Brand New Tiger Cubs at Chessington World Of Adventures

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Brand New Tiger Cubs at Chessington World Of Adventures

Post by wolf567 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:25 am

Chessington is a theme park yes but is also a zoo, not many animals but it still has a few and recently one of their tigers gave birth.
Sumatran Tiger Cubs

Chessington World of Adventures & Zoo is delighted to announce the arrival of two Sumatran Tigers cubs, one of the world's most endangered species, with only 500 in the wild. Born to Ratna and Batu, the male and female cubs are another major success for the Zoo's breeding programme as the pair's second set of cubs within two years.

Sumatran Tigers are native to the Indonesian island of Sumatra and are the smallest of existing tiger subspecies. Born on a grey and misty morning in February, Chessington Zoo keepers have named the pair Kabus (male) meaning grey, and Kelabu (female) meaning mist in Malay.
They have also had some other baby animals: http://www.chessington.co.uk/chessingto ... babies.asp

I have been there twice, and i might be going there with my school soon.

Anyone else heard or been to Chessington?
Wolf567 / Blaze

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Re: Brand New Tiger Cubs at Chessington World Of Adventures

Post by valkea » Tue May 13, 2008 10:52 am

Never heard of it,but yay tigers!
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?