Calling for New Forum Moderators

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Re: Calling for New Forum Moderators

Post by Masika » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Whoa! 97 applicants!! Oh My you do have some very hard work on your hands Cana eh? xD Also thanks for telling us the amount of mods your going to choose since I was wondering that for a while now ^^ Also its interesting that your doing the same thing as you did when choosing the mods last year =D Well Good luck with those applications Cana you'll need it! Also good luck to everyone (97 people to be excat xD)

Wolf Runner1
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Currently? Probably either: Pluto, or Saturn. Feel free to check both places.

Post by Wolf Runner1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:04 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:Well, I think I've looked through all the applications that have come in so far, for a grand total of... 97 applicants! That's more than double what we had last year, and it will be an extremely hard decision. Since you all seemed curious, I'm currently leaning towards adding about 4 new moderators (3-5). I am basically going through the same process to choose as I did with the last batch of new moderators, and I did start that process with the first application. (Which is a good thing, because reading through 97 applications now would take quite a while.) I will still consider anyone who e-mails me their application before midnight tonight (Central Standard Time), though I hope there aren't many more left, and I hope people are only applying if they know they'll be dedicated, helpful, and kind.

It will be fun to see some new green names on the forums. I'm looking forward to it. :mrgreen:
Thank you Cana! 97 people is a ton of people to go through, and I'm so grateful for your spending time in finding the right people for the job. I know you’ll do a great job picking the right people. :D So thank you once again for being an awesome coordinator and working so hard on picking out people! :D You’re awesome!

Wolf Runner1

-Sheeba
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by -Sheeba » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:23 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:Well, I think I've looked through all the applications that have come in so far, for a grand total of... 97 applicants! That's more than double what we had last year, and it will be an extremely hard decision. Since you all seemed curious, I'm currently leaning towards adding about 4 new moderators (3-5). I am basically going through the same process to choose as I did with the last batch of new moderators, and I did start that process with the first application. (Which is a good thing, because reading through 97 applications now would take quite a while.) I will still consider anyone who e-mails me their application before midnight tonight (Central Standard Time), though I hope there aren't many more left, and I hope people are only applying if they know they'll be dedicated, helpful, and kind.

It will be fun to see some new green names on the forums. I'm looking forward to it. :mrgreen:
My gosh, 97 applicants! That's quite the number, it's great to see that so many people are interesting in helping out with the forum to keep it as clean and family-friendly as possible. Good luck with choosing the new Moderators, Cana, I'm also looking forward to seeing some new green names around the forum! Thanks for posting.

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:43 pm

97 applications have been sent? That is indeed quiet a handfull Cana, best of luck. I am excited on seeing new green names around the forums, it is interesting to see so many people have applied. Thanks for keeping us updated!

skinwalker3
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by skinwalker3 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:33 pm

That is a lot of applications.. You have a hard choice and a lot of work ahead of you.. I wish the best of luck, and all the new moderators. ^^

Morgrin
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Morgrin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Wow Cana, 97 applications. Thats quite a handful, and your eyes, thats alot of reading Dx. I wish the best of luck makeing your decisions and to all the new moderators choosen.

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:22 pm

The best of luck to everyone who applied! I never got around to it, though.

-Sheeba
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by -Sheeba » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Hoover wrote:The best of luck to everyone who applied! I never got around to it, though.
If you are interested in applying and feel you are ready for the commitment that being a Moderator comes with, you still have time to submit your application. Cana will be accepting applications until midnight tonight (Central Standard Time) =)

Stonei
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Stonei » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:30 pm

-x-Sheeba-x- wrote:
Hoover wrote:The best of luck to everyone who applied! I never got around to it, though.
If you are interested in applying and feel you are ready for the commitment that being a Moderator comes with, you still have time to submit your application. Cana will be accepting applications until midnight tonight (Central Standard Time) =)
Like Sheeba said you still have a little bit of time^^ And if you do not feel ready at the moment to take on this job, you can prepare for next time and just apply to be a Moderator the next time around^^

Good luck everyone^^ 97 applications are going to be hard to look through^^ But I know Cana and the team will do their best to go through them carefully and choose the best players for the job^^

Wolf Runner1
Yearling
Yearling
Location: Currently? Probably either: Pluto, or Saturn. Feel free to check both places.

Post by Wolf Runner1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:38 pm

As many have already said, you can still apply. I hope you do apply! :wink: Good luck to everyone who applied! :D

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:23 pm

97? That definitely is more than last year's 61; good luck with choosing, Cana!

x-Riley-x
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Post by x-Riley-x » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:58 pm

Wow that sure is a lot of applicants! I can only imagine how tiring it may be to have to look through them all and have to narrow them down. Good luck Cana! And best wishes to anyone who applied. ^^

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Wow, lots of applicants! Good luck choosing Cana, and good luck to everyone who applied! :)

Boltk9
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Boltk9 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Wow 97 is allot of applications to go through but i know you and the team will pick the best people for the job. Good luck to everyone who applied!

AlbinoWolf6
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by AlbinoWolf6 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:58 pm

Wow! 97 applications :shock: Good Luck Cana! :D

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”