WolfQuest 2.7 Beta Bloopers (Part 2)

Post the links to your favorite WolfQuest screenshots and videos here.

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

Weylenn
Pup
Pup

Re: WolfQuest 2.7 Beta Bloopers (Part 2)

Post by Weylenn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:21 am

Kipcha28 wrote:
Kipcha28 wrote: I'd say its main limitations are probably the graphics card, which imo wasn't super strong to begin with, and the fact that it has an overheating problem.
Yeah, I'm already doing what I can for it. I use a small stand that has fans blowing onto the bottom, and I did get the internal fans cleaned when the hard drive was replaced. (Unfortunately my laptop really isn't meant to be opened - it's not an easily doable thing with screws, or anything.)
Is your card dedicated or no?? If it is then you can probably yank the old one out and put a new one in (depending on the age of your computer, the space inside the shell, ect)

Kipcha28

Post by Kipcha28 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:49 am

It's integrated, and no space to add anything extra.
I don't really use it for games anymore what with my gaming desktop anyway, so I'm not too fussed. I just figured I'd test WQ on it as an extra example of a low-end computer.
Next time something happens I'm just gonna get a new laptop - my cousin, who's more experienced with hardware than I am, told me that there's really nothing I can do with it. And I'd rather put my money toward a good machine rather than sinking it into keeping the poorly-functioning one afloat.

Weylenn
Pup
Pup

Post by Weylenn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:29 pm

Kipcha28 wrote:It's integrated, and no space to add anything extra.
I don't really use it for games anymore what with my gaming desktop anyway, so I'm not too fussed. I just figured I'd test WQ on it as an extra example of a low-end computer.
Next time something happens I'm just gonna get a new laptop - my cousin, who's more experienced with hardware than I am, told me that there's really nothing I can do with it. And I'd rather put my money toward a good machine rather than sinking it into keeping the poorly-functioning one afloat.
Oh nice! Yeah, I have a gaming laptop and desktop but the laptop is like five or 6 yrs old. Still runs nice though. Desktop was recently upgraded to SSD and Win7. Real nice. Annoying that a lot of people's parents will probably outright refuse to get new computers for their kids, but money's hard I guess.

Pale

Post by Pale » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:54 pm

That wolf is definitely dead now that's its neck has been broken. The game looks great so far, ((Aside from the glitches)) good luck to those who have to fix the glitches XD.

Cackle
Pup
Pup
Name: Whiffler

Post by Cackle » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:54 pm

Not that I expect you guys to consider any suggestions so far in the game's production, but wouldn't it be cool if you could choose the season your wolf's in game play of the 2.7? Or maybe the seasons roll automatically? This was probably suggested already but I just wanted to comment about it. I mean, in Yellowstone park it's mostly winter (6 months that's half a year!) and the other seasons pass very quickly and with the surrounding mountains that continues in it's winter state it gets cold and snows pretty easily, even in summer times (Although in summer it can get so dry it causes forest fires) . Also it's in winter that wolves are most successful in hunting as they're prey is severally weakened in the cold and are to heavy to move well in the deep snow. So I find it strange that in the game (2.5) it seems to mostly be summer time, only becoming winter while you're looking for a den and marking it. Will this change in the new version? (Heh, I went severally off track there sorry xD)

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:26 pm

Autumnfire wrote:Not that I expect you guys to consider any suggestions so far in the game's production, but wouldn't it be cool if you could choose the season your wolf's in game play of the 2.7? Or maybe the seasons roll automatically? This was probably suggested already but I just wanted to comment about it. I mean, in Yellowstone park it's mostly winter (6 months that's half a year!) and the other seasons pass very quickly and with the surrounding mountains that continues in it's winter state it gets cold and snows pretty easily, even in summer times (Although in summer it can get so dry it causes forest fires) . Also it's in winter that wolves are most successful in hunting as they're prey is severally weakened in the cold and are to heavy to move well in the deep snow. So I find it strange that in the game (2.5) it seems to mostly be summer time, only becoming winter while you're looking for a den and marking it. Will this change in the new version? (Heh, I went severally off track there sorry xD)
Seasons do roll. There are certain parts of the games where wolves doing certain things happen in a certain season. They are aiming for realism. Amythest mountain is based in the fall. Wolves look for a den site in the winter when the female is pregnant And pups are born in the spring. It would be nice with a little more fluidity though and weaker prey in the winter

Cackle
Pup
Pup

Post by Cackle » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Yes I had thought to myself that it may be Fall in Amethyst mountain, mainly because of the yellow aspen leaves. And I wasn't saying that seasons didn't roll, I meant that it only changed when you completed any current mission you may be doing. I meant for the seasons to pass irrelevant if you completed any stage you are on. For Ex: Seasons pass according to how long you take to complete your mission, like finding a mate. If you are fast you may complete it before winter starts. But if you take too long you may pass the right time to find a den for you're pups like in real life. :)
Last edited by Cackle on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Wolvencall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:26 pm

Autumnfire wrote:Yes I had thought to myself that it may be Fall in Amethyst mountain, mainly because of the yellow aspen leaves. And I wasn't saying that seasons didn't roll, I meant that it only changed when you completed any current mission you may be doing. I meant for the seasons to pass irrelevant if you completed any stage you are on. For Ex: Seasons pass according to how long you take to complete your mission, like finding a mate. If you are fast you may complete it before winter starts. But if you take to long you may pass the right time to find a den for you're pups like in real life. :)
That would be fun to do, to make it possible to fail that mission too would be neat, it would cause you to wait or lure away a non-breeding wolf in the pack for a mate which would be much, much harder or look in slough creek. or you could den in amethyst mountain as a choice. The only way changing seasons would work with the raising pups thing is for the pups to grow with the season or something and it would be a bit more difficult but if they wanted to add rolling seasons after the rendezvous mission in a possible next episode it would kinda be like shelter 2 in a sense do you mean?

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:29 pm

Wolvencall wrote:
Autumnfire wrote:Yes I had thought to myself that it may be Fall in Amethyst mountain, mainly because of the yellow aspen leaves. And I wasn't saying that seasons didn't roll, I meant that it only changed when you completed any current mission you may be doing. I meant for the seasons to pass irrelevant if you completed any stage you are on. For Ex: Seasons pass according to how long you take to complete your mission, like finding a mate. If you are fast you may complete it before winter starts. But if you take to long you may pass the right time to find a den for you're pups like in real life. :)
That would be fun to do, to make it possible to fail that mission too would be neat, it would cause you to wait or lure away a non-breeding wolf in the pack for a mate which would be much, much harder or look in slough creek. or you could den in amethyst mountain as a choice. The only way changing seasons would work with the raising pups thing is for the pups to grow with the season or something and it would be a bit more difficult but if they wanted to add rolling seasons after the rendezvous mission in a possible next episode it would kinda be like shelter 2 in a sense do you mean?
This seems like a very awesome idea! It would also be very hard and complicated to code, though... I doubt it will happen any time in the near future, but there is always hope for the far future...

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Wolvencall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:33 pm

Frodo1 wrote:
Wolvencall wrote:
This seems like a very awesome idea! It would also be very hard and complicated to code, though... I doubt it will happen any time in the near future, but there is always hope for the far future...
Yes that may be Frodo but it would be fun for the further future, and teach kids about the entirety of how wolves find a mate and raise their young! :D I'd probably be more excited about our own packs though after raising the pups to adult hood and battling other wolves or packs using body postures such as various submissive or aggressive poses in a sense of how you fight a bear and interact with your pups, mate, and other wolves but without an actual social arena for them.

Cackle
Pup
Pup

Post by Cackle » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:16 pm

That would be pretty awesome! :D I do hope they consider it one day.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:23 pm

CakeWolfy wrote:Yup, my computer would die if I ran WQ 2.7 on it....

No, sadly it's RAM is not expandable, my dad opened up this PC they day it got handed over to us and realized there weren't any more RAM slots, and other parts within it are REALLY outdated (I looked up the graphics card one day only to find out that it's drivers aren't even available to download anymore O-o), for example, everytime I turn on my PC it runs those little black booting pages, typical of older computers, and the booting page always says that the BIOS was copyrighted in 1996!

