Feral Cat Observations

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Faye326
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Faye

Feral Cat Observations

Post by Faye326 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:09 pm

I currently live around so many feral cats! These are wild cats that look like house, or domesticated cats. I nicknamed one Ghost because he/she appears out of nowhere sometimes lol! I also saw several kittens running around near my apartment. I wish I could have taken one home, but you never know with these critters. :cry: <3
Light can be found even in the darkest of places.
You just have to look.

x1103
Pup
Pup

Re: Feral Cat Observations

Post by x1103 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:35 am

Cool, do you have any idea which species they are?
Nevermind me I just like to blah blah.

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:05 am

Kittens! what do they look like?

Do you have any pets? if so do they interact with them?
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:50 pm

I know of at least five stray cats living on my property. There's a lot of feral cats in my area as well. In fact, I think there are more stray and feral cats in my area than cats that are actually people's pets. Cats reproduce very quickly, so all it takes is for a few to become strays and begin roaming the streets in a town, and within a couple of years, there are dozens of feral cats in that area. I've heard that in some countries they have become a nuisance because of this.

Nek0chan
Pup
Pup
Name: LupusAlbus, Neko

Post by Nek0chan » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:05 am

There used to be a lot of stray, semi-feral cats in my street,but they've vanished since Corona and quarantine... Oh well, sometimes I see a black cat near an old house in the same street where I live. No idea if it's stray or just an outdoors house cat, it just sits there but doesn't react to people.πŸ€” As far I know, my country has banned feeding wild birds (pigeon and sparrows) and cats due to overpopulation.
β•”.β˜…. .═════════════╗

"π•Ύπ–π–Š π–π–”π–œπ–‘π–˜ 𝖆𝖙 π–’π–Žπ–‰π–“π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™.
π•Έπ–Žπ–˜π–™ π–‰π–—π–Žπ–‹π–™π–˜ 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 π–π–Šπ–— π–˜π–Žπ–“π–Œπ–Žπ–“π–Œ π–π–†π–œπ–˜.
π•Ύπ–™π–†π–—π–‘π–Žπ–Œπ–π–™ π–π–Žπ–™π–˜ π–™π–π–Š π–˜π–“π–”π–œ."

~ Unknown.

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•. .β˜….╝