What is your favorite wild cat?

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

ironhide101

What is your favorite wild cat?

Post by ironhide101 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:23 pm

My Favorite cat is the snow leopard. if it was able to be owned i would definatley take good care of it. Do you like cheetahs lions lynx or other wild cats which one would you pick.

I also like because it blends into the snow so you can't see you really have to look :D

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: What is your favorite wild cat?

Post by wolfman200789 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:57 pm

my favorite is the couger also known as the mountain lion. There very powerful and have a good place in the food chain along with the wolf. If i remember correctly the can only be found here in north america. I remember going to 6th grade camp and being shown a couger cache. It was pretty exciting then. The camp had a resedent couger roaming the area. I believe we were told that she has a radio calor on and was being tracked by scientest... those are some good memories... except for one part were my cabin leader wet himself while it was raining.
"Beauty can be found in every stone, plant, creature, and person. You just have to look hard enough to see it." me-

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 2365e2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 975638.jpg

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:29 pm

My favorite would be The Ocelot, which is also known as dwarf leopard or McKenney's wildcat.
I just love the sounds they make, and on that note, they are like miniatures, and look like a house cat.
Their fur, and pattern looks very astonishing, and the colors as well. Shading of their faded spots and other lines. Resembling like a jaguar, or clouded leopard.
Though, the ocelots had a price on their heads, and were mainly killed for their fur, which they were referred as "vulnerable" among the endangered species list since 1972 and 1996. Now they're rated as "least Concern" by the year 2008.
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

MoonStep
Pup
Pup

Post by MoonStep » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:37 pm

I love Amur Tigers, ts a shame that their species is dwindling over extinction. :(
You best not forget her...
Silver, may be there, watching, spying, on anyone.
What can she say? ... it's her job....

LeaderOfDreams
Yearling
Yearling

Post by LeaderOfDreams » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:35 am

My favourite wild cat has to be a Fishing cat, for the simple reason of them breaking the rules of cats hating water. How they hunt in the water for fish and how they got their title 'Fishing cat'.

Kyrarah

Post by Kyrarah » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:43 pm

Moo. Hard to say. I believe my favourite wild cat is the brazilian big cat (Not just form Brazil), the jaguar. c: I also like ocelots. c:

monkfishlover
Pup
Pup

Post by monkfishlover » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:29 pm

I like jaguars, tigers, and caracals!

Tita
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Tita » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:41 pm

To be honest I don't have a favorite. I like many wild cats species, ranging from small to big. Although I am fond of the serval and snow leopard. Their coats are beautiful and they're both majestic felines.
Go away, evil Mr. Scissors!

Riceboy
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Fidd/Randy/Bell

Post by Riceboy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:07 am

Serval.

Very smart, very sweet. Fun to play with them with fake snake toys. I was planning on adopting one once I moved out of the apartment (for a yard). I helped raise a few when I volunteered for my local exotic petstore. They were adorable.
Sadly they're all gone now.
I could use something to eat.
i am ossan

I'm really, really hungry.

MoonStep
Pup
Pup

Post by MoonStep » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:09 pm

Oh and Bobcats! Their so cute. xD I was at, Bass Pro Shops once, the wildlife part of it, and there was a big cage for bobcats. It was a nice encloser, with rocks they could climb on too. And the clear glass that every1 could look at. I was wearing red shorts, with strings on the bottom of em'. They came to the glass window, and tried to play with the string! Jumping around and trying to get it on the other side. :D It was adorable!
You best not forget her...
Silver, may be there, watching, spying, on anyone.
What can she say? ... it's her job....

Dark Hawk
Pup
Pup

Post by Dark Hawk » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:14 am

I love severals.
They're so cute and strong, it's amazing how high they can jump to catch birds. I love they're ears most of all though. They're so big and they're head so small. :3
I wont lie
I won't sin
Maybe I don't wanna go...

Rosari
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Rosari » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:30 am

my favorite too! snow leopard wild cats. second would be cheetahs, and then sandcats

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:52 pm

Well my favorite cat is... a cheetah because there special and also super, Super fast But am super sad cuz there nearly extinction But i know we can still save them

Meara

Post by Meara » Tue May 01, 2012 2:39 pm

My favorite animal of all time is the ocelot. The fact that so often people think of "wild cats" and name a tiger, lion or cheetah makes the ocelot more special in my mind. Not that big cats such as the tigers, lions or cheetahs are "generic". That would be entirely ignorant as well as quite rude. I simply think that the smaller wild cats very rarely get as much credit or acknowledgement. What about the Margay? Geoffrey's Cat? Black-Footed Cat? Jaguarundi? How many can even picture those off the top of their heads?

Honey wolf

Post by Honey wolf » Fri May 11, 2012 12:35 am

My favourite big cat is a black leopard, also known as a panther.