Anyone else hate Coyotes???

Topics contained within this archive have been archived from General Other Topic Discussion, Science & Technology and Sports, Adventure & Travel among others.
x-Riley-x
Dispersal Wolf
Dispersal Wolf

Re: Anyone else hate Coyotes???

Post by x-Riley-x » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Well hunting is considered a sport.. and a lot of times people hunt to keep the population of certain animals down. But lets not get into that since we're already going a bit off topic.

I don't like coyotes.. I do find them annoying.. I mean I love the creature, they just.. bug me a bit.
I M A G I N E . D R A G O N S
﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋﹋
--Now don't you understand.
'I'm never changing who I am.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Zarago
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Zarago » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:45 am

I don't see why people want to demolish Wolves for killing Sheep and Livestock when it is the Coyotes that kill things like that much more than Wolves do!

Zarago.

Cowgirl101
Yearling
Yearling
Location: At my farm with my new horse and at my farm somewhere.

Post by Cowgirl101 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:13 am

Zarago wrote:I don't see why people want to demolish Wolves for killing Sheep and Livestock when it is the Coyotes that kill things like that much more than Wolves do!

Zarago.

coyotes are much smaller then wolves, there would have to be like ten of them to take a full grow cow down
sinces animal are losing their homes more
you see them more
A true Cowgirl by heart=Me
Redneck VS HillyBillies

Quik
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Quik » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:03 pm

I love coyotes. But they are loud. lol
Avatar © nighthyena.deviantart.com.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:13 pm

I actually really like coyotes, I find them to be one of the most interesting canids due to their social behaviour and their overall background.

I know that some people might find them annoying, since sometimes they can kill animals which may prove as importance to others, and they are quite loud which probably annoys other people to; but like every animal, they do have their good sides.

I do find their behaviour quite interesting; I've pretty much always been a fan of them due to this, and I do like their apperance, its simple but pretty at the same time to me. However, the only time any type of coyote which I find annoying, is within the WolfQuest game xD
« A PRIVATE LIFE IS A HAPPY LIFE.»
•••
Icon (c) coyoteflu

AlbinoWolf6
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by AlbinoWolf6 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:26 am

I like coyotes since they live around my area I listen to them at night. Even though the coyote can do bad things such as take house pets away, but cant other meat-eating animals? I think coyotes are important they keep the rodent population down in my area (also hawks) Caoyotes are an important part to the food chain :wink:
¸.*¨*`.¸ ωσℓƒQυєѕт cσммυnιту мємвєя ¸.*¨*`.¸
..¸.*¨*`.¸ υn∂ιnє ƒαℓℓѕ ραcк мємвєя ¸.*¨*`.¸
...¸.*¨*`.¸ Avvie by TheGreatAbyss!! Thanks! ¸.*¨*`.¸

Lua
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Lua » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:25 pm

I have personally never seen a coyote therefore I have no reason to hate them. But I had heard one howling once early in the morning
Currently writing: Lua of the night(Chapter 7)

The wolves:
Lua~The kind and peaceful: Blood Moon
Laria~The fierce and loyal: Bloody Apocalypse
Jason~The intelligent and proud
Chris~The charming and friendly

Loua
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Loua » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Cowgirl101 wrote: coyotes are much smaller then wolves, there would have to be like ten of them to take a full grow cow down
sinces animal are losing their homes more
you see them more
Well, coyotes actually do take down cows quite easily, but they mostly take down sheep.
I support using non-lethal methods to keep predators away from livestock instead of calling USDA's Wildlife Services to trap, snare, shoot, poison or gun down from an airplane that animal.
GoAgro.org
HowlingforJustice.wordpress.com
Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby
~Ruth E. Renkel

¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ oʇ ʇɐɥʇ ǝʞıן pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ ƃuıuɹnʇ pɹıǝʍ ןɐǝɹ ʞooן noʎ ʍouʞ noʎ pıp

Birdwatching is AWESOME!!!!!

Avvie by Me!

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:44 am

I don't hate coyotes. They are a species with a pretty bad reputation of stealing, scavengers. And there has been a couple coyote attacks on little kids, plus all the talk of them and rabies doesn't help either.
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Quivira » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:06 pm

Coyotes are okay in my book, I don't really like them though I don't hate them either. Their coat is simply beautiful though.
It's sad though that wolves are taking most of the blame from the coyotes' annoying farm raids and so on.

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

Zeyote
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Zeyote » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:59 am

I absolutely adore coyote species. Unfortunately their misunderstood, and have a bad reputation compared to other animals. In some ways they do have a few similarities with the common wolf, however behavioral and characteristics are completely different.

The coyote (Canis latrans, meaning "barking dog") is a member of the Canidae family and a close relative of the Gray Wolf. There are 19 recognized subspecies of coyotes - Voigt and Berg, 1999.

The coyote looks very similar to the endangered red wolf in profile. They have similar size, color and head shape. The coyote can be identified by its thick, bushy tail, which it often holds low to the ground. It can be distinguished from its much larger relative, the Gray Wolf, by its overall slight appearance compared to the massive size and stockiness of the bigger Candi, which typically weighs 34 to 57 kilograms (74 to 125 lb). As well coyotes are more pron to be seen in urban areas, such as cities and such.

Coyote and Red Wolf similarities - http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9397/coyandred.png

Information Resource from websites and Yahoo.

Frostflower
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Frostflower » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:39 pm

In WolfQuest, coyotes are a nuisiance, which is because that is what they are from a wolf's perspective. I don't hate coyotes, despite the fact that they do occasionally make a meal of a small pet or livestock. This is partly the fault of humans, since we are eating up the wilderness. Urban coyotes cannot access the prey they normally eat, so they must adapt and find other food, such as human trash and pets. If you don't want your pet to be injured or killed by a coyote, then keep it inside during the night! :|

I think coyotes are beautiful and smart, and I think humans should respect them and accept that they are there, they are not leaving, and we need to adapt to it. And I think you're fortunate to have heard coyotes howl. Since I live in a big city, I haven't had the chance.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:11 am

In the area I live, coyotes are repopulating the area and several have been seen in a nearby park. Unfortunately, though, they have been killing small dogs...

I haven't had the fortune to see one, though. They certainly are beautiful creatures.
Former WolfQuest Moderator. 2009 - 2011

TheStealthWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TheStealthWolf » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:22 pm

I don't hate coyotes at all. But if you're that mad at the coyotes, then just keep hunting them down in wolfquest.
Wolves#1