Anyone else hate Coyotes???

Topics contained within this archive have been archived from General Other Topic Discussion, Science & Technology and Sports, Adventure & Travel among others.
Tally
Pup
Pup

Re: Anyone else hate Coyotes???

Post by Tally » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:32 pm

Haha, I only dislike coyotes in the game. Mkay.

Coyotes are virtually the most hated predator by humans. They are considered vermin, like raccoons and opposums. In the USA, there are extensive programs with the intent to wipe out coyotes...this does not work, because when coyotes are being actively hunted, the litter sizes increase. Hehe, pretty cool huh? :D Coyotes live in close proximity to humans because they are generalist species, and areas with humans don't have wolves, which are competition for coyotes. Plus...lots of prey...in the form of pets. Solution = keeps your pets inside. This keeps coyotes from eating human pets, and keeps dogs and cats from harassing local wildlife. Got my info from an ecology class, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Oh, someone mentioned humans being the only species that kills for entertaiment...anyone ever seen a cat play with a bird or mouse, kill it, then leave it somewhere? Yep. Another reason to keep your babies inside. :D

Lol, my teacher could convert ya'll instantly. Oh well, I gave it my best. ;) And I totally respect everyone's opinion.

wolfpack1000
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfpack1000 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:23 am

i hate them they are trying to get my poor 5 month old puppy from the backyard i want to kill them!

without a rose, were would be the love?
colors by awolfspirit
avvie by -outcast-
a heart is all that maters

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:00 pm

well all and all I've learned people can hate coyotes as much as they want. It doesn't matter how many coyotes you kill because the reproduction rate and adaptability of the animal means more coyotes. The only solution I would say, is to learn to live with them.
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Foxgirlwolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Foxgirlwolf » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:59 pm

oh, yes, I hate coyotes. I hate the fact that they spend every second of the day looking for food, and the fact that even going to the stream is dangerous to them, I hate the beutiful howl they make, and I hate there lovely fur.

:evil: I LOVE coyotes, and if you hate them your crazy
"THE ONLY ICECREAM I'M HUNGRY FOR IS AN ICECREAM OF JUSTICE....THAT SOUNDED BETTER IN MY HEAD!"
~Wordgirl

yorissecret
Pup
Pup

Post by yorissecret » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:28 pm

Personally, I Love coyotes, as I love every other animal. They're beautiful creatures of nature. Their only problem is the constant attacks they have on house pets. I can see how that can be both bothersome and disturbing.

I would love to live near coyotes (just close enough to hear them howl but not close enough for them to walk to my home). Sadly, where I live, the only thing you'll see is a million and one dull colored and boring buildings, a whole lot of construction work, a lovely beach and boardwalk (which, too, are being blocked from my view with all the construction work), and so on. In other words, there isn't a lot of green in my neighborhood, which really upsets me. The only animals we have are squirrels, pigeons, and a few other birds. (Don't get me wrong, I love birds and squirrels). Personally, I'd much rather hear coyotes howling than hear an extremely loud train that passes by RIGHT NEXT TO MY HOUSE at least 7 times a day (and the trains tend to come at night the most >.> ) Oh, speaking of which, a train just passed by!
My DeviantArt account: http://gaara-rin.deviantart.com/

One-You can't make me feel this way
Two-You won't make me run away
You can't understand my chemistry
Laugh if that makes me ordinary
--Ordinary by Thousand Foot Krutch--

spa1999
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by spa1999 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:26 pm

Annoth_Firedrakie wrote:oh do i have a story for you guys!

