Moderator Update

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Re: Moderator Update

Post by WQ Coordinator » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Hello, all. I just wanted to clarify a few things. Since this announcement, we've noticed an outpouring of people showing how they want to be a moderator by putting statements in their signatures, or trying to be extra 'helpful' by correcting people in the forums. Please note- all moderators are chosen based on applications, then on activity, helpfulness, and pleasantness on the forums. I will not be adding any new moderators anytime soon unless a number of our current moderators suddenly leave or become inactive, and the next batch of moderators will be chosen on a new round of applications, if we even ever need any more new moderators. So please, do yourself and me a favor and don't PM me or current moderators, post, or put in your signature how you'd like to be a moderator- this only convinces me that you're trying too hard to beg for moderator status and not earning it. If you have more questions about how moderators are chosen, please refer to the WolfQuest FAQ topic about it. Thanks!

Note- if you see people doing the things mentioned above, please feel free to quote this post. It won't help you become a moderator, but it'll still be helpful! Thanks!
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

-Spider-
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by -Spider- » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:27 pm

i have been seeing lots of people doing that i did myslef :oops: but then i said to myself maybe this is wrong so i took it off

fireburning
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by fireburning » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:58 pm

congrats both of you hope you like green!!!

slickfire
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: sitting in a dark room covered in blood... alone...

Post by slickfire » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:08 pm

congrats you both earned it have fun with the green names!!!

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:51 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:Hello, all. I just wanted to clarify a few things. Since this announcement, we've noticed an outpouring of people showing how they want to be a moderator by putting statements in their signatures, or trying to be extra 'helpful' by correcting people in the forums. Please note- all moderators are chosen based on applications, then on activity, helpfulness, and pleasantness on the forums. I will not be adding any new moderators anytime soon unless a number of our current moderators suddenly leave or become inactive, and the next batch of moderators will be chosen on a new round of applications, if we even ever need any more new moderators. So please, do yourself and me a favor and don't PM me or current moderators, post, or put in your signature how you'd like to be a moderator- this only convinces me that you're trying too hard to beg for moderator status and not earning it. If you have more questions about how moderators are chosen, please refer to the WolfQuest FAQ topic about it. Thanks!

Note- if you see people doing the things mentioned above, please feel free to quote this post. It won't help you become a moderator, but it'll still be helpful! Thanks!
I actually found it quite silly that people were putting this in their signatures. Anyway, this will help clear things up, thanks for that, Cana!

Congrats again on the recent modding, you two!

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:44 am

WQ Coordinator wrote:Hello, all. I just wanted to clarify a few things. Since this announcement, we've noticed an outpouring of people showing how they want to be a moderator by putting statements in their signatures, or trying to be extra 'helpful' by correcting people in the forums. Please note- all moderators are chosen based on applications, then on activity, helpfulness, and pleasantness on the forums. I will not be adding any new moderators anytime soon unless a number of our current moderators suddenly leave or become inactive, and the next batch of moderators will be chosen on a new round of applications, if we even ever need any more new moderators. So please, do yourself and me a favor and don't PM me or current moderators, post, or put in your signature how you'd like to be a moderator- this only convinces me that you're trying too hard to beg for moderator status and not earning it. If you have more questions about how moderators are chosen, please refer to the WolfQuest FAQ topic about it. Thanks!

Thanks for making that annoucement Cana; its been quite confusing having this occurance and I do agree, you need to work for the posistion as a moderator and not seem that you are begging for it, I hope this is limited down! Thanks for clearing that up.

On another note; Thanks again everyone!

Hopeasaur

Post by Hopeasaur » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:51 am

Thanks for posting this Cana, its very helpful. I agree, being a moderator is not something you can just be given, its for those who earned it and worked hard, just like Silverhybrid and sSilvers have done, and knowing them two, they are suited for the job and have already done really well! =D

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:14 am

Thanks for the announcement, Cana, and for the encouraging comments!

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:15 am

Thanks for posting that Cana. I agree, being a moderator is something that is earned, not just given out to you because your begging for it.

-x-Zaroque-x-
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by -x-Zaroque-x- » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:09 am

Also - adding to Cana - Your suppost to enjoy yourself on the forum, don't "Waste" your time in acting or protending to be a moderator, although iots everyones dream, enjoy yourself while it lasts, you never know. You might have to do something sudden like leave.

I am sure you guys won't go inactive though Silver and sSilvers!

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:24 am

On top of that, please do not forget you can be very helpful without being a moderator - think of reporting inappropriate behaviour on MultiPlayer, helping out the moderators reporting out-of-place posts and topics/rude posts or topics and posting in a respectful, happy way =)

-x-Zaroque-x-
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by -x-Zaroque-x- » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:27 am

It seems your getting the hang of this sSilvers ^.^

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:33 am

sSilvers wrote:On top of that, please do not forget you can be very helpful without being a moderator - think of reporting inappropriate behaviour on MultiPlayer, helping out the moderators reporting out-of-place posts and topics/rude posts or topics and posting in a respectful, happy way =)
Oh definitely, you don't need a green name just to help out, besides us moderators need you guys without you helping out and such we'd all be busy 24/7. You guys are what make the community, if there were none of you then there wouldn't even be moderators here. You all are the ones which keep the fourms going with the amount of support you give to WolfQuest, and we value the support you give :3

AlbinoWolf6
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by AlbinoWolf6 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:07 am

Thanks for the post cana I have seen many people put that in their signatures, and again congrats to sSilvers and SilverHybrid^^

Faite
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Faite » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:50 am

Congrats to both SilverHybrid and sSilver! ^^ You guys both deserve the promotion.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”