So, What about your Back Yard?

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Dibba
Pup
Pup

So, What about your Back Yard?

Post by Dibba » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Some people live in areas where rabbits get in to your back yard, some people, its just flowers that you planeted your self and your proud of? Chat about them here! also, post interesting facts, and ask about other peoples flowers or white rabbit.

At my old house I had the weirdest and coolest pets and visiters! In my backyard we had deer, bears, (black bears) rattlesnakes, scorpions, mimic birds, beavers, and everything else under the sun! We even had a PET mountion lion named Mac! I would go outside everyday and catch the non-poisonous snakes that lived around our house. Once I saw a mother black bear with her 3 cubs crossing the road. It was scary! She stared right at me, I sware! :shock: Also, once I saw a dead opossum and someone had put a flower on it. And a few days ago (in Salem) there was a ROOSTER in my yard!! We live no where near a farm or slaughter house and roosters don't fly... can someone give me an idea of how it got there?! We also saw an eagle that my mom liked to feed and had named it "Inyan." Don't ask me why. I wanted to name it Goldentalon. And my dad wanted to name it "OneEyedOneBeakedOneFootedEagle." My dads a dork. :) AND he never took me fishing like I asked! Now we're in Salem instead of Medford. :x I miss my old dangerous home out in the country. *sigh* At least I THINK it was in Medford... oh well!
Last edited by Dibba on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SPIDER!!!!!!!!!

sedaH

Re: Wilderness In My Old Backyard: What Is This Doing Here??!!

Post by sedaH » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:21 pm

Sounds nice and dangerous ^^
I don't get much wilderness in my backyard. The most is stray dogs (which isn't wilderness), coyotes (very common, I guess), and deer. Though the deer is more in a different town in my state.

charyasha
Yearling
Yearling

Post by charyasha » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:24 pm

oh gosh, that sounds awesome to see. The coolest thing I see around here is foxes, but I don`t see them that often.
One does not care to acknowledge one's mistakes of youth.

wolfgirl101z
Pup
Pup

Post by wolfgirl101z » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:09 pm

Hmm.....interesting. Good to know!
My wolves:
Chessie

Dibba
Pup
Pup

Post by Dibba » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:45 pm

I have a Silver Foxe's tail. I know, I know, that sounds gross, but my dad shot it because it was in my house trying to eat our dog! :shock: Poor Rusty, first a bear, then another bear, then a fox. He must have been scared to death! Oh well, he lived a good life, 'till a third bear killed him. My dad shot the bear too, and it actually tasted good. We were hunting people I guess. We saw a wolf one time. I made my dad not shoot it! I named it Bonecrusher. :wink: Never saw Bonecrusher again!
SPIDER!!!!!!!!!

rkpull
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by rkpull » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:02 am

some people have all the luck :cry: . the only things i have ever seen in neighborhood are
A : stray dogs
B : cats
C : rats
and
D : crows

Dibba
Pup
Pup

Post by Dibba » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:20 pm

That's okay. Most people don't see stuff that I got to see. And I was real little when most of the stuff happened so I don't remember much. In fact, that's all I can remember at all! Now I live in Salem. All I see are crows, stray dogs (once), stray cats, squirrels, other birds, this weird hobo who lives under a tipped over door in the ally behind my house, and dead animals my kitten Tiger Lily drags in.
SPIDER!!!!!!!!!

Razorfang
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Razorfang » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:13 pm

the usual screaming cats
the awfull barking dogs that are yelping like they are scared to death in the night...
The rats fighting about some straw
Crows, mice, the usual bugs and stuff and some seagulls that are screaming like cats too. >.<

stupid animals.

Kakashi Hatake

Post by Kakashi Hatake » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:12 pm

I get coyotes and foxes in my backyard.

shadowwolf2234
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by shadowwolf2234 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:28 pm

Hmm, I was enjoying your post until you said "An eagle my mom likes to feed." You should always refrain from feeding wild animals, even though an eagle wouldn't attack an adult, they might attack a young child because they start associating humans with food.
And you make sure you keep your distance from a mother bear with cubs! =)

Dibba
Pup
Pup

Post by Dibba » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:53 pm

I know you shoud'nt feed wild animals, but my mom said "Oh, but it's straving! And Lily brings dead things in the house anyway, so what else do we do with them?" At this, I REALLY wanted to tell my mom she was wrong, but I knew if I did she'd go berzerk on me. And I did keep my distance from that mother bear - and all others I see! :wink:
SPIDER!!!!!!!!!

Otsanda
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Otsanda » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:07 am

I have seen many wild animals on my backyard, out here in the middle of nowhere. I've heard a mountain lion scream, and seen deer eating from our apple trees in our front yard :mrgreen: . However, I lost my cat and the neighbors lost their dog to mysterious long deep claw marks across their sides... :cry:
A single rose can be my garden.... a single friend, my world.

Dibba
Pup
Pup

Post by Dibba » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:39 pm

That's very interesting Otsanda... bear or mountain lion perhaps? Sorry about your cat.
SPIDER!!!!!!!!!

Jerseygirl
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Jerseygirl » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Sounds very cool!
unfortunately we don't have bears or deers in our backyard. I live in Holland, so we even don't have bears here anyway. The wildest animal in our backyard is a bird XD. And the cats, but they are our pets..
[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/dexm6r.jpg[/IMG]
She's the blue one

Morgrin
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Morgrin » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:32 pm

Awsome. I would of enjoyed being you. :3
White Fire; Literate RPG Wolf Pack
http://joinwhitefire.wetpaint.com