EDIT: im sure there are no wolves since activity around the area kept even the black bear families away in the woods
i was at a sleep over at my friends house who lives close to woods. she heard a coyote cry (like a wolf howls) but I didnt belive her so kept going to the steps but herd it to! for an hour we rocord what we saw while they were right across the street! we called them the Spirit Pack because when they mock charged the house it was like they dissappered. Another reason is because they moved without a sound (hunting us!) and didnt responded to our calls anymore. it was from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM heres all the info recorded! (ghost glides are those mock charges)

7 PM- ghost glides and their eye shines
7:05 Pm- about 4 more join the 5 (entire pack)
7:09 pm- truck shines light but they ran under trees
7:10 pm- 2 seem to go into mini forest and still eye shines and ghost glides (mini forest is a small woods like 10 feet to the east of were we were)
7:11- 8 sets of eyeshines
7:12: no movent at all
7:14 AUMBUSH! full fledged!
7:15- its an ambush but all is quiet and still?
7:16- alpha female by den about 9 meters awya
7:17- alpha female moves into mini forest to the east 3 sets of eyeshines wacthing us while she moves
7:18- can hear paws on road.
7:19- one set of eyeshines and 2 ghost glides
7:20- a patteren of inactive begining and end of hours but active during kiddle
7:20- a coyote cry but Bear (her dog) snarls to defent sensing our fear
7:22- shadows crossing yard when light is on them black coyotes? (couldnt be wolves they are to small)
7:23- neighbors dog barks rapidly meaning danger or fear and a show runs into the yard to the north (stright where we are!)
2:25- neighbors shepard still barks rapidly and then coyote yowl
7:26- I use my hands and blow into them creating a sound of a ieing prey item to draw them away from bear HUGE RISK!
( note: they are able to press through the screen of the door)
7:28- whiskey (older dog inside) points around yard! (hes a very good bassit hound and sees them)
7:31- one set of eye shine
7:35- eye shine and 2 ghost glides but Bear stops moving and barking?
(note: seeming to dissapper and leave)
7:39- bear moves again telling us he's still there
7:40- 5 in min forest snarl and bark at Bear
7:41- bear whimpers! attack moves to dog trpped in a pen!
7:46: all are surrounding pe
(note: before fixed bear was a pack member though he is a lab but mated with the female unseccsesful)
7:49- eyeshine and ghost glide
8:00 Pm- coyotes relent and have left the scene though no reponse to any more howls

So now we are playing my ladtop in her room deep into zoo tycoon 2 but notice bear LOUDLY barking snarling and whining so we jump up grab the paper and only have enough time to write

8:30- bear is attacked

there was four of us but 7 or 8 of them each of us had sharpened spears with the porciepine quills that we found and me managed to fight off the alphas but the rest tryed to protect them and died in the processe. It was the most agressive pack in the area and her mom was payed 3,000 US dollars for our removal of them I was given 250scine I ''bagged'' some (useing different terms trying NOT to offend non hunters) If non hunters dont like this then 1 dont read it and 2. we had to her family was poor and needed the money and that pack already killed 9 cats all pets 17 dogs in their pens and when the check came it said there was a possible 3 people dead 1 was a resident and 2 were homeless living in the woods who atually wouuld attack and steal from people in those woods. I swaer to "Gosh" it real and she strated to cry after it was over! the only myistery is all were normal colors so what did we see with the black ones? The bright spotlight was one it 100% when shined.....

Poor dogs! :cry: Wait, is Bear dead?
(......(\_
))___/{.
"-;
((.-'{ { )
\\........\\

Avvie By Me

Author Of •The Tale of Caylipso•

Rabid
Pup
Pup

Post by Rabid » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:07 pm

Coyotes are a problem in my area. They kill and disturb farm animals like sheep, chickens, goats, and even the occasional cow. Small dogs and cats are killed too.

But when I hear them singing at night I don't mind them much. It's nice to know that i have such beautiful animals nearby, even if they are pests. x)
goo goo g'joob.

Wolfpaw7000
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wolfpaw7000 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:13 am

I don't know why, but I really dislike coyotes.

sedaH

Post by sedaH » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:56 pm

I do not "hate" coyotes.

I actually find them to be a very beautiful and respected animal.

