Your ideas for 'resting' in the game

Archived news, updates and announcements.

Which option do you like best?

Option 1
10%
Option 2
12%
Option 3
52%
Option 4
5%
Option 5
9%
Option 6
7%
Option 7
5%
Option 8 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
0%
Option 9 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
No votes
Option 10 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
0%

Total votes: 430

-x-Zaroque-x-
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Re: Your ideas for 'resting' in the game

Post by -x-Zaroque-x- » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:45 am

(Lawl Cana 83)
I know a lor of people have voted for three, it also seems one of the most simple controls that the options have to offer. Just repeat it all, and ...
Maia Huntress wrote:I think Option 3 is the best out of them all; it seems a lot easier and less confusing than the others by far.
Also, a lot of people imagined that it would be like that, so I suppose ... they just went for it.

deedeedragonwolf
Pup
Pup
Location: With my mate Sunstorm living in Slough Creek as one with nature.

Post by deedeedragonwolf » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:54 am

Shusuke wrote:I'm okay with the polls staying open, but I'm still baffled by how many people voted for #3.Why #3? D': It seems like the worst option to me [still sticking with not liking domino effect metaphor]. But this is just my opinion.
I;m with Shusuke really. D: Option 3 doesn't really appeal to me because it takes too much time.

Scenario:

Your sitting down happily, watching your pups play while your mate is out hunting. Its a lazy day and everything seems perfect.
Just then a coyote appears! And he's dangerously close to your pups!
You have to cycle from sitting to lying down before FINALLY standing, at which point you've lost 2 of your pups. D:

*End scene*

Nah, I don't like it. >.<

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:32 am

^ They'd probably make you automatically stand up after the predator cam zooms in on the predator.

But if they didn't, you'd have to go through the "would you like to sleep?" thing too. o3o It would be very bothersome.

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:38 am

Shusuke wrote:^ They'd probably make you automatically stand up after the predator cam zooms in on the predator.

But if they didn't, you'd have to go through the "would you like to sleep?" thing too. o3o It would be very bothersome.
I have to agree with Shusuke there, I changed my vote from option 3 to 7 when the option became available.
I really like Shusuke's idea on that, it seems to work with the game more. Now that I look at it, option 3 could become a bit more frustrating if you where in specific situations such as your pups being in danger, and also seems to be more work to get a wolf to, sit, stand, and lay down ect.
If they didn't have the wolf automatically stand up with the encounter, which I believe may be hard to program into the game?

Also, if you really think about it. If you just wanted to sit, and then if you felt like standing up again. You'd have to go through the entire sleep before standing cycle which could become frustrating after a while aswell.

BlueWulf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BlueWulf » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:50 am

Zethra wrote:
Shusuke wrote:^ They'd probably make you automatically stand up after the predator cam zooms in on the predator.

I have to agree with Shusuke there, I changed my vote from option 3 to 7 when the option became available.
I really like Shusuke's idea on that, it seems to work with the game more. Now that I look at it, option 3 could become a bit more frustrating if you where in specific situations such as your pups being in danger, and also seems to be more work to get a wolf to, sit, stand, and lay down ect.
If they didn't have the wolf automatically stand up with the encounter, which I believe may be hard to program into the game?

Also, if you really think about it. If you just wanted to sit, and then if you felt like standing up again. You'd have to go through the entire sleep before standing cycle which could become frustrating after a while aswell.
I totally agree!
:mrgreen:

zizymala
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by zizymala » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:38 am

I dont really like EVERY one enough 2 vote.If I were make an option this would b it:pressing Z will make u sleep(for multi/single player).L will make u lay (for multi/single player).S will make u sit (for multi/single player).For sleeping in Mulit player u dont select how long u sleep,u just sit there and sleep.Sleep/sitting/laying should affect ur energy bar.It should give u a energy bonus 4 a little bit (depending how long u did it).For Single player u click an option and it will look like this the option thing:

How long would you like to sleep?
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 hours.

U can click the numbers.Then lets say u pick 9 after 9 seconds u wake up (2 speed things up).If u wake up in a would-be-night-time time the sky will b dark.

EDIT-In the game u should b able 2 click teh #

ShizukaHyuga
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ShizukaHyuga » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:34 pm

This seems like a good idea. But wouldn't it be frusterating if you accidently press teh Z/R button when a coyote comes up, and you have to wait for the animation of sitting, lieing down, and finally standing up before you can chase down the coyote? I hope the animation of sitting and lieing down doesn't take that long, in case of an emergency need to stand up again.