So all I can do is hope to get a new PC, or beg a family member to death to let me play it on theirs....although I don't think anyone will say yes to that.....

Well, it doesn't really bother me too much, I'll just see what I can do about playing WQ 2.7!
Hehe...those little black booting pages are DOS (or your BIOS, one of the two) - which is what runs in the background before the operating system itself (like Windows) is loaded. All computers still have a BIOS today, its just hidden I think. Basically it makes sure the CPU, the graphics card, keyboard, hard-drive and everything is there and working somewhat correctly. And now you know. ;)

Yeah - computers get old quickly. Mine's relatively new (Macbook from 2011) and its already showing its age...can't keep up to date with current games and stuff. But it was never meant to be a gaming laptop anyways - I would have gotten one that had a better graphics card on it, but we had to get this new one in a rush because my old Macbook (that was 8+ years old...it served me well!) died one day in the middle of the semester. So we only had 1 day to buy everything and get things sorted out.

This was only a few weeks before the new Retina Macbooks were going to be released for the first time, too, so bleh.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:53 pm

Wolvencall wrote:
Frodo1 wrote:
Wolvencall wrote: That would be fun to do, to make it possible to fail that mission too would be neat, it would cause you to wait or lure away a non-breeding wolf in the pack for a mate which would be much, much harder or look in slough creek. or you could den in amethyst mountain as a choice. The only way changing seasons would work with the raising pups thing is for the pups to grow with the season or something and it would be a bit more difficult but if they wanted to add rolling seasons after the rendezvous mission in a possible next episode it would kinda be like shelter 2 in a sense do you mean?
Yes that may be Frodo but it would be fun for the further future, and teach kids about the entirety of how wolves find a mate and raise their young! :D I'd probably be more excited about our own packs though after raising the pups to adult hood and battling other wolves or packs using body postures such as various submissive or aggressive poses in a sense of how you fight a bear and interact with your pups, mate, and other wolves but without an actual social arena for them.
Yeah, that's exactly my point- it would be really awesome, but it would probably be a far future development ;) I just want to clarify that it would probably take a long time just for the sake of those reading it ;) Personally, I hope WolfQuest continues and grows far into the future and becomes even more advanced ;)

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:06 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:
CakeWolfy wrote:Yup, my computer would die if I ran WQ 2.7 on it....

No, sadly it's RAM is not expandable, my dad opened up this PC they day it got handed over to us and realized there weren't any more RAM slots, and other parts within it are REALLY outdated (I looked up the graphics card one day only to find out that it's drivers aren't even available to download anymore O-o), for example, everytime I turn on my PC it runs those little black booting pages, typical of older computers, and the booting page always says that the BIOS was copyrighted in 1996!

So all I can do is hope to get a new PC, or beg a family member to death to let me play it on theirs....although I don't think anyone will say yes to that.....

Well, it doesn't really bother me too much, I'll just see what I can do about playing WQ 2.7!
Hehe...those little black booting pages are DOS (or your BIOS, one of the two) - which is what runs in the background before the operating system itself (like Windows) is loaded. All computers still have a BIOS today, its just hidden I think. Basically it makes sure the CPU, the graphics card, keyboard, hard-drive and everything is there and working somewhat correctly. And now you know. ;)

Yeah - computers get old quickly. Mine's relatively new (Macbook from 2011) and its already showing its age...can't keep up to date with current games and stuff. But it was never meant to be a gaming laptop anyways - I would have gotten one that had a better graphics card on it, but we had to get this new one in a rush because my old Macbook (that was 8+ years old...it served me well!) died one day in the middle of the semester. So we only had 1 day to buy everything and get things sorted out.

This was only a few weeks before the new Retina Macbooks were going to be released for the first time, too, so bleh.
Yeah, I know how BIOSes work, I've taken a computer science type class, they are very hidden these days, cuz no one wants to see a boring black screen. And yeah, computers age faster lately, which is kinda a problem, especially with running new games like WQ 2.7

Cackle
Pup
Pup

Post by Cackle » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:23 am

I still have two empty slots in my PC. If it doesn't have enough space... It's already really full, hopefully I won't need to get any more RAM space.

Return to “WolfQuest Screenshots & Videos”