Complex General Wolf RP Words

Topics contained within this archive have been archived from General Other Topic Discussion, Science & Technology and Sports, Adventure & Travel among others.
wolf mist
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Complex General Wolf RP Words

Post by wolf mist » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:29 am

Ha, yeah. I'm trying to write a story with those words! :mrgreen:
~AshTiger

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:43 pm

I know this topic is old now, but...

In my humble opinion, more than half of these body part words do not actually mean the body part you are wishing to represent them with wolf mist.

If legs are braces, are you implying that I have legs in my mouth :lol: ? I though braces go on legs, not are legs themselves.

And you list dial as being both the head and the muzzle. Hmm, which is it? If I turn my dial, am I turning my mouth, my head, or both? I guess it would have to be both, since you cant really move one without the other (at least for turning). Then it seems that this word 'dial' that is supposed to add detail actually becomes a word that removes it.

My advice to roleplayers and writers is to use words you know, understand and use on a daily basis in your work. That way, you'll be able to describe what you wish to convey effectively and clearly.

If you want to try a 'new' word, or a word you have seen before but are not familiar with, check with a dictionary or use a thesaurus to find a new word from a common one. But be careful: some words in a thesarus search do change meaning slightly form what you meant! Thats why we have so many words: to describe the many different things that happen in our world.

If you aren't sure about a word in a certain context, look it up in a dictionary. Don't trust every post you see an a roleplay, or every chapter of a fanfiction. Chances are, they got the idea from someone else doing the same thing: using words without even checking thier actual meaning(s), just going by on how they 'sound' when used.

Not saying all of these are wrong, nor is it 'wrong' to use them in the grand scheme of things. Some people might just like to use words in the wrong context on purpose, like the one mentioned in the first post of this topic. Personal prefrence I guess. And really: what do I know? Nothing; just my opinions is all :) .

I didn't bother to look them all up, but just be cautious about some of them is the bottom line.

CamaroChick
Pup
Pup

Post by CamaroChick » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:05 pm

It is very useful! Im glad you posted this. :D It will help people who are tying to use different and more interesting words.
Shiny
Avatar © Lord-Pinkerton@deviantart.com

Larkey

Post by Larkey » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:39 pm

It`s a useful guide, even though if anyone used these words in a rp, I`d have to grab a dictionary.

halotalo
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: Well... five seconds ago I was looking at you though your window, now i'm stealing your cheeseballs.

Post by halotalo » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:13 am

Wow, cool guide! You sure do have a pretty big vocabulary. Now my wolf can sound professional! :D
Wolves are one part of the web of life,
and shrimp,
and bugs,
and everything else,
but there is one animal who did not follow this web.
It's called a human.

_-*Moonlight*-_

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:43 am

Good job putting this guide together^^
This could relatively improve Role playing.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:55 am

That's a lot of words. :shock:

starstablefan_246
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Star

Post by starstablefan_246 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:51 am

Thanks for spending your time to make this! It is quite helpful, especially with the colors, as I tend to get to mixed sometimes. :?
Last edited by Koa on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not bump dead topics. Topic locked.
=) Everyone is on top of the world, since there is no bottom of the world =)