twinlinskis' photo album

Submit your own photographs of nature & wildlife by following the instructions in the stickied topics in this forum.

Moderator: Isela

Forum rules
This forum is for original photographs only. If you submit a photograph that is not yours, you may receive a warning or be banned from the forums. Read the Rules for Nature & Wildlife Photography, then follow the instructions in that topic to have your photo(s) reviewed and posted.
twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: mary

twinlinskis' photo album

Post by twinlinskis » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:32 pm

after posting on here a few days ago about being willing to participate in our (hopefully upcoming) monthly themed photography challenges/showcases, i decided to dig up my old camera and take some testing pictures with it so that i could get back into the groove of things. that being said, i'd like to claim that my camera is a bit dated, and it really shows in the quality of the pictures-- they should be sharper, clearer, and with better color, but i'm working with what i have. hopefully i can convince my parents to get me a new camera so that i can take to my old hobby again (which means waaaay better pictures!) and share with you what i encounter on my little adventures around my house, as well as the woods, the lake, the beach, and whatever nature throws at me that definitely needs to be captured in my little camera. :')

so, as previously stated, these pictures were captured more for a test than for actual... viewing, i guess. but i decided to post them here so i could have a little meat to this post. these are mostly succulents that i have in my little "basket garden" on my back porch, as well as the random withering rose that i saw near the front of my house.

Spoiler
Show

............ ............
Tʜ ɴɪɢʜ ɪs ʟɴɢ
Aɴ ʜ ʜ ɪs ʀ.
L ʜ sʏ
Fʀ ɴ ʏ sɴ
Tʜ ɴ ɪʟʟ .
sig © twinlinskis

Legendary Sucker
Name: Ruff

Re: twinlinskis' photo album

Post by Legendary Sucker » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:02 pm

That's so beautiful, Mary! I'm not an expert or anything, so I don't even notice the lacks you're talking about. It's amazing the way it is.
ℒιჩεятέ

▻▹ We believe ourselves redeemers, avengers, saviors. ◃◅
We dream of leaving our stamp upon the world...
▻▹ ...even as we give our lives in a conflict ◃◅
that will be recorded in no history book.

ƛℓℓ тнαт ωє ძσ, αℓℓ тнαт ωє αяє, вєɢɪηs αηძ єηძs ωɪтн σursєℓvєs

Av/Sig © Sobakka/Me

ZeRivet
Former WQ Moderator

Post by ZeRivet » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:13 pm

That lighting...is some good stuff! XD I can also see the puppy and thorns and so it seems you managed to capture a good bit of detail in each picture, which is neato. I'd also say that for just a test you did some awesome work, so nicely done! I look forward to seeing more pictures in the future! :D
| | | “I'm allergic to rocks hitting me in the face.” | | |
Avatar (C) me | Quote (C) Mark Rowe| All The Rocks

twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by twinlinskis » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:56 pm

-Rogue- wrote:That's so beautiful, Mary! I'm not an expert or anything, so I don't even notice the lacks you're talking about. It's amazing the way it is.
awh, thanks Rogue <3 yeah, i guess i'm just really critical when it comes to my own stuff lol but i'm super happy that you like the pictures!
ZeRivet wrote:That lighting...is some good stuff! XD I can also see the puppy and thorns and so it seems you managed to capture a good bit of detail in each picture, which is neato. I'd also say that for just a test you did some awesome work, so nicely done! I look forward to seeing more pictures in the future! :D
haha, thank you! i tried to experiment with the natural lighting outside since the sun was in juuuust the right spot to capture that really pretty orange glow. but i appreciate such kind words; it gives me a lot of inspiration to shoot more!
Tʜ ɴɪɢʜ ɪs ʟɴɢ
Aɴ ʜ ʜ ɪs ʀ.
L ʜ sʏ
Fʀ ɴ ʏ sɴ
Tʜ ɴ ɪʟʟ .
sig © twinlinskis

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:01 pm

I like 'em. You just can't beat natural lighting in my opinion. I just love how everything is just so green and lively too- I think you captured that well. =D

As others have said, looking forward to more~

twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by twinlinskis » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:54 pm

Kivia wrote:I like 'em. You just can't beat natural lighting in my opinion. I just love how everything is just so green and lively too- I think you captured that well. =D

As others have said, looking forward to more~
thank you! yeah, i tried to make it so that the sun hit off the plants juuuuust right and i also had a really hard time focusing because my camera was being difficult at such a close angle so that it could really capture their essence :]

as a side note, i plan to post pictures of our purple martin colony when they arrive! they should be here in about a month or two, depending on when they leave their winter home and make the journey up here. i love capturing pictures of those birds; they have so much character and they're especially beautiful-- to me, at least-- when they're in flight!
Tʜ ɴɪɢʜ ɪs ʟɴɢ
Aɴ ʜ ʜ ɪs ʀ.
L ʜ sʏ
Fʀ ɴ ʏ sɴ
Tʜ ɴ ɪʟʟ .
sig © twinlinskis

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:13 pm

There's something soothing about these pictures; you captured the plants very well. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing more house plant-related photos from you.

-FireBreaker-
Name: Fire

Post by -FireBreaker- » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Great pictures! The lighting looks good, i like how the sun hits the plants.
Just like the others said, i look forward to see more pictures from you ^^.
·.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.·´·.·´¯`·.· ·.·´¯`·.·´
Wh¥ §hðµlÐ ï åþðlðgïzê £ðr hê mðñ§êr ï'vê ßê¢ðmê
ñð ðñê êvêr åþðlðgïzêÐ £ðr måkïñg mê hï§ wå¥
`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´`.¸¸.´´¯`` .¸¸.´
:: av/sig © Lupin/Samber ::

twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by twinlinskis » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:30 pm

Koa wrote:There's something soothing about these pictures; you captured the plants very well. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing more house plant-related photos from you.
hopefully the spring will bring new succulents to my tiny little basket garden. i'll try to shoot some cute pictures of their stubby little leaves and post them here :') but thank you Koa, i'm glad you like them!
-FireBreaker- wrote:Great pictures! The lighting looks good, i like how the sun hits the plants.
Just like the others said, i look forward to see more pictures from you ^^.
your kind words are much appreciated! i was hoping that my camera would do the little succulents some justice, and i'm happy that everyone enjoys them so much lol. hopefully, if i get a new camera, you can see them in even better quality!
Tʜ ɴɪɢʜ ɪs ʟɴɢ
Aɴ ʜ ʜ ɪs ʀ.
L ʜ sʏ
Fʀ ɴ ʏ sɴ
Tʜ ɴ ɪʟʟ .
sig © twinlinskis

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:31 am

twinlinskis wrote:as a side note, i plan to post pictures of our purple martin colony when they arrive! they should be here in about a month or two, depending on when they leave their winter home and make the journey up here. i love capturing pictures of those birds; they have so much character and they're especially beautiful-- to me, at least-- when they're in flight!
Oooo, you have a purple martin colony near you? I would love to see some photographs once they arrive!

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:13 am

Really nice job! You got the lighting right and the prospective of the objects.
(Plus you helped me decide a theme for my drawing contest XD)
Keep it up Mary!
I ran out of snarