WolfQuest Hotfix Released

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WileE
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Re: WolfQuest Hotfix Released

Post by WileE » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:32 am

The link to the zip file is in the section under Windows Installation.

Larka
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Larka » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:46 am

Blindseer wrote:the installer doent work on my computer. I have to download the zip archive
Oh, ok then. Sorry about that, I was just worried you might delete your wolf. Oops :oops: :wink:
).........(\_
((.... _/{ '`;
)).-' {{ ];
( (. ;._ \ \_

Larka
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
- Adam Savage

Team Jayfeather!!!
"I was not being weird! I was thinking, that's all. You should try it sometime."
-Jaypaw

Lyrak
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Lyrak » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:52 pm

The installer isn't working properly on my computer either. >.< I just went through a 3-hour download for nothing....
Avatar by Goldenwolf (http://goldenwolfen.com/).

Whitefang2331
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Whitefang2331 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:25 pm

I re-downloaded the game and I think it was a nice improvement especially with the interactions between the wolves at least they acctually can attack each other now. I dont get stamina when I jump. I lose it. I also got a mate for my wolf. :)
Proud female beta warrior of Undine Falls Pack!

(Avatar made by Banshee! Its MouseSky!)

National
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by National » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:36 am

Yeah. I had to reinstall the game because it would not update and kept giving errors.

Ariana
Pup
Pup

Post by Ariana » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:57 pm

Hmm, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game (since I couldn't select update game) and...I don't have a mate even though I am loading from my saved file.

Do I have to make a new game and then work from that and save it? My mate just..well..he disappears. :O I am using the most updated build too.

Btw uninstalling the game doesn't delete your wolf. :B Just thought to let anyone know that who wondered on if their wolf would be deleted if they uninstalled the game.
Avatar done by Willow. Thanks Willow! :D

ChocolateRain
Yearling
Yearling

Post by ChocolateRain » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:00 am

When it says your mate is saved this update it doesn't mean you can actually play with him/her. You'll have to wait for the next episode where you'll then be able to play with your saved mate.

Midnight Snow
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Midnight Snow » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:24 am

Just for a note: Correct me if I'm wront, but when I updated to the newest version, I still had to find my mate once again. Because even if your wolf got saved in the past version/s, the mate did not. So this most current version is the first one with proper saving function, actually.

-Midnight Snow
     You're not paranoid. You know you aren't. At least you weren't, until they started coming after you.

Lyrak
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Lyrak » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:35 am

Ariana wrote:Hmm, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game (since I couldn't select update game) and...I don't have a mate even though I am loading from my saved file.

Do I have to make a new game and then work from that and save it? My mate just..well..he disappears. :O I am using the most updated build too.

Btw uninstalling the game doesn't delete your wolf. :B Just thought to let anyone know that who wondered on if their wolf would be deleted if they uninstalled the game.
Ahhh that's what it's doing to me. Thanks for letting me know it still saves your wolves. I can now feel better about uninstalling to try again. :)
Avatar by Goldenwolf (http://goldenwolfen.com/).

Timberlake
Pup
Pup

Post by Timberlake » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:51 pm

Yeah. I had to reinstall the game because it would not update and kept giving errors.
I had the same problem. The game is so cool! I love the new animations, and I haven't tryed the new mate thing yet going to now! :)
If they could see you now
They would shurly bow
In the honor of your presence dear
You've come
The cameras blind your eye
Here's the big surprise:
Flash never lasts
You've gotta pay your way back in
Pop-Punk Is So '05- Cobra Starship

SwanSong
Pup
Pup

Post by SwanSong » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:11 pm

That would be great if it actually did save your mate, but I want to keep the 8 hour downloads to a minimum... Will you apsolutely need this updated version to play future episodes?
"A prince does not look back;
Only ahead."

Larka
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Larka » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:32 pm

SwanSong wrote:That would be great if it actually did save your mate, but I want to keep the 8 hour downloads to a minimum... Will you apsolutely need this updated version to play future episodes?
I'm guessing you probably will. In any case, it will most likely update when you download the next episode. It actually runs better in the updated version, so the long download is worth it. Just find something else to do when you're downloading it.
).........(\_
((.... _/{ '`;
)).-' {{ ];
( (. ;._ \ \_

Larka
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
- Adam Savage

Team Jayfeather!!!
"I was not being weird! I was thinking, that's all. You should try it sometime."
-Jaypaw

SwanSong
Pup
Pup

Post by SwanSong » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:57 pm

Okay, here's what I've noticed with the updated version:

The graphics and turn-based wolf interactions look so much better than the older version. I'm pleased with this.

The superwolf glitch is still present. You still have to wiggle the mouse around to get your wolf away from the carcasses.

Although I no longer get the "you still haven't found a mate yet" pop-ups now that I've found one, I still have the option to flirt and become mates with other dispersal wolves. Why? Does it really not save your mate after all? :?: Or is this an unfixed glitch?
"A prince does not look back;
Only ahead."

Ariana
Pup
Pup

Post by Ariana » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:32 am

Lyrak wrote:
Ariana wrote:Hmm, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game (since I couldn't select update game) and...I don't have a mate even though I am loading from my saved file.

Ahhh that's what it's doing to me. Thanks for letting me know it still saves your wolves. I can now feel better about uninstalling to try again. :)
No problem. :) Also thanks for the clearup ChocolateRain! I guess I misunderstood it when I first read it.
Avatar done by Willow. Thanks Willow! :D

snowwolf776
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by snowwolf776 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:45 am

I went to get the update to,but it didn't update nothing. It put Wolfquest on my computer twice.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”