The results for the 2.5 Design Contest are in!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
ninetales
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: The results for the 2.5 Design Contest are in!

Post by ninetales » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:19 pm

Alpha Female wrote: And they aren't taking out the chatbox.
oh i thought they were ^^; heh sorry

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Don't worry, lots of people think its being taken out. ^ ^
It was an idea for the contest which didn't win, so they won't be taking it out unless necessary. :3

Anyways, I am curious to know about the weather Exiah was thinking about talking with the team about. I'm guessing rain, possibly snow and/or hail or maybe even a natural disaster or two.

ninetales
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by ninetales » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Alpha Female wrote:Don't worry, lots of people think its being taken out. ^ ^
It was an idea for the contest which didn't win, so they won't be taking it out unless necessary. :3

Anyways, I am curious to know about the weather Exiah was thinking about talking with the team about. I'm guessing rain, possibly snow and/or hail or maybe even a natural disaster or two.
i think that,
they should make it so that the maker of the chat is able to leave or take out the chatbox, for some reason... i just like the idea

LunaLynn
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by LunaLynn » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Alpha Female wrote:Don't worry, lots of people think its being taken out. ^ ^

They might add floods and strong winds too.

"I need a rest" might be good for laying down and hiding behind things if your playing hide and seek in MP. :wink: Just a thought.
:wink:

+Fell+
Pup
Pup

Post by +Fell+ » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:30 am

Are they taking out the chatbox in multiplayer??? And another thing the chat box now dosent let you say your gender like this male or female!!! :evil:
Last edited by +Fell+ on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Amaris-
Name: Amar

Post by -Amaris- » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:33 am

+Fell+ wrote:Are they taking out the chatbox in multiplayer??? And another thing the chat box now dosent let you say your gender like this male or female!!! :evil:
They aren't really going to take it out, you gain an option if you want it on the game or you don't want.

Anyway, if you’d like to discuss the chatbox you can go here, ok? ^^
Chatbox, good or bad?:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25359

Atropine
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Atropine » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:55 am

+Fell+ wrote:Are they taking out the chatbox in multiplayer??? And another thing the chat box now dosent let you say your gender like this male or female!!! :evil:
Also, there's a quote from Cana regarding the removal of male/female from the lexicon:
WQ Coordinator wrote: I've decided things have finally gone far enough to warrant removing 'male' and 'female' from the lexicon. While I do understand that the majority of people are using these words appropriately and have no intent to do any harm or participate in inappropriate chat, there have been too many abuse reports (with proof! thank you!) that lead me to believe that this must be the next step in trying to move people away from this continuing mating nonsense. People saying things like "but if we can say it, then it's allowed" was the last straw, and I'm sorry if this decision causes trouble for those of you who have always acted appropriately.

+Fell+
Pup
Pup

Post by +Fell+ » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:57 am

Atropine wrote:
Also, there's a quote from Cana regarding the removal of male/female from the lexicon:
WQ Coordinator wrote: I've decided things have finally gone far enough to warrant removing 'male' and 'female' from the lexicon. While I do understand that the majority of people are using these words appropriately and have no intent to do any harm or participate in inappropriate chat, there have been too many abuse reports (with proof! thank you!) that lead me to believe that this must be the next step in trying to move people away from this continuing mating nonsense. People saying things like "but if we can say it, then it's allowed" was the last straw, and I'm sorry if this decision causes trouble for those of you who have always acted appropriately.
Thanks for the Cana Atropine!

FangZona Claw
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by FangZona Claw » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:07 am

Now i am exited for the new version. Congrats to all :D !

LunaLynn
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by LunaLynn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:23 am

+Fell+ wrote:
Atropine wrote:
Thanks for the Cana Atropine!
Thanks for making that clear. :wink:

AlbinoWolf6
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by AlbinoWolf6 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:25 am

wolf-lover3390 wrote:
AlbinoWolf6 wrote:I am excited for the "I need a rest" idea too^^ It will be fun just to have a lazy day and sleep and hang out with your pups
The pups will hardly give you a chance to lay down. :lol:

I'm very exited for the new ediions to the game!They'll make it much more fun and educational. :mrgreen:
I agree! xD The weather is going to be awesome^^ I am curious on what the team and exiah think of! =D

LunaLynn
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by LunaLynn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:48 am

AlbinoWolf6 wrote:
wolf-lover3390 wrote:
AlbinoWolf6 wrote:I am excited for the "I need a rest" idea too^^ It will be fun just to have a lazy day and sleep and hang out with your pups
The pups will hardly give you a chance to lay down. :lol:

I'm very exited for the new ediions to the game!They'll make it much more fun and educational. :mrgreen:
I agree! xD The weather is going to be awesome^^ I am curious on what the team and exiah think of! =D
Ya! maybe they'll tell us what ideas they came up with after the meeting. :mrgreen:

- Skyler -
Pup
Pup
Location: I'm awesomeeeee, I'm SO awesomeeee, I am THE AWESOMEEE! And obviously, I'm very modest. :)

Post by - Skyler - » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 am

A late congratulations from me too for Exiah and Cama and all the rest of the finalists! =^-^= I bet the next version is gonna be awesome, I'm looking forward to play it! <3

LunaLynn
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by LunaLynn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:51 am

- Skyler - wrote:A late congratulations from me too for Exiah and Cama and all the rest of the finalists! =^-^= I bet the next version is gonna be awesome, I'm looking forward to play it! <3
Me too! I can't wait. :mrgreen:

blackclaw78
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by blackclaw78 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:44 am

congradulaions guys i cant wait for the weather and time part (personaly i forgot to vote cause i couldent find out how (or i wasent looking hard enough :| ) and i am glad for you guys (i cant wait!!!)

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”