Forum Reorganization

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Forum Reorganization

Post by WQ Coordinator » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:20 am

Hi, all! I just wanted to let you know that I'm planning on reorganizing the forum a bit in the next couple weeks. I talked it over with the rest of the WolfQuest Team, and we agree that some things could be organized a little better than it is now, hopefully creating less confusion for newer members. So if you are used to seeing things in a specific area and don't see them anymore, don't panic! :)

Some things I'll be changing:
-Developer's Blog. Since we can't keep up with posting about the new episode, we don't feel it's necessary to have a separate subforum for this anymore. All the posts have been locked and moved to the General WolfQuest Discussion forum.
-Stickied topics. There are far too many stickied topics in some sections, so they'll either be merged and reorganized or just completely moved to the WolfQuest FAQ forum. I'd really like people to start using the WolfQuest FAQ and WolfQuest News and Announcements forums for official information and to answer the majority of their questions.
-WolfQuest News and Announcements. To keep the number of stickied topics down, I will change the rules for this forum- members will be able to reply to news and announcements made on this forum. We'll see how it goes, and if it gets out of hand, I'll change permissions again. But I'd really like people to read this forum for all the details of new episodes and newsletters, rather than going to 10 different topics in different forums and trying to figure out what information is accurate and what is not.
-Wolf Art & Literature. This forum and the subforums underneath it will be reorganized so the general forum is the place to discuss famous artistic/literary works about wolves. There will be two subforums- User Art and User Writings. I'll be posting users' original wolf art in the User Art section, and users can post their own writings in the User Writings section. This should make more sense.
-Other Topic Discussion. This forum's organization doesn't make a whole lot of sense, so this will be reorganized to include separate subforums for questions to/about other users and a few other things. If you use this forum regularly, again, don't panic! I plan to keep what's there, just organize it differently.

This will all take place when I have time in the next couple of weeks, so look for changes as these weeks pass. Thanks for understanding!
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Sintact

Re: Forum Reorganization

Post by Sintact » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:36 am

This is an excellent idea, Cana. I like the idea of organizing the stick topics since there are a lot of them that talk about basically the same or some of them are just ignored (Tips, Hints and Help). Good luck reorganizing the forums.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:37 am

Thanks for the information Cana! This should keep me away from quite a surprise. Probably need to get used to it, but I will =D

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:00 am

Agreed with Sintact, this is a great idea in order to help to keep the forum a bit more organized - good luck with the re-organization.
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:50 am

Good idea! I'm sure it will help newbies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ˢ ʳ ˢ
ˢ ʳʸʰ ˢ ʰ
ˣ ˢ ʰˢ,
ʰ ʳʸʰ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

av/sig/quote © coyoteflu/LupinzPack/patty griffin

daybreak
Pup
Pup

Post by daybreak » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

This sounds like a really good idea Cana. The WQ forums aren't too bad, but they can get a bit cluttered sometimes. :D
'A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg' -Samuel Butler

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:44 pm

I still say you should have just done it all in one day, and watch people panic when they cannot find threads that were there before. :wink:

(Just Kidding!)
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

TheTube
Pup
Pup

Post by TheTube » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:53 pm

The current layout works fine for me. I don't see why it has to be changed.

I support the alliance.

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:28 pm

Good luck in organizing the forums, Cana! ^_- The differences after you are going to organize them sound good and slightly a bit more organized.

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

bloodarrow
Pup
Pup

Post by bloodarrow » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:17 pm

I agree and good luck organizeing it but i know you guys can do it no problem.
i dont feel anythings anymore
life has just been an elushion the only thing
that has me going is
Love

I am Ranger a Black Blood Worrior
and Leader Of The Elite Guards

avvi by NightShadows

Hiedidog

Post by Hiedidog » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Sounds great, Cana! That's why I didn't see the Developer's Blog today. xD
♥Kamisha♥

October 2009 Undine Falls Pack Member of the Month

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:49 pm

Solitary- yeah, though I don't think anyone would've freaked out too badly, I didn't think it would be a great idea to just *poof* change the forum all at once with no warning.

And some of you may not notice much of a difference, depending on which forums you regularly visit. Especially if you mostly just post in the OTT. But overall, I think it'll make things just a bit better, even though they're not too shabby now. A little change is good. ;)
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

bloodarrow
Pup
Pup

Post by bloodarrow » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:08 pm

i agree with canna i little change would be good it will make us more ifeshient
i dont feel anythings anymore
life has just been an elushion the only thing
that has me going is
Love

I am Ranger a Black Blood Worrior
and Leader Of The Elite Guards

avvi by NightShadows

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:15 pm

The only changes I noticed is that there are not longer thousand of stickied topics, but besides that no changes I have seen. I'm not that of a good observer, even though that now I no longer visit the OTT, just in some cases.

Since Cana is looking at this topic ir just posted here; I'll send you the Guide and FAQ in one e-mail. Just wait some minutes and I'll send the documents to you.

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 am

Sounds good Cana.
Wolf567 / Blaze

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”