Your ideas for 'resting' in the game

Archived news, updates and announcements.

Which option do you like best?

Option 1
10%
Option 2
12%
Option 3
52%
Option 4
5%
Option 5
9%
Option 6
7%
Option 7
5%
Option 8 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
0%
Option 9 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
No votes
Option 10 (do not vote on this option until it is described in the first post)
0%

Total votes: 430

ImmortalAlchemist
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Your ideas for 'resting' in the game

Post by ImmortalAlchemist » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:19 pm

I think you should still go along with 'Z' for sleeping but I think you should do 'S' for sit. And then just press the button again to stand. The time fly thing is a good idea too.

Leafstep
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Leafstep » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:31 pm

I really like number 3 I cannot wait for 2.5 too come out :D wishing you good luck wolf quest looking forward too playing Wolfquest 2.5 and merry christmas and happy new year :)

silverwolf7392
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by silverwolf7392 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:45 am

I think it would make sense to have one key, such as R or something, toggle between sitting and lying, and another key such as U or something to make the wolf stand up from either position. Then a key like Z could bring up the sleeping pop-up menu. For example, press R once to sit, press again to lie down, press again to return to sitting, press again to lie down... and from either position you could press U to stand up. Or Frodo1's options sounded good. Really, I just wouldn't like to toggle through all 3 options, 'cause I play with mostly the keyboard and having to click a pop-up if I didn't want to sleep would just be a bit of an interruption. Having a separate key would make it that much faster to do exactly what you wanted. But no matter how it's implemented, it sounds very cool! :D

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:19 am

I voted for option 5, but I was going to vote for option 3. I voted for option 5 because I saw it was similar to 3, but had the 'time you wake up' option. I think people either don't want the 'time you wake up' option, or didn't see it in option 5. Or maybe I'm just confused. :lol:

I hope there will be more actions in the new WolfQuest, it would make it more realistic.

silverstar24
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by silverstar24 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:43 pm

Here's my idea:
I think there should be separate keys for sitting and lying down.
Ex. B to sit, R to lie down.
You press B once to sit, again to stand up. Same for r.
If you want to sleep, you would have to press a button while lying down, (ex. z) and a window would come up to ask when you would like to wake up.
(pressing z would only work if you are lying down)

I think this idea would work best because most people would get annoyed if they always had to lie down and answer the sleeping window before they could stand up if they just wanted to stand up out of a sitting position.

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:26 pm

jaguartail wrote:It's Defintely not going to happen this year, Cana says they still have a long way to go, so I also doubt that it'll be released in the first half of 2011.

Also, I wonder, why was AM Deluxe completed in just 4 months, while 2.5 has already gone through that time of delevopment, and is nowhere near completion?
It honestly depends. What exactly was put in AM Deluxe? If it was finished in four months, then I doubt it was something as dramatic as weather and time.

Cana said something around before development of 2.5 began that there hasn't been very many studies on how weather affects wolves, so they're probably trying to get as much realistic information for it as possible, that and trying to think of ways to implement how weather would change.

If we have to timeskip to change day and night, that means that there won't be moving clouds forming for rain (at least I think), so it probably will mean that they need to think of ways to make it realistic with sky changes, etc.

Weather and Time is a big step, I think, compared to whatever was put into AM Deluxe. There wasn't much in AM Deluxe as I remember, so I'm not sure if it's a good comparison when it comes to 2.5.

BlueWulf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BlueWulf » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:21 pm

(Yay! I can post!)

I like Option 5 best. I think It is similar to Option 3 but you can choose what time of day you wake up in, rather than just sleeping.

NancyDrewFan9000
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by NancyDrewFan9000 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:27 pm

An Option the WQ Team may want to consider:
The "Z" button (To make the wolf sleep) is more understandable than the "R" button because everyone knows if you are drawing a picture of someone sleeping, they would put "Z"s above their head, not "R"s!

Good: Zzzzzzzz......
Bad: Rrrrrrrr.....
P.S. It would look like the wolf is mad if the "R"s were on top of the wolf's head! + It would look kinda weird if "Z"s or "R"s would be coming out of the wolf's head, anyway! :D

BlueWulf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by BlueWulf » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:31 pm

NancyDrewFan9000 wrote:An Option the WQ Team may want to consider:
The "Z" button (To make the wolf sleep) is more understandable than the "R" button because everyone knows if you are drawing a picture of someone sleeping, they would put "Z"s above their head, not "R"s!

Good: Zzzzzzzz......
Bad: Rrrrrrrr.....
P.S. It would look like the wolf is mad if the "R"s were on top of the wolf's head! + It would look kinda weird if "Z"s or "R"s would be coming out of the wolf's head, anyway! :D
I agree NancyDrewFan9000. I don't growl in my sleep. :lol:

Kipcha28

Post by Kipcha28 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Shusuke wrote:
jaguartail wrote:It's Defintely not going to happen this year, Cana says they still have a long way to go, so I also doubt that it'll be released in the first half of 2011.

Also, I wonder, why was AM Deluxe completed in just 4 months, while 2.5 has already gone through that time of delevopment, and is nowhere near completion?
It honestly depends. What exactly was put in AM Deluxe? If it was finished in four months, then I doubt it was something as dramatic as weather and time.
Amethyst Mountain Deluxe included Grizzly bears (and the music that comes with them), the two ponds (it was just dry ground originally), the mate joining you (the original plan was to have you wander alone until the second episode) and therefore the things that come with the mate (health, stats, "rearview mirror"), being able to bow and wag tail in Multi (you couldn't in single yet), the pack rally in multi. And a couple bugfixes and little things like the fact that it makes a "chime" when you enter a territory.

So, overall, it wasn't that big a change, just the mate joining you was the biggest. With the weather and time in this, those are huge changes. And, as Shusuke pointed out, they need to have it accurately portray wolf life. The things in Amethyst Mountain Deluxe didn't need as much research and planning.

Jinkrules
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Jinkrules » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:17 pm

I like option 6, because you can control wheather you want to sit or lie down, and neiter are just controled by if your wolf hasnt moved in a while. I also like it because if you're sitting, you can press a different key to stand up right from your sitting position, instead of having to lie down then sit up. I think this is the most convienent. Having to sit, then lie down, THEN stand up could get annoying. It would be much better to be able to sit, press another key and stand right up :mrgreen:

dragon90l
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by dragon90l » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:51 am

when do you think this will come out and #3 is not bad its like your playing a game that you have to hit the same button to be a car and a meacha

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:23 am

So far, I'll have to stick with option 3.
The other options sounds great, but option 3 appeals to me a bit more. I'll continue reading over any new options in case those sound a bit better.^^

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Through my eyes with everyone choosing option 3, it's a total nightmare.

I understand that it's simple, useful, and is manageable, but the way it describes it is a function quite similar to dominos in a row. You cannot get to one without knocking all of the others down.

I'd like to just have "sleep" as its own key so that I can go through laying or sitting without fussing over a time skip request.

It makes me think of silly elevator music, how tedious that option is in its simpleness.

D':

I prefer any idea that doesn't include all three things in the same button. Just because they imply rest doesn't mean they are the same thing.

Laying down/sitting and sleeping are completely different concepts and therefore should remain separate in my opinion.

Cazzo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Cazzo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:50 pm

I'd like if you can use R for Rest, S for Sit and Z for Sleep, and the instruction board can be shown by pressing Esc and then choose something like "Instructions/Help" that shows what buttons you can press.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”