Anyone else hate Coyotes???

Topics contained within this archive have been archived from General Other Topic Discussion, Science & Technology and Sports, Adventure & Travel among others.
[Takara]
Pup
Pup

Re: Anyone else hate Coyotes???

Post by [Takara] » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:12 pm

I actually quite like coyotes, but then again they don't live in my area and I just admire them from zoos and sanctuaries.
But I can imagine that having them keeping you awake and being in your area must be really annoying, and I can understand your hate for them. I would too, find that irritating :P
Takara ~
Lone wolf.

HoneyHusky
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by HoneyHusky » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:25 am

Geez its part of nature.Maybe you sing songs and what if they get "bothersome" at you.It is par of nature like I said get over it my dogs howl and bark too much and I still sleep good :/
~*Psalm 91~*

Amulant
Pup
Pup

Post by Amulant » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:46 am

I love Coyotes, there are some living in my back yard woods, my dog is HUGE and she's still deathly afraid of them. On the rare occasion I see them and I think of how hard it would be to live out there! But, there's a bear in our woods too, so I really haven't been seeing the coyotes much anymore.
I am Amulant
Proud Alpha Pup of the Malido Mountains Pack!

Zethra

Post by Zethra » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:15 am

HoneyHusky wrote:Geez its part of nature.Maybe you sing songs and what if they get "bothersome" at you.It is par of nature like I said get over it my dogs howl and bark too much and I still sleep good :/
Even if so, I find bugs bothersome actually. Even if they are part of nature, it's all in a person's opinion and nothing more. Also, not everyone sleeps good with noise. Some people are light sleepers, some people are heavy sleepers. There are people who cannot sleep through noise, so if they can't sleep through said noise (in this case a coyote howling) it would become quite annoying for that person.

I do happen to like coyotes actually, I find them quite amusing. Both in real life and in the WolfQuest game, however I have never met one in real life so I can't say exactly if I'd find them annoying or not.
............'..........Avatar by Zethra

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:21 am

Coyotes are just another canid to me. I don't "hate" them, and I don't see a reason why others should, either. It's a predator with a predator's instincts. I have to say, though, that urban or otherwise habituated coyotes are very dangerous and can be a nuisance in neighborhoods, knocking over trashcans and attacking domestic pets, etc, but I don't think that's a very proper reason to "hate" coyotes.
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

DarkMyst
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf
Location: I have finished my novel outside of WQ, at 113,529 words, and I am editing it. Will be semi-inactive

Post by DarkMyst » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:58 am

I don't mind coyotes, where I used to live there was a ton of them, I like them. =)
Although once when I was at my grandparents house (they live an a mountain region on an acreage) I was outside playing with my sisters and my dog, Rio, who is a schnauzer poodle cross, and we saw a coyote approaching us.

I was only eightish so I thought it was a wolf (I have seen wolves in that area before) and yelled to my sisters, "Get back inside!"
And, dragging my dog behind us, we ran back inside and told our parents. XD

To me, coyotes are just another canine, they're beautiful and gorgeous, and yes they may attack your pets (my cat got a dislocated hip when she ran under a shed from one) but it is our own fault for giving them less and less room, space, and food to hunt.

I don't see any reason to hunt them or kill them off, I mean, where I used to live, a wolf killed someone's small dog and everyone in town went into a panic and had to kill the wolf, yes, coyotes do the same, but they only do it because they have to.
............---'----........Myst
........'.'...-------------------------------
.........'......."U-chebin Estel anim
I gave hope to men. I keep none for myself.
...------------......—Aragorn
......----'--'--.......DeviantART
....-'-......http://dritealtia.deviantart.com/
--'-----Icon :: Lupinzpack :: Sig :: DarkMyst

lowinner

Post by lowinner » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:42 pm

I don't love coyotes, nor do I hate them. I guess I'm kind of neutral. I live in the city so I never see them, but when I'm at my grandma's and I see one by the goat pens, I will stand there watching it for a good 5 minutes before scaring it away like I should.