Bob the Bear's Diary

Topics contained within this archive have been archived from General Other Topic Discussion, Science & Technology and Sports, Adventure & Travel among others.
BerryCupcakes
Pup
Pup
Name: Yui <3

Bob the Bear's Diary

Post by BerryCupcakes » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:56 pm

Hi everyone, and welcome to my writing of the Bob's life! (Based on what Bob does in the game sometimes) Enjoy~

Bob's point of view
Dear Diary,
Today I woke up and greeted my best friend, a girl grizzly named Bobette. I told her I would find her some food today.
She scoffed, saying that I'm not cut out for wolf pup stealing. I'll show you, Bobette!

At noon:
I looked around Slough Creek, near the Saddle Meadows den. Wolves always settle there. I don't know what's so great about it. Just another old den to me... I discovered a wolf litter there!
PREDATOR CAM NOOOO! You blew my cover! It must be all my old hibernation weight...
Insults from the wolves instantly wash over me as predator cam ends. "Dumb bear...." They say. I grimace, knowing that 5 wolves biting me 3 times results in the coding making me run away! I wish it wasn't so. Bobette and I are so hungry.... With the last bite, a wolf drives me away (Coding whyyyy) and the other wolves howl, saying, "Bye bye bear! See you at the next predator cam!" I pout as I unwillingly run away. No fair. Why does Carl get the better end?

Later:
Knowing that Bobette is still waiting for food while she spends her time cleaning our cave, I'm still searching for food. Unfortunately, I can't easily take down elk like the wolves can in this game, so I'm destined to scavenge.
I wouldn't have had it that way if it was in my control, wolves. Don't blame me.
I track down a hare, but that's not enough food for both of us. Hungry, I still kill the hare and give it to Bobette.
Bobette is so demanding. No one understands how miserable I am under the control of her. She's still my friend though, even if she IS a drama queen.

For MY food, I go to the stretch of creek closest to Saddle Meadows, where most wolves cross here with their pups.

Waiting for a fish to swim by, I spot Carl and his best friend Carla, strolling along the edges of Little Butte, chatting happily about their latest catches of wolf puppy. Hmph, at least some of us predators have manners other than to gloat. For example, at our last WQ predator meeting, Khan the cougar gloated about being able to outrun the wolves. And Carl and Carla, as usual, bragged about their teamwork and how they gang up on wolf packs.

I grumble at the thought, wondering if fish even come down this side of the creek or if I was wasting my time.
Finally, a fish comes and I eagerly hunt it, gulping it down without any guilt.

In the Evening:
I yawn, gnawing at a berry bush. I see a moose, but I pay no attention. He's not worth it.
I travel to the Bison Peak Cutoff den, where I see another litter and some adult wolves, a full pack, too!
Trying to snatch a pup, I trip and fall on all my weight. The wolves snicker and kick me out of their territory
as the pups look up with curiosity.

I manage to hunt a few hares, luckily.
END OF DAY

And that was the end of a day for Bob! Mods, if I put this in the wrong place feel free to move or lock!

2/26/17: More from Bob

Dear Diary,
It's been a few days, and I've finally convinced Bobette to stop being demanding and get out of the cave for once. All she does is sit on that big, furry rear of hers. No offense, Bobette. Not that she's reading this, anyway.

I stock up on food so Bobette and I get to explore. I look at her dark brown eyes as she sniffs a butterfly. I smile. Finally, she gets to experience the Yellowstone National Park properly. The sun is bright in the sky, reflecting off the trees in the Douglas Fir Forest. I see our reflection in a puddle on the ground from a recent rain storm. Our faces are furry and round. Just the way we like it.

I continue walking with Bobette, staying silent.

Eventually, she says to me, "Thanks for showing me this bit of Yellowstone." She smiled brightly, making me blush under my fur. This was the old Bobette that I met all those years ago. Cheerful from her change in personality, I ask her, "Shouldn't we get back to the cave? It'll be dusk soon." Bobette nods.

At the cave:
Bobette rests behind the cave rocks. I peek outside the cave, watching the sun sink below the horizon. I decide it's time to sleep.

Minutes later, I'm in a dream. This time, it's about a hunting trip with Bobette. I don't feel my weight in this dream. I'm as light as a wolf would be, and I'm gracefully snatching food, bouncing and leaping. Bobette smiles at me, then I wake up. What a nice dream!
Last edited by BerryCupcakes on Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Berries and cupcakes are nice and all, but Berry-Cupcakes are the most superior! - Me

"Your smile can change the world but don't let the world change your smile!" -Unknown

~LGBTQ+~

starstablefan_246
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Star

Re: Bob the Bear's Diary

Post by starstablefan_246 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:03 am

Haha! This made me smile! Good work and keep it up! :D
=) Everyone is on top of the world, since there is no bottom of the world =)

BerryCupcakes
Pup
Pup
Name: Yui <3

Post by BerryCupcakes » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:12 pm

starstablefan_246 wrote:Haha! This made me smile! Good work and keep it up! :D
Thanks so much! :D

I'm planning on making more WQ predator diaries. Stay tuned for Bob Diary edits, and for more diaries from WolfQuest's most misunderstood NPC's.
Berries and cupcakes are nice and all, but Berry-Cupcakes are the most superior! - Me

"Your smile can change the world but don't let the world change your smile!" -Unknown

~LGBTQ+~

starstablefan_246
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Star

Post by starstablefan_246 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Awesome! Keep it up! :D
=) Everyone is on top of the world, since there is no bottom of the world =)

Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk
Pup
Pup
Name: Arik

Post by Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:35 am

Too funny :mrgreen:
I am the call of the wild....
Wolves are like Me.
Misunderstood and wild,
never to be tamed,
the epitome of
nobility and freedom.
All we want is to be
accepted and loved
for who we are.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:26 pm

Timber-Wolf-at-Dusk wrote:Too funny :mrgreen:
Please make sure your posts are at least three words in the future so they are not seen as SPAM. Emoticons do not count.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:07 am

For the sake of consistency, I'm going to have to lock this thread for similar reasons to Carl the Coyote's diary -- writing and roleplay generally have no place outside of the appropriate boards. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us, though!