I do have one idea, that you could press r to lie down, and to get up, you just press an arrow key and your wolf will get up and move again. And while lieing down, you could press z to sleep.

wolfie146
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by wolfie146 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:04 pm

i like option 3... i think it would be easier for the players just to have one button to sit, lie down, and sleep and stand. to tell ya the truth (and dont take it personally) i dont really care what is added! :3 i just cant wait for the new version to be released! :3 :3 :3

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Shusuke wrote:
WQ Coordinator wrote:Shusuke- I think maybe you are actually a secret part of the WolfQuest Team and I just haven't met you yet. Perhaps you even know more than I do...

So everyone, please direct your questions about 2.5 to Shusuke. :D
(JUST KIDDING!!)
I'm WQ's Secret Santa then =D

I'm okay with the polls staying open, but I'm still baffled by how many people voted for #3.Why #3? D': It seems like the worst option to me [still sticking with not liking domino effect metaphor]. But this is just my opinion.
Dude, I totally agree! That's why I formed my Idea, which is a little easier, and wouldn't be that much more programming.
~Frodo

-_Eclipse_-
Pup
Pup

Post by -_Eclipse_- » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:04 pm

I can't choose! Let me see op 1? Or op 3?

SandraLAVixen
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SandraLAVixen » Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:40 pm

I haven't voted on this yet, but I wanted to mention an idea that I used on another wolf game project that I was on a few years ago.

In single player mode, there is a "sit" and "lie/sleep" button.

If you press the "sit" button your wolf just sits (it is not a toggle, so pressing it again does not make you stand up). It affects nothing else in the game.

The "lie/sleep" button is a bit more complicated, pressing it causes your wolf to lie down and then the time of day (TOD) accelerates, along with health regeneration. In multi-player mode, sleeping does NOT cause TOD acceleration, your wolf just sleeps there while other players go about.

For both the sit and sleep, moving your wolf causes it to get up (and in the case of sleeping in single-player, it causes time acceleration to return to 1.0x).

shasta_9292
Pup
Pup

Post by shasta_9292 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:56 am

I think option 7 is the best. Personally, i think it would be quite annoying to have to lie down after sitting, just so i can stand up again. 7 seems to be the most logical option to me because you can lie down and sit manualy, and you can stand up from either position, not just from laying down. I also think it's the most realistic, which is one thing the game strives for.

Evalina
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Evalina » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:35 am

IDEA:
In single player; I think that we should have a letter like "R" for sitting, press it again for the wolf to lie down and another different letter like "X" to stand from any of the positions- sitting, laying down or sleeping. As for sleeping i think we should press a letter like "Z" to sleep and a pop-up will come up about how long you would like to sleep\ if you would like to sleep untill the next day.
In multiplayer; Same as single player, Except, for sleeping i think we should press a letter like "Z" to sleep- instead of a pop-up asking if you would like to sleep untill the next day/ how long you would like to sleep as i think it should be in single player, it should only show the wolf in a sleeping motion that will not affect the time of day and therefore will not affect the other players.
This will allow the players to sit, lay down, and sleep both in multiplayer and single player, giving the game a more realistic feel. :wink:
Cant wait for wq 2.5 :D
If this is too much, then i think option 7 is definately the best :)

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:06 am

Evalina wrote:IDEA:
In single player; I think that we should have a letter like "R" for sitting, press it again for the wolf to lie down and another different letter like "X" to stand from any of the positions- sitting, laying down or sleeping. As for sleeping i think we should press a letter like "Z" to sleep and a pop-up will come up about how long you would like to sleep\ if you would like to sleep untill the next day.
In multiplayer; Same as single player, Except, for sleeping i think we should press a letter like "Z" to sleep- instead of a pop-up asking if you would like to sleep untill the next day/ how long you would like to sleep as i think it should be in single player, it should only show the wolf in a sleeping motion that will not affect the time of day and therefore will not affect the other players.
This will allow the players to sit, lay down, and sleep both in multiplayer and single player, giving the game a more realistic feel. :wink:
Cant wait for wq 2.5 :D
If this is too much, then i think option 7 is definately the best :)
Hi.
Your idea is very similar to #6, save for the sleeping in multiplayer thing. I do think that it is more realistic, and less of an irritation to be able to stand up from either position, instead of having to sit and lie down before standing/sleeping.
~Frodo

SilverB
Pup
Pup

Post by SilverB » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:41 pm

SOOO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!! Oops sorry, i like caps lock, :lol: Can't wait! it'll be soo fun when it comes out!

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”