Deer - Graceful and Majestic

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

April

Re: Deer - Graceful and Majestic

Post by April » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:08 pm

I like the mouse deer, fallow deer, and the Giant Irish Deer (Actually I'm not sure if it was a deer or an elk now...but either way it was really pretty. It's extinct now however)
Avatar by me. Read my book Lessons Learned (A fiction book about African Wild Dogs) at:

http://aprilsilverwolf.wix.com/lessonslearnednovel

~April~
~Member Of The Month for October of 2009~
Yellowstone wolf international/Skilled Hunter

Snow Powder Runs Pack

AngelHeartWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by AngelHeartWolf » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:01 pm

I love deer and the only wierd thing about the deer around in Chicago, IL is that the forest ranger leaves out subway food for the deer which i dont think is very healthy... :cry: Anyway we have white-tailed deer which is like magic to watch jump, leap, and eat. You can only get about 8 feet near these deer and sometimes they cross the streets and come toward the house and school because many of them are getting sick... :( Love your post beause i wanted to find out more about deer so i could help out :D
HootinPie From YouTube!

Stormy777

Post by Stormy777 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:27 am

I really love deer, but have only ever seen red deer.

I live near a forest where I know theres plenty of deer, but theres also lots of busy main roads, i noticed lots of deer coming into my garden, which can only mean they've crossed the main road. should i be trying to stop them coming into my garden so they dont have to cross the road? if so how, theres already high fence and lots of thorn hedges?

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:49 am

Recently, I've really started to love deer! My favourite species would have to be the sambar deer, for some reason, although I like quite a few others as well. (: I've only seen a single fallow deer and a small group of rusa deer in the wild, although I hope to see more in the future. I've got an antler from a 1.5 year old rusa deer on my desk, at the moment. My father and I found it on the ground while we were hiking once! :D I love it quite a lot, considering it's just a little antler.

wolfman200789
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by wolfman200789 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:19 pm

This year while on vacation a saw some elk grazing by the roadside. Elk and moose are clasified as deer. I live in washington and had to pass through the cascades to get to were we were going. The cascades are a mountain range that seperates the stat's western two thirds and eastern one third. The cascades are home to a national park and one of the two most famous volcanic mountains in the state. This valcano is Mt. Rainier. These mountains are home to an abundance of wildlife. This includes elk and other types of deer.
"Beauty can be found in every stone, plant, creature, and person. You just have to look hard enough to see it." me-

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 2365e2.jpg

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa3 ... 975638.jpg

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:17 pm

There are lots of mule deer where I live. I've often seen them make bounding jumps where all four feet leave the ground. They are beautiful animals.
<<<<<>>>>>
The wolf pack runs as one and together we are stronger
<<<<<>>>>>

-wolfbeat-
Pup
Pup

Post by -wolfbeat- » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:15 pm

wow i love deer!!! my favorite deer is the piebald deer!!! :D i hate hunting deer :(
Last edited by valkea on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed some information
twitter: @nbaron26 lol
discord: Baron#2020 lol

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:24 pm

-wolfbeat-, please be careful about what you say and do not mention disliking certain members, especially when using their usernames.
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

lupin_blackwolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by lupin_blackwolf » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:39 pm

-wolfbeat- wrote:wow i love deer!!! my favorite deer is the piebald deer!!! :D i hate hunting deer :(
A piebald deer is not a species of deer, rather, a colouration or deformity that can happen to any species of deer (usually most common in Whitetails). Its pretty much a deer that is, in a way, half albino.

We get Whitetails in our backyard everyday, without fail. A few years ago, we had three piebald does hanging around all the regulars and we would see them quite often. Not sure what happened to them, im guessing they moved on from our yard, or were possibly even eaten by coyotes. These past few years, we've seen a specific fawn grow up and as she has grown and lost her spots, ive realized that she has a pretty long but thin white blaze running from the top of her forehead to just above her nose. Shes quite the sweetheart. She is very small for a two year old (approximately) doe and seems very timid. She usually stays very close to the older does and this really helps us see her size in comparison.
Beautiful animals, I have to say. I've been around them my entire life, yet i could never ever get sick of seeing them. I still get a chilling thrill every time I see the bucks fight. Marvelous creatures.
-----------------..----------------..-----------------
I am Lυριη.
I roam the open land freely.
Nothing holds me back.
I am wild.
I am free.
I am a wolf.
-----------''-----------------''-----------
Avvie by April
Sig by Myself