Shadowwolf2234's Photography

Submit your own photographs of nature & wildlife by following the instructions in the stickied topics in this forum.

Moderator: Isela

Forum rules
This forum is for original photographs only. If you submit a photograph that is not yours, you may receive a warning or be banned from the forums. Read the Rules for Nature & Wildlife Photography, then follow the instructions in that topic to have your photo(s) reviewed and posted.
shadowwolf2234
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Shadowwolf2234's Photography

Post by shadowwolf2234 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:04 pm

After looking at everyone else's great work so I thought I'd share some of my recent pictures taken on a trip out to Colorado where I got some pictures of some awesome bison, a mule deer doe, and a hare. Everything is shot on my Canon 7D with a Canon 100-400 f/4-5.6 IS USM L

Thanks for looking!
Last edited by shadowwolf2234 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kivia

Re: Shadowwolf2234's Photography

Post by Kivia » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:35 pm

You have some fantastic technique going for you here. The first image is definitely my favorite- the lighting is great, I like how the background and the back bison blur away slightly, and there's so much detail in that front bison. I love the snow all up in its furry beard from grazing, haha. The other images are wonderful as well. This a great look at some of the mammals of the American West. I'm very eager to see more from you- thank you for sharing! =D

Tundra17
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Tundra17 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:56 pm

Wow those are some incredible photos, your so lucky to have seen such an amazing sight!!!
I'm nuts, baby I'm mad,
The craziest friend that you've ever had
You think I'm psycho, you think I'm gone
Tell the psychiatrist something is wrong
Over the bend, entirely bonkers
You like me best when I'm off my rocker
Tell you a secret, I'm not alarmed
So what if I'm crazy? The best people are

shadowwolf2234
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by shadowwolf2234 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:19 pm

Kivia wrote:You have some fantastic technique going for you here. The first image is definitely my favorite- the lighting is great, I like how the background and the back bison blur away slightly, and there's so much detail in that front bison. I love the snow all up in its furry beard from grazing, haha. The other images are wonderful as well. This a great look at some of the mammals of the American West. I'm very eager to see more from you- thank you for sharing! =D
Appreciate the comment Kivia! The bright sun reflecting off the snow really over exposed the sky on that day, so I changed some shots to black and white to cope with this, and I really like how dramatic it looks with the big mammals. There's more detail in the actual file, but the file compression when you upload it online takes a lot of it away sadly
Tundra17 wrote:Wow those are some incredible photos, your so lucky to have seen such an amazing sight!!!
Thanks Tundra, down in Florida I really only get to take pictures of birds, so whenever I'm out west I love checking out these big guys, it is an amazing sight

Rikkuzilla
Name: Rikku

Post by Rikkuzilla » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Amazing photos, shadowwolf2234! It's so awesome to see how much you've improved over the years! Keep up the outstanding work. Maybe you'll get a nice shot of a gator for me sometime? Now that I no longer live in Florida....I really miss seeing them in my own backyard. :P
:pawprint: WolfQuest: Undine Falls Pack Discord :pawprint:
**You must know a current member that uses the server to join.**

Fawn

Post by Fawn » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:16 pm

These are awesome! I especially dig the one of the bison with his tongue lolling out, haha.

shadowwolf2234
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by shadowwolf2234 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:07 pm

Rikkuzilla wrote:Amazing photos, shadowwolf2234! It's so awesome to see how much you've improved over the years! Keep up the outstanding work. Maybe you'll get a nice shot of a gator for me sometime? Now that I no longer live in Florida....I really miss seeing them in my own backyard. :P
Haha thanks so much Rikku, I've definitely learned a lot since way back then. When I get back to my apartment I'll post a couple shots of some gators (not the University of Florida kind :p) for you
Fawn wrote:These are awesome! I especially dig the one of the bison with his tongue lolling out, haha.
:D Thanks! Yeah I pointed my camera at him and he stuck his tongue out, I thought it was hilarious

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Man, your photos are calendar-worthy. I really love these, especially the first one of the hare and the one of the deer. The snow makes for a really nice setting, and these are all a treat to view!

Sintact

Post by Sintact » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:45 pm

Woah! Your photos are amazing Shadow! I would really like having a good camera and learn to take pictures like yours hehe. Hope you continue uploading some of your pictures!
Former WolfQuest Moderator
May '09 User of the Month

roadrunnerrissy
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by roadrunnerrissy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:06 am

Whoa awesome! Great Job! :D
" Don´t be afraid
Don´t let hope, faith keep your eyes fixed on the light above
In the heartbreak, in your mistakes, nothing can separate you from love, You are Beloved."

-FireBreaker-
Name: Fire

Post by -FireBreaker- » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:57 am

Really pretty pictures, Shadow! Your photos are amazing, i really like them ^^.
·.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.·´·.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.·´
Wh¥ §hðµlÐ ï åþðlðgïzê £ðr hê mðñ§êr ï'vê ßê¢ðmê
ñð ðñê êvêr åþðlðgïzêÐ £ðr måkïñg mê hï§ wå¥
`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´
:: av/sig © Lupin/Samber ::

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:11 am

At first glance I thought they were wallpapers... Really great job! I love them all so much!!
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.

Kyrozide
Pup
Pup

Post by Kyrozide » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:42 pm

Woah, these are amazing! You really do have talent, Shadowwolf2234 keep up the great work!

shadowwolf2234
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by shadowwolf2234 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:42 pm

Thanks for all the comments guys, it means a lot! \

Sintact wrote:Woah! Your photos are amazing Shadow! I would really like having a good camera and learn to take pictures like yours hehe. Hope you continue uploading some of your pictures!
Thanks man! Invest in an entry level DSLR, you can pick up a couple year old model relatively cheap to learn on, that's what I did.

Here's a few more from the archives
Last edited by shadowwolf2234 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyrinth
Pup
Pup
Location: Texas - a state that harbors warm winters and even warmer summers

Post by Kyrinth » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:29 pm

The rhino is my favorite capture. It's amazing how clear the shot is; you can pretty much envision the rhino's emotion. All of the other photos are beautiful, as well! You certainly have a talent in photography. c:
✿ Treason on Lioden ✿
✿ Ottavia on WolfHaven ✿

✿ Avatar by Clementine (WolfHaven) ✿
✿ A returning player (started playing back in 2009) ✿