Sting Ray Bay at Toronto Zoo

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Sting Ray Bay at Toronto Zoo

Post by pawnee » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:00 pm

I got to pet a real sting ray at the Toronto zoo. It was really neat- it was as if the rays actually liked being petted by people. They would glide up and rest for a moment while people pat their back. It felt like slippery wet rubber or soaking wet velvet. It was cool! There were two big ones who kept eyeing my blue jacket...I think they liked the colour XD. I got to feed them, they have no teeth but slurp up the food. They were really curious animals, I would reccemend it to anyone...unless your allgergic to shellfish of course.
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain

Quivira
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Sting Ray Bay at Toronto Zoo

Post by Quivira » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:30 pm

awsome. I have never been to Sting Ray Bay but I have been to Sarasota Aquarium, Tampa Mote Aquarium, Seaworld, Lowry Tampa Zoo, and the St. Louis City Museum which all have places where you can pet stingrays. It is fun when you feed them. They feel really weird like wet velvet.

Snakes

knives
-- Butch  Deloria

avatar/sig © Lupinzpack/twinlinskis

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:26 am

Cool, i haven't been to an aquarium for ages, mostly because over here in England, they aren't that good.
Wolf567 / Blaze

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:31 am

This is at Brookfield Zoo too. It's awesome,but you can never touch the big ones. There are also sharks there too now.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

pawnee
Former WQ Moderator

Post by pawnee » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:58 pm

There were some pretty big sting rays....bigger than saucer plates. One really liked my blue jacket, he kind of just sat there and watched me. I have to admit, I jumped when it tried to slide up the side of the tank to get a better look XD
My Wolf Art http://pawnee.deviantart.com/
Its Not the Size of the dog in the fight, Its the size of the fight in the dog-Mark Twain