Stranger Wolf Fiasco

Post the links to your favorite WolfQuest screenshots and videos here.

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Stranger Wolf Fiasco

Post by Sunset-Light » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:33 pm

Okay. I don't know what the heck happened. But I was on a multiplayer pups-raising server, and I decided to approach the stranger wolves just for fun. But then I realized that I could get closer to them then normal, and suddenly I was directly in front of them. Somehow the stranger wolves had glitched out of their territory. They had health bars and the red attack symbol showed up. Another player came up to them and the stranger wolves followed him, so it wasn't just me. When I tried to bite one of the stranger wolves to see what would happen, I got stuck in an endless loop of walking forward and then walked right into where the territory was supposed to be. I got stuck in a certain position for several minutes afterwards, and when I finally got out of it, I was still stuck walking forward. Resting, sitting, and jumping didn't fix it, and the Stranger Wolf health bar remained on my screen. So I went with the other players on the server to the rendezvous site since they were waiting on me, but I got a couple of screenshots before I got stuck walking forward for eternity.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

So, basically, the stranger wolves cursed me by making me walk forever because I tried to bite them. I guess witchcraft is realistic after all.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Re: Stranger Wolf Fiasco

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:03 pm

Wow, that's so weird! I've never heard of this glitch before...

them darn stranger wolves, getting others stuck in eternal walking >:(

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:27 am

O.o Now that's a glitch I haven't seen since beta days...
Try and send in a report of this if you can, though if I had to take a wild guess it might have something to do with latency in multiplayer games (were you the host?)...

Then again, maybe these stranger wolves just wanted to give you an early taste of WQ3 XD
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:58 pm

Had this happen to me once. Safe to say it was somewhat frustrating to keep walking forward for that game, not sure if I left or not since it was a while since then, but nonetheless I guess that's the price for being curious eh?
Taking your time when you can is key to a healthy lifestyle. You may have a set lifespan, but you don't have to rush yourself every second of it.

Sunset-Light
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunset-Light » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Frodo1 wrote:O.o Now that's a glitch I haven't seen since beta days...
Try and send in a report of this if you can, though if I had to take a wild guess it might have something to do with latency in multiplayer games (were you the host?)...
No, I wasn't the host.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Frodo1 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:52 pm

Sunset-Light wrote:
Frodo1 wrote:O.o Now that's a glitch I haven't seen since beta days...
No, I wasn't the host.
Hmmm, I see. If I'm not mistaken it could be a lag issue then-- with the time it takes for the data for the warning popup to transfer from the host to you not being fast enough to keep you out of the territory. At least, that'd be my guess. I'd report it, in any case, no matter what the cause turns out to be...
JayPlays on YouTube
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:03 am

This happened to me once. To fix it, I just left the server and entered again. I'm not sure if I remember exactly how it's triggered, but I am very sure I have come across people who trigger it on purpose.

If I do remember anything about how to trigger it, I think the stranger territories move a little when you select to travel to the rendezvous site. And if I remember rightly, someone has to wander right up to the stranger wolf territory (the one near the Sandbar Crossing), then the host has to select to start the journey. Once the journey to the rendezvous has started, the territories shift a little, and the player is then inside the stranger wolf territory. If you try to attack a stranger wolf, that's when the endless walking starts.
╔════--══--══--════╗
The howling cold wind,
the soft summer breeze.
They remind me a little,
of chalk and cheese.

╚════--══--══--════╝
Amazing avatar by: LupinzPack

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Frodo1 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:28 pm

ForeverEverest wrote:This happened to me once. To fix it, I just left the server and entered again. I'm not sure if I remember exactly how it's triggered, but I am very sure I have come across people who trigger it on purpose.

If I do remember anything about how to trigger it, I think the stranger territories move a little when you select to travel to the rendezvous site. And if I remember rightly, someone has to wander right up to the stranger wolf territory (the one near the Sandbar Crossing), then the host has to select to start the journey. Once the journey to the rendezvous has started, the territories shift a little, and the player is then inside the stranger wolf territory. If you try to attack a stranger wolf, that's when the endless walking starts.
Ohhhhh, that would also make a lot of sense. Make sure you guys report this, heh, that's definitely not supposed to happen...
JayPlays on YouTube
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:33 pm

This has happened to me four times now. The way I fixed it was to pick up/feed a pup. Then I was locked out of the territory and wasn't stuck walking XD
This happened to two other players and they were screaming about it (in phrase chat XD) and one even left. It was really funny!

2wolf22
Pup
Pup

Post by 2wolf22 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:34 pm

What a glitch! :shock: I kind of wanna try it one day, with my pups. Just to prove that the strangers don't "attack your pups" like
that silly warning trying to keep us out! :D :wolf:

LamarWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by LamarWolf » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:51 pm

I have had this glitch before but I figure if I want to stop moving I just sit down. It happened to me twice.
Life is full of death
It is the way of life
Predator and prey
I bring life and I take it
That is the way of nature

alebrije
Yearling
Yearling

Post by alebrije » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:22 pm

That is very strange! Any way to fix it, or must you wait it out?

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:46 pm

I've experienced this multiple times before. The only way to fix it (from my experience) is to pick up a pup.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:04 pm

I like this glitch. I put it to use, because when you pick up a pup and keep walking, your stamina will go down. Down to the bottom. The pup will whine when it's at the point where you usually put the pup down, but you don't have to. You can hold it forever :3
I end it by feeding the pup.

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:08 am

TimberRaven wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:04 pm
I like this glitch. I put it to use, because when you pick up a pup and keep walking, your stamina will go down. Down to the bottom. The pup will whine when it's at the point where you usually put the pup down, but you don't have to. You can hold it forever :3
I end it by feeding the pup.
In that case you should do some experiments :D Such as dropping pups down cliffs (sounds cruel I know but I want to know if they take fall damage. Or using them to lead predators into elk herds. I saw this one video by either Seri pixel biologist or jayplays and they chased a cougar into a elk herd and the cougar got kicked and took damage. Maybe you could do that with the glitch.
prey:
hare
beaver
mule deer
elk
moose
competitors:
raven
eagle
fox
coyote
wolf