Nature Internships

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Nature Internships

Post by alethe » Fri May 25, 2018 2:55 pm

not to be confused with the Wolf Internships thread!

Anyone had any internships at a nature center, zoo, or anything else related to wildlife? Share your experiences (if you can).

I currently intern at a wildlife/nature center close to my house. We work with Texas native animals for the most part, and some exotic "pets" that weren't taken care of properly and we rescued. My favorite animal to work with so far is our African sulcada tortoise. He's really cool. We let him walk around the museum portion of the center (supervised, of course).

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Nature Internships

Post by Koa » Fri May 25, 2018 4:24 pm

I’ll start interning at the Jane Goodall Institute in D.C. next week as a Community Engagement intern but will likely be focusing on communications and marketing as (1 they made this new position just for me and (2 my experience mainly is in communications. I know the institute has internships abroad that work more directly with primates but I am not qualified for those.