New Forum Moderators

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Myarru
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: New Forum Moderators

Post by Myarru » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:06 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:If we decide we need more moderators in a few months, I'll just reconsider those who already applied. If we don't need more moderators for another year or so, I'd ask people to fill out the applications again.
Okay, thanks for telling us Cana.
I Believe In Good
2010 AQHA Filly
Formerly Horseracer101
Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:07 pm

In that case, I hope they need new moderators soon, haha, but I don't think so. The new moderators are doing it good, but who knows? When school is back again everyone is going to be inactive and stuff e_o.

Good luck everyone in that case, and thanks for the info, Cana.

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:19 pm

Sooo did I answer all of your questions about moderators yet, people? :) Because if so, I'll lock this topic up since I think what's wanted to be said has been said.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

AWolfSpirit
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by AWolfSpirit » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:24 pm

I don't think my question is on topic with the new mods, so can I PM it to you? I'd perfer the whole wolfquest community not to hear. CX

shadowwolf2234
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by shadowwolf2234 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:29 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote:Sooo did I answer all of your questions about moderators yet, people? :) Because if so, I'll lock this topic up since I think what's wanted to be said has been said.
Everything's cleared up for me! Thanks Cana =)

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:13 am

I see no reason for continuing this discussion as well. No more questions left.

Distant Star
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Distant Star » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:15 am

WQ Coordinator wrote:If we decide we need more moderators in a few months, I'll just reconsider those who already applied. If we don't need more moderators for another year or so, I'd ask people to fill out the applications again.
Thanks Cana!
Due to personal family matters, I will be completely inactive for the next...well, the next while. If you want to contact me, please use the forms of contact below:

Jessica.Rose_13@yahoo.com
Stripedy-Sox.deviantART.com

Icon © Windripper!

Snowia
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Snowia » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:34 am

No. We're not cleared up yet!

I need to say Congratulations!

Midnight Snow
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Midnight Snow » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:17 am

Very well. Then this topic seems to have served its purpose. Further congratulating will have to be done via PM if you feel there's a special need to congratulate the new mods. Make sure not to pester them though.

-Midnight Snow
     You're not paranoid. You know you aren't. At least you weren't, until they started coming after you.

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:56 pm

I'm going to add one more post, as it seems this question is shared by a few people who applied for this round of moderators. Many people have asked me: "Why wasn't I picked?" or "What was wrong with my application?" So here's my explanation of the process I used to choose the moderators. I may also add this to the FAQ at some point, since I'm guessing people are pretty curious how I picked who I did. Here's what I did this time:
1) Went through each application and summarized each section into an excel table, plus added information about each applicant's join date, topic they most commonly post on, post count, and if they've received any warnings. (This took a very long time- I hope there are never more than 61 applicants!)
2) Commented on each application and gave a potential rank based on just application answers (including age) and those topics listed above.
3) Looked through posts of the top 15 or so applicants, checking for both the type of post made and how many were of either the helpful or educational variety. I also looked at how active people had been on the forums, and if they themselves had talked about not having much time to be on the forums (because if you don't even have time to keep up with your pack, you don't have enough time to moderate the entire WolfQuest Forum). Basically, I was looking for what each person has contributed to the WolfQuest Community.
4) Let current moderators send their opinions on as many applicants as they saw fit. Some commented on only the people they knew best, and some researched posts and commented on everyone.
5) Took each moderators' comments into consideration, put it together with my research and my experience with each applicant, and after careful thought, made a decision.

So, much like a real, paying job, just because you weren't picked doesn't mean someone doesn't like you or you didn't have a good application. (Especially with this batch- I was impressed with how much work many of you put into your applications and how dedicated to WolfQuest you are!) It depends greatly on the other applicants, because there's only so many moderators we're able to hire at a time. Please don't take not being chosen personally, and I do hope to see many of your applications again if there ever is another round of choosing new moderators. Until then, you can still help! Donate your money or time, and make a positive contribution to the community. You should feel good about being a positive, beneficial part of this crazy group that makes up WolfQuest.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”