The results for the 2.5 Design Contest are in!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

The results for the 2.5 Design Contest are in!

Post by WQ Coordinator » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:07 am

Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2.5 Design Contest- with over 900 contest entries and well over 500 people voting in the polls, this has been, by far, the biggest contest we’ve ever created, and has been really exciting for all involved.

Your votes have determined the Grand Prize Winner- Exiah, with her description for Weather and Time. She and a guardian will receive a free trip to Minnesota to meet with the WolfQuest Development Team to decide how to best implement her ideas into WolfQuest version 2.5. Congratulations, Exiah!

Also, congratulations to all the finalists! Each finalist will receive a WolfQuest patch. Following are the usernames associated with each of the Big Ideas- feel free to congratulate them all in this topic, rather than overwhelming them with PMs and e-mails.
  • •Bison- Kivia
    •Cougars- Frodo1
    •Multiplayer Should Be More Like Single Player- ara-tun
    •Pup or Full Grown- NorthernBound
The Game Enhancements winner has also been decided: I need a Rest, submitted by Cama! The other two top Game Enhancement finalists will receive a WolfQuest t-shirt. Congratulations, ara-tun (for the Calves and Cubs idea) and breannakristine (for the Pups/Dens idea). The finalists from the previous poll (who responded to the e-mail with their address) will all receive a WolfQuest embroidered patch. Following are the remaining usernames associated with each of the Game Enhancements- feel free to congratulate them all in this topic, rather than overwhelming them with PMs and e-mails.
  • •Brave Bear- Mistystar96
    •Chatbox Removed!- Asheek
    •Deleting games- Darkfurbp
    •Elk Fatigue- Firehero
    •Food Conversion- Hermione Granger
    •Goals/Achievements- wolf567
    •Sneaky Wolves- wookie99
    •Stalking Adjustment- chickiefoo
    •Take Control of Your Chat- Aurora9599
Original Message:
What about the Game Enhancements finalists? Well, after much discussion, we’ve decided to have a follow-up poll for the Game Enhancements. Because everyone voted on three of their favorites, we want to give everyone one last chance to choose their ultimate favorite idea, out of the top ideas decided by the last poll. We also discussed the implementation of what had been the top idea in the Game Enhancements poll, and we feel that, with the available funding we’d realistically have leftover from the Weather and Time idea, choosing between calves or cubs would be a better way to spend the money. Rather than adding both calves and cubs but not being able to implement them as well as we’d like, we thought it would be better to allow one of these choices to really affect gameplay, assuming one of these options is still the top choice. So, starting Tuesday, we will hold another poll and everyone will have one last chance to vote on their favorite Game Enhancement out of these choices:
  • •Calves
    •Cubs
    •I Need a Rest
    •Pups/Dens
After this new poll has ended, the usernames for the Game Enhancements finalists will be revealed. Each of the finalists in this second poll (who kept their identity a secret until officially announced) will receive one WolfQuest t-shirt, and the finalists with the top idea will receive two WolfQuest t-shirts. Each of the other finalists in the Game Enhancements category (who responded to the congratulatory e-mail) will receive a WolfQuest patch.
You may now comment on both the Big Ideas and Game Enhancement suggestions. There are no estimate release dates for Episode 2.5 at this point. Remember, Exiah will be in Minnesota in early September to discuss her idea, so the idea needs to be developed and implemented into the game and the bugs worked out before the game will be released. So please be patient. Also, while we know we can only include the winning idea in the Big Ideas category, if there is funding available, we may be able to add more Game Enhancements than just the winning idea. Which additional Game Enhancements would be determined by funding and programming time/difficulty, not by an extra poll.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Hazelmoon
Pup
Pup

Re: The results for the 2.5 Design Contest are in!

Post by Hazelmoon » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:12 am

Thanks for posting this Cana :D I can't wait for 2.5 to come out, especially with added weather and time!

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:21 am

Thank you very much for posting this thread Cana! Congratulations to the Big Ideas winner; Exiah for her Weather and Time idea, I hope that you have a fantastic time on your special trip to visit the WolfQuest Team ^^ However, all the idea were great overall, well done to all finalists.

I look forward to when the information for the other category is decided, and I also look forward to the second poll.
Last edited by Masika on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:22 am

Congratulations Exiah! I cannot wait for weather and time to be added to the game; have fun in Minnesota!
Congrats to all of the other finalists as well for doing such a great job with those ideas. =D

I shall be looking forward to the new poll as well; quite exciting that this is still going on =3

I'm just happy that the Big Idea part is over; very stressful x3 So again, congratulations^^

Larkarl
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Larkarl » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:27 am

Good job to all finalists and congratulations to Exiah! You're going to have a lot of fun in Minnesota. ^^

Larka the white wolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Larka the white wolf » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:28 am

Congratulations to Exiah and all the finalists! The next WolfQuest is going to be so much fun! This Weather and time idea is going to be so exciting, and I bet it'll feel like a way different WolfQuest!

NightCreed
Pup
Pup

Post by NightCreed » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:28 am

Congrats Exiah, I hope you have a awesome time in Minnesota! I cant wait for the next forum and for Weather and Time to be on WolfQuest. Also congratulations to the other finalist! :mrgreen:

Swifty
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Name: Wildtale

Post by Swifty » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:36 am

Congrats Exiah! Can't wait to see what it will be like to have Weather and Time added. :mrgreen:

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Now that weather and time will be added in the next update, I'm probably not going to play WQ until then. xD i will warp my memories of how to master this game and then start anew with the weather and time added.

Congrats Exiah for winning!

Congrats to Kivia, frodo, ara-tun, and NorthernBound. Your ideas were very descriptive and made it very difficult to decide my vote!

Time to await for the poll for the next part. :3

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Congratulations to all the finalists, and Exiah, have a blast in Minnesota!

NoodleTheAnything
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by NoodleTheAnything » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:22 pm

Congrats Exiah for winning for winning, that is also a great idea of time and weather! I can't wait for that to happen in the game! Good job to all the finalists! I shall be looking and spying and waiting for the next poll.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:36 pm

Congratulations, Exiah!
You had a really cool idea, and I liked it a lot!
Personally, I've always wanted to escape a forest fire on WolfQuest... :D
Congratulations to all the other finalists too, and I can't wait to see which game enhancement wins!
-Frodo

she wolf
Yearling
Yearling
Location: • In Halo 3 help'n Master Chief and Arbiter save the world •

Post by she wolf » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:47 pm

congrads hope its fun !

and yay this is going to be a fun game and geat ideas everyone :)
most of the things i voted for are on the final
!
Last edited by she wolf on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Glacier-
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by -Glacier- » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:04 pm

Congratulations, Exiah! The Weather and Time idea is going to be awesome in the game! I hope you have fun meeting with the WQ team in Minnesota! ^^

Congratulations to all the finalists, too! Everyone's ideas were great. :3

I can't wait to vote in the next poll and see which game enhancement wins! :D

wq47 HawkTail
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by wq47 HawkTail » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:33 pm

YAY!!!!!! Congrats, Exiah! Wow, weather and time will sure be exciting :D
Last edited by wq47 HawkTail on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”