Importance of Plants xx General Discussion

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Importance of Plants xx General Discussion

Post by BlackWarrior » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:34 am

I feel plants are very important to the growth of your planet and life. It supplies us with oxygen to breath as well as rids the air of carbon dioxide.
I feel that loggers need to take into account the plants for than they do..

What are your views on plants in our community?
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Tita
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Re: Importance of Plants xx General Discussion

Post by Tita » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:39 pm

BlackWarrior wrote:I feel plants are very important to the growth of your planet and life. It supplies us with oxygen to breath as well as rids the air of carbon dioxide.
I feel that loggers need to take into account the plants for than they do..

What are your views on plants in our community?
I agree. I also feel plants are very important. We couldn't survive without them. ^^
Go away, evil Mr. Scissors!

gabrilagg

Post by gabrilagg » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:08 am

I can notlive without them (Okay, nobody can. You got it, didn't you?) My city is one of the cities with more trees and flowers in my state. My neighbor's garden looks like a forest! Everytime I look outisde the window and I see plants, they make me calmer. I could not write sotries or draw without them, and I can't just udnerstand how people live in cities with just a few trees. <3

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:30 am

I believe everyone here knows that every ate has atleast a 'State Tree'?
If so, My state tree is the Holly, and what I find that people 'shouldn't do is cut it down, because it was those type of leaves that tend to poke you in a way.
It bothers me to find these trees being cut down, and also that other states use them for other purposes.
Trees also help us breathe. They provide us with better oxygen.
  • Trees renew our air supply by absorbing carbon dioxide and producing oxygen.
    The amount of oxygen produced by an acre of trees per year equals the amount consumed by 18 people annually. One tree produces nearly 260 pounds of oxygen each year.
    One acre of trees removes up to 2.6 tons of carbon dioxide each year.
    Shade trees can make buildings up to 20 degrees cooler in the summer.
    Trees lower air temperature by evaporating water in their leaves.
    Tree roots stabilize soil and prevent erosion.
    Trees improve water quality by slowing and filtering rain water, as well as protecting aquifers and watersheds.
    The cottonwood tree seed is the seed that stays in flight the longest. The tiny seed is surrounded by ultra-light, white fluff hairs that can carry it on the air for several days.
Source: http://www.treesaregood.com/funfacts/Environment.aspx
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:09 am

• Let's just say that without plants, life on earth could not exists as it does today. You and I, the food we eat and even the soil things grow in/walk on in could not exist without plants as we know them.

Here's an interesting article on how our dependence on plants impacts our search for a second Earth: http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... landscapel