Though in my town, we dont have much of them. I wish we did though,
the upper part of my state is supposed to have more.
One night I seen one near my house, though. It was just minding its own business =P

Moon Shine
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Moon Shine » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:26 pm

How could you hate coyotes?
I don't have wolves where i live, so there the next best thing.
Its true that they eat cats and other pets, but its not their fault that your house might have been where they once lived.
Don't go hating them for something they really can't help, like looking for food.
~Kayla
Dont break my heart, because I'll break yours harder.
Don't try to torture me, because you'll be the one who suffers.
Don't try to lie to me, because I will always find the truth.

Don't steal my candy, because then you will die.

What the heck is the Allliance?!

larkacujovulps12
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by larkacujovulps12 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:54 pm

I like them in the game! I pretend their my pups :D
Larka Shea

Evirith
Pup
Pup

Post by Evirith » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:23 pm

ChocolateRain wrote:There are a bunch of coyotes where I live and they're not all that bothersome. : /
They are that way with me, too, Chocolaterain, they don't even howl that much, except a little bit at night every week.

Vail
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Vail » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:19 pm

We have plenty of Coyotes where I live, I've never been bothered by them. I don't hate them at all, there's no reason to hate any animal. If there was one hanging around my house I would get Animal Control to remove it, because I have small dogs and wouldn't want a large wild animal around me, but that is only for safety reasons. If I see a coyote while driving or something I always stop to admire them, there is plenty here but they aren't a common sight, they are pretty sneaky.
-Vail

ulogoni
Pup
Pup

Post by ulogoni » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:25 pm

Annoth_Firedrakie wrote:oh do i have a story for you guys!

... cut for length ...

there was four of us but 7 or 8 of them each of us had sharpened spears with the porciepine quills that we found and me managed to fight off the alphas but the rest tryed to protect them and died in the processe. It was the most agressive pack in the area and her mom was payed 3,000 US dollars for our removal of them I was given 250scine I ''bagged'' some (useing different terms trying NOT to offend non hunters) If non hunters dont like this then 1 dont read it and 2. we had to her family was poor and needed the money and that pack already killed 9 cats all pets 17 dogs in their pens and when the check came it said there was a possible 3 people dead 1 was a resident and 2 were homeless living in the woods who atually wouuld attack and steal from people in those woods. I swaer to "Gosh" it real and she strated to cry after it was over! the only myistery is all were normal colors so what did we see with the black ones? The bright spotlight was one it 100% when shined.....
That's a mighty tall tale you have there. What's offensive to conservation minded individuals are terms such as "bagged" and "harvested". Coyotes have lives as any other. If you killed them, call it for what it is.

Despite the fact that 400,000 coyotes are killed every year, which means there must be an even greater population than this to sustain such loss. Despite this, only two documented human fatalities have occurred by the maws of coyotes. The first was a toddler in Southern California, and it was discovered that the coyote had been food habituated to people. Which is the case in many attacks on people by wild animals. The second death happened only late last year. A young folk singer was walking alone in a Canadian park when two coyotes mauled her. Strange situation with plenty of questions to be answered. Highly unusual.

So right there one of your claims are false. Trying to justify killing coyotes it seems. The rest of the story is outlandish and I don't feel the need to address it. If 9 cats and 17 dogs were killed, it sounds as though proper animal husbandry was not being practiced. At what point do people not realize that domesticated animals in their care need to be CARED for? Especially in areas where you know there are predators, and when they have already made a meal, the excuse of not knowing better is gone. For the sake of wildlife and your pets, keep your cats indoors, keep your dogs on leashes, and either bring them in at night or put them in a kennel that coyotes cannot enter. These are very simple steps one can take. Further, ensure that all pet food is stored indoors, and if you have any fruit trees make sure to remove all fallen fruit, so as not to attract these omnivores if you wish not to.

Coyotes are just trying to survive. All wild canids are highly territorial toward each other. Toward strangers outside of their family groups. Cats are prey, and they are hungry. It amazes me that someone might spend the energy and shell out $3,000 to kill, kill, kill, but they can't simply do right by their pets. This will continue to happen, because now the territory is simply freed up and nature abhors a vacuum.

hot dawg

Post by hot dawg » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Coyotes got my dog :'(