I JUST FOUND A BROWN RECLUSE

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

tigersrulelionsdrool
Pup
Pup

I JUST FOUND A BROWN RECLUSE

Post by tigersrulelionsdrool » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:42 pm

I think I just found a brown recluse. He was on the wall in the bathroom and was scaring me. I went to go tell my brother and then... he was gone. I looked all over and finally found him crawling around and spinning a web near the toilet. At that time I thought he was just a normal, rather ugly spider. For 2 days I went without seeing him. Then it happened. It was 5:55 am and I was waking up to go to a swim meet. I walked into the bathroom to get my swim suit and then I saw him. It supprised me that he was openly spinning a web in the bath room. I decided to smush him so he would stop scaring me. I smooshed him completely and flushed him down our toilet with a extra long flush. After the meet I went to look up pictures of brown recluse spiders just to make sure that I was safe. It hit me like a shock. He matched almost EXACTLY to the pictures. I don't know what to do. Every itch I feel I think is cause by a spider crawling on me. I don't think I will live to see tomorrow. please help!!!! evidence he is a recluse: he was nocturnal, about 1/2 long, and was hidden well during the day. I live in a area where recluse spiders have rarely been seen... but have been seen. I would like to know if there are more and a CHEEP way to kill them. :!: :idea: :shock: :cry:
BEAGLES
TIGER
I do everything ANIMAL style

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Re: I JUST FOUND A BROWN RECLUSE

Post by alethe » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Call an exterminator, and don't flip out like you are. If bitten, the bites are treatable. It won't kill you in five minutes.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?

av/sig : fidd/lupe

tigersrulelionsdrool
Pup
Pup

Post by tigersrulelionsdrool » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:12 pm

ok thank you. for a moment there I thought I was going to die... literally
BEAGLES
TIGER
I do everything ANIMAL style

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Another thing, if you are triggered by blood/gore I urge you not to look up the bites. They are INCREDIBLY horrific to look at.
Here is a description I found of the bite. The venom won't kill you straight away but if can lead to some pretty bad things if left untreated.
Brown recluse spider bites often go unnoticed initially because they are usually painless bites. Occasionally, some minor burning that feels like a bee sting is noticed at the time of the bite and a small white blister develops at the site of the bite. Symptoms usually develop two to eight hours after a bite. Keep in mind that most bites cause little tissue destruction.

Victims may experience these symptoms:

severe pain at bite site after about four hours,
severe itching,
nausea,
vomiting,
fever, and
myalgias (muscle pain).
Initially the bite site is mildly red and upon close inspection may reveal fang marks. Most commonly, the bite site will become firm and heal with little scaring over the next few days or weeks. Occasionally, the local reaction will be more severe with erythema and blistering, sometimes leading to a blue discoloration, and ultimately leading to a necrotic lesion and scarring. Signs that may be present include:

blistering (common),
necrosis (death) of skin and subcutaneous fat (less common), and
severe destructive necrotic lesions with deep wide borders (rare).
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/script/m ... 664&page=3
So yeah, its not fun. I doubt that anything will happen (I live where brown recluse are very common and haven't seen one ever.), but if it does it won't be life or death if treated. My cousin was bitten and he's fine now.

ARE YOU A JEDI ?

av/sig : fidd/lupe