Ask WQ Coordinator- the WolfQuest Live Q&A

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Wolph
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Ask WQ Coordinator- the WolfQuest Live Q&A

Post by Wolph » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:02 pm

Well, I'm out of questions. I'm sure I'll get hit with a whole bunch after this is locked again, though. Thanks for the Answers Cana! :mrgreen:
╚╗Military╔╝
Olympics Team USA
_____ ѦԌѦТЄ CRЄЄҠ PѦCҠ
______________♠ gυαя∂ιαη ♠
2010 мαя¢н υѕєя σf тнє мσитн
Know as ✦ αямуωσℓf (αяму) ✦ and ♠ ωσℓρн ♠
Avatar © me - coloradospirit13.deviantart.com

Kovu-Ice-Crete
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kovu-Ice-Crete » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:02 pm

I have a goldendoodle and a mini goldendoodle they the stardand hates the pup
.... (\_/)
.... {. .''-;
(..../....\
\_ (.)_.\_\_

__________*Proud Messenger of the UndineFalls Pack*_________

(C) Avatar: ArisenFlames

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:02 pm

Hopefully we do have another one of these sessions. ^^ They are quite interesting and fun.

XD I have 14 parakeets, a cockatiel, 2 goats, 2 minature horses, 50+ chickens, a rabbit, and 3 cats.

Bye everyone! (It's locking time now.)

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

Cloudsky

Post by Cloudsky » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:03 pm

U know whats sad... about a half an our ago one of my dogs ran out of our gate and we cant finds him... what if he gets hit by a car? wah!

Kovu-Ice-Crete
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Kovu-Ice-Crete » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:03 pm

Redsky wrote:Hopefully we do have another one of these sessions. ^^ They are quite interesting and fun.

XD I have 14 parakeets, a cockatiel, 2 goats, 2 minature horses, 50+ chickens, a rabbit, and 3 cats.

Bye everyone! (It's locking time now.)
LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!1 :shock:
.... (\_/)
.... {. .''-;
(..../....\
\_ (.)_.\_\_

__________*Proud Messenger of the UndineFalls Pack*_________

(C) Avatar: ArisenFlames

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:04 pm

Rip-Tide666 wrote:dont wolves also mark their territory by howling?
sloughcreekpack101rp wrote:i think i know how wolves could also mark their terrritorys. by scratching the ground and trees? :idea:
Shaniaa wrote:Cana, as for the scenting thing, some time ago I heard on a wolf fact site thing that some wolves rub their paws against the ground because of the scent glands there? Not sure if it's accurate or not xD
We will also be using howling as a way to mark territory. Scratching is more a bear thing- bears and actually elk will scratch mark their territory. Though you probably won't see that in this game, unfortunately. Shaniaa, I know deer have scent glands between their toes- it may also be true for wolves, but if so, not to the same extent. They mostly rely on urination and rubbing for scent marking.

Great answers, guys! :)
Cooldog86 wrote:This was soooooooooooooo FUN to read!!!!! One more little question, will there be more bull elk!? :!: :|
I don't believe we're changing the dynamics of the elk herds at all, but I could be wrong.
Ammyluva wrote:Alright. Hope I'm not asking too many too quickly. o.o

Do the elk situate themselves near the river? or do they keep to the trees more? (As in their 'territory', so to speak.)

I read something about all the vegetation by the river dying because of the elk eating it, and when wolves were re-introduced as a way to control numbers of elk; they didn't reduce numbers much. Instead, elk had to become more weary of predators and stopped browsing by the river as often because wolves could easily hunt them there... Or something like that. I think it was actually in referance to Yellowstone too.
Elk actually change territories based on time of year, in real life. They typically move up to more mountainous areas in the spring/summer, then go down to valleys in the winter, I believe. At least they did in Colorado when I was there. :) But in our game, they'll be placed a little more randomly, I believe. I don't think we've actually determined the exact elk herd locations yet.
larka123 wrote:ok another question before this ends

um would howling count as mrking your territory?

and...
in one of the sences i saw some thing that looked like fog over the river. was this i glitch or was it really there?
We have not programmed any fog... though perhaps it was a reflection of clouds?

Alrightie, I'm going to lock 'er down, but I'll respond to the questions posted before I lock it.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Songdog
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Songdog » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:05 pm

-giggle-

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:09 pm

babyballerarh wrote:Will you be having another one of these WQ Live Question and Answer sessions?
Probably not- I'll be spending my time presenting about WolfQuest and helping make sure it's released on time! :)
sloughcreekpack101rp wrote:dont they scratch the ground, trees? and they howl keeping other wolves away?
They definitely dig, but typically don't mark their territory by scratching like other animals do, to my knowledge.
jaguartail wrote:these are my last two questions!!!!!
1.what are the names of the missions?
2.will you be able to pick up pups in your mouth as depicted in the preview video?
1. I bet you can figure some of them out, and the others, well, I'm not going to tell you. :mrgreen:
2. Yes.
zxdarkwolf wrote:2nd question Since I have a so-so computer and I have to put the setting to fastest. In sc will It matter if everything looks like it does on the fastest setting?
If you currently have to have your computer set to fastest, then yes, you'll also have to keep it at fastest for Slough Creek.

Edit:
If you don't train your pups well, will it effect things like picking them up? As in, will they move away or something?
You will always be able to pick them up, but training them will affect how close they stay to you and the den.

Thanks for an enjoyable evening, all! It was fun! :)
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”