully many of them can be fixed for the next version of the game!

I think I'll post a new topic to announce the contest winners and lock this topic when that topic is posted, FYI.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:11 pm

That's great, Cana. Can't wait to see the winners. ^-^

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”