Things Not To Put In A Topic Title

Topics contained within this archive have been archived from General Other Topic Discussion, Science & Technology and Sports, Adventure & Travel among others.
Memories

Re: Things Not To Put In A Topic Title

Post by Memories » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:58 am

On some computers they just show up as blocks, which is extremely inconvinient for the person trying to read the forum topic -_-

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:44 am

What about not creating topics like "The last -- you....", since all of them are getting locked and are being used for raising the post count, most all of them. Just a suggestion, though myself have participated in this kind of topics.

Memories

Post by Memories » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:26 am

Yeah, that'sa good idea, or my suggestion.. maybe post them in forum games, that way the post count doesn't raise and members can still participate..?

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:32 am

That's even a better idea since everyone enjoys knowing a little bit more about our fellows registered users and what do they do. Now let’s wait for Songdog's reply.

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:43 am

I agree with Sintact and +Ember+. I have participated in those kind of topics as well, they're not "bad", but kind of unnecessary and in the wrong category, they should be placed in Forum Games. Come to think of it, a lot of the GOTD threads are just made to raise the post count, there is hardly any real conversation about stuff happening in the outside world, just random topics asking what was the last time you ate or drank or slept.
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

Aurora Alaska
New Pack Member
New Pack Member
Location: Being in Aurora's Place of Absolute Excitement and Dullness and Oxymorons

Post by Aurora Alaska » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Sintact wrote:What about not creating topics like "The last -- you....", since all of them are getting locked and are being used for raising the post count, most all of them. Just a suggestion, though myself have participated in this kind of topics.
I kind of disagree with that, about them being moved to Forum Games and locking them. I liked how you asked us to describe the last thing. People can get into conversation there, and some people post on there for posts.

I think that there should be more info in titles, not just something like "Game" or "Foods" or "Geuss What?"
Aurora
Hope is a shining beacon. Let it lead you to your true place. Let it guide your soul.

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:31 pm

Yes, and because of that I think we saved the "Last book you read", at least by now. Some users will not respect the rules of the topic. With one that doesn't respect the topic; everyone will start following the easy path of a simple post... so it is up to the people if they want their topics locked/moved to other place of the forum.

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:13 am

Ditto, Sintact. I think we should converse more about stuff we've done (read, watched, whatever) and describe it. The Last Movie You Watched topic got locked because a lot of us just posted the name of the movie... we should have started discussions about those movies, tell people about their plots and characters and actors and what we liked about them and what we did not, and so forth.
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

Memories

Post by Memories » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:50 am

I agree with both of you; it's one thing to talk about it but just to gain post's is pretty.. low. One of my topics was locked "the last thing you did" we were accused of just trying to raise our post levels, but Sashah and i were just teasing each other, i always do different things and that's just how the game went...

AL0402
Pup
Pup
Location: Somewhere you don't know... But I can see you reading this! Better look out hon, coz I'm coming...

Post by AL0402 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:08 am

I agree with you, guys... And about the info on whatever you're talking about, the person who made it should write the rules, like on SPAM, or somethings like that...

~Raija
Avvie Requests - CLOSED till further notice

x0xHopex0x

Post by x0xHopex0x » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:47 pm

Very nice rules. I hope people don't do those. They need to stay out of trouble. :|

raggedstar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by raggedstar » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:41 pm

some of this i agree on but what if thats the persons styl? i put plz all the time just cuz....dont know i just like it!!!!! lol :mrgreen:

-Larka-
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by -Larka- » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Yeah, but although "plz" and "cuz" are quicker to type, they are also less formal, and less interesting or easy to read.

Thanks for posting this,
Songdog.

Adalae
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Adalae » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:24 pm

I agree with the chat speak=fail thing too.

I mean really, if you can't avoid not speaking chat speak for what? A 5 word title, then we have an issue.

Also if people spell things wrong it annoys me. Then I can't read it.
"Its not one of those things you can fix like you fix your bow tie.
.......... Dont give me those big wet eyes, Raggedy Man."

http://tinyurl.com/thefourclans

-Larka-
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by -Larka- » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:28 pm

I know, cant some people just check what they type?

I know that all of us make mistakes with spelling sometimes, but it cant be that hard to spell a five or six worded topic title.