A Colorful Wolfquest

Post the links to your favorite WolfQuest screenshots and videos here.

Moderators: Neamara, Frodo1

-Wolfdog-
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Wolf

A Colorful Wolfquest

Post by -Wolfdog- » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:17 pm

Uhh, for some reason my graphics were not set to Fantastic. I have no idea why, because I can run Fantastic at a smooth level lol. All this time I was missing out on pretty flowers! And wow, having a lot of grass really helps the screenshots come to life.
⍋ ⍋
ABNUS LUMI
🐺
🐾

DaniBeez

Re: A Colorful Wolfquest

Post by DaniBeez » Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:14 pm

Nice captures Wolfdog. I think the wildflowers are a great addition to the game. Do you (or any other game players reading) know if WolfQuest's aspen trees turn yellow in the fall in-game?

Backstory: Where I live in Southern Ontario we are in deciduous-dominated woodland (spare for post-settlement White Pine plantations or agriculture of course). So in fall we get the brilliant leaf color changes that come with these kinds of trees. I recently visited the Rockies and was reminded that seasonal tree color changes are restricted to the larches and aspens (and others I'm not aware of). I also missed the wildflower season!
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:46 pm

DaniBeez wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:14 pm
Nice captures Wolfdog. I think the wildflowers are a great addition to the game. Do you (or any other game players reading) know if WolfQuest's aspen trees turn yellow in the fall in-game?

Backstory: Where I live in Southern Ontario we are in deciduous-dominated woodland (spare for post-settlement White Pine plantations or agriculture of course). So in fall we get the brilliant leaf color changes that come with these kinds of trees. I recently visited the Rockies and was reminded that seasonal tree color changes are restricted to the larches and aspens (and others I'm not aware of). I also missed the wildflower season!
They do have their fall colors in the game! I think you can find them in their fall colors in both Amethyst and the Lost River Classic map currently (though LRC still has the old aspen models from 2.7). I'm assuming that they'll probably have seasonal foliage colors in every map once the Saga is released.

We also have brilliant Fall colors here in the Midwest, so I can relate. There's lots of maple, beech, hickory, oak, and various other deciduous trees where I live, which typically become various shades of red, orange, gold, and yellow in the Fall. The only common native evergreen in my area is the white pine, although people often plant various other conifers like spruces and other types of pines.

By contrast, the main fall foliage trees in the Yellowstone region are the aspens and cottonwoods. Larch trees grow further north in the Rockies, in places like northwestern Montana, northern Idaho, and north of the Canadian border. Other than that, the Rockies are mostly dominated by conifers that keep their needles all year.

DaniBeez

Post by DaniBeez » Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:58 pm

Thanks for the detailed reply Dino!
DaniBeez
___Community member since 2010
___Avatar by Sambhur

Return to “WolfQuest Screenshots & Videos”