What wildlife have you seen recently?

Talk about nature and wildlife you've seen or read about. Discuss specific plants, animals, natural places and wildlife in general, or follow the instructions in the Nature Photography subforum to submit your own photographs.

Moderators: Isela, Koa

Couviani
Pup
Pup

Re: What wildlife have you seen recently?

Post by Couviani » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:53 pm

We get a lot of different animals, especially birds in our back yard (such as blackbirds, ravens, pigeons/doves, house martins etc, or even the likes of woodpeckers,) and grey squirrels (we always have a lot of food out for the animals, so it's a constant party.).

This evening though we had a hedgehog. Such a cute little thing, and quite surprising since during the past 3 or so years we've lived here we've never come across one ^-^

Wolves of Beinn Eighe
- Join us -

"There's Strength in Arches"
- Joe Wilkinson

Pegasos
Pup
Pup
Name: Maisa, Masaa

Post by Pegasos » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:50 pm

Yesterday I saw the moose was running in front of me on road when I was returning from work to home.
That was not my first time when I was in the same situation.
av by LupinzPack

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:07 pm

I have my eye on a female american kestrel near my college campus. i go to classes every monday and wednesday evening, and i always see her in a field on my way down. maybe one day i'll go out there with a nice camera and try to get some good photos of her. i wonder if she has a mate and nest nearby, too.

there's also a red shouldered hawk that's been around my house. i believe its a she but i haven't gotten a good look at the size.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
ARE YOU A JEDI ?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ⋯⋯⋯_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

av/sig : fidd/lupe

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:14 am

I see lots of red foxes and deer. once on a trip i saw a black bear cub.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf
cougar
bear

krispycat9
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Krispy

Post by krispycat9 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:31 pm

Today I went birdwatching by a lighthouse in my area, and gee was it a good day! I saw 2 razorbills, 4 harbor seals, and an atlantic puffin. I also saw a red fox last night when I was taking a late night walk. I've seen a lot of cool stuff lately but those are the most interesting ones.

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:56 am

Hares. Always. Every day and every night. They drive my dogs crazy which drives me crazy. At first there were two, yesterday evening I noticed there were three. They just stop and stare though we are very close and often I'm so irritated that I shout to them "run you idiots!" to scare them. (Once I waited too long for a seagull to fly away but for some reason it didn't at first and my dogs almost ate it so...) I don't always see the rabbits, but the dogs have started going nuts at walks lately sniffing the ground and acting over excited so I know the hares have moved in to the yard... Weird but this is the first time I have wanted to get rid of an wild animal. Gladly I have seen foxes here too so maybe nature finds its order by itself.

I bought binoculars about a month or two ago to watch wildlife from my window, I live at the top floor of a building and have an awesome view to a bit of forest and a strait which has been frozen and people have been ice fishing there. One day I saw a bunch of crows and something bigger with them probably eating the fish that the fishermen had left behind. I looked through the binoculars and realized that the bigger ones were some kind of eagles! I had never seen wild eagles before and I just lost it and tried to take pictures through the binoculars but it proved impossible... XD
Nevermind me I just like to blah blah.

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:40 am

I haven't seen a wild animal in the last time, but a few months ago I saw a roe deer walking in the grass beside the road. I was afraid of getting in a crash with it, but luckily nothing happened.
:flower: Health, love and beautiful moments are the true wealth of life. :flower:

Nek0chan
Pup
Pup
Name: LupusAlbus, Neko

Post by Nek0chan » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:44 pm

I see sparrows and pigeons every day; and today I saw a magpie on the park. :)

When I used to spend the summer in the mountains I saw an owl (it would sleep in our - open - garage) and bats at night, and by day I saw foxes, eagles, and deer.

Update: I've seen crows/ravens recently! They're beautiful animals :raven:
Last edited by Nek0chan on Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔.. .═════════════╗

"𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖑𝖘 𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖎𝖉𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙.
𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖙 𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖏𝖆𝖜𝖘.
𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖙𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖓𝖔𝖜."

~ Unknown.

╚═════════════. ..╝

MCSMNerd1
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Issy

Post by MCSMNerd1 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:37 pm

After ages of searching and scouting, I finally played my eyes on the elusive tabby cat that lives in the woods beside my house! :P But for real I did see a rabbit... That's pretty much it, lol! It's pretty calm in my neighborhood.
-MCSMNerd1

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:05 pm

I sadly don't have any good photos as my mom and I were each walking one of the doggos and I didn't have my camera (wouldn't have tried to take a pic anyway as I'd never do that while trying to hold onto a dog), but we saw what we're both pretty sure is a bobcat in the park in May! The main focus was hightailing it out of there with the dogs, but if it was just me there I'd have certainly tried to take some pictures if I had my camera or phone (from a safe distance away of course). There's also been a lot of rabbits, catbirds, and cardinals around here this spring and summer.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

==================================================

Good vibes

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:03 pm

I picked up running this year, and saw an Oriole when I got lost on my route!
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:36 pm

An owl!

I've heard it occasionally late at night, and was pleasantly surprised to see one in our neighbourhood. Granted, we don't live too far away from some woodland parks... but it was nice to see something other than wild mice and hedgehogs.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Windstrider » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:57 pm

We have one near here too! I've heard it at night when I've been up doing schoolwork or gaming or whatever. I think it's in one of the oak trees near here, and I'm guessing it's near here (we've never had one before afaik) because there's so many rabbits this year. I think that might also be why there's that probably-bobcat in the park. I've literally never seen this many rabbits in a spring or summer, so I guess they're attracting predators.
"The strength and the fellowship of the clan will always be with you, even when you hunt alone." - Warriors

Good vibes

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

Post by -Wolfdog- » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:23 am

• Turtles
• Foxes
• Coyotes
• Deer
• Ducks
• Rabbits
• Frogs
• Feral cats (not sure if this counts)
• Various passerine birds
• Raptors (I even saw one killing some prey right on our front lawn!)
• Condors/vultures
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Windstrider » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:49 pm

Cool! I've seen some feral cats here too, near my mom's work. We've been putting out food and water for them, and the plan is to eventually get them to the vet for health checkups and spaying/neutering. I think there's at least 2 or 3 of them, and we might adopt them if we have the space and resources.

There's been a ton of fireflies this summer, at least near where I live. I saw them again when I went out for a walk last night, and I don't think I've ever seen so many. I wish I had pictures or a video, but I didn't have my phone or camera with me, and I don't know if it would turn out anyway since it was dark out.

Good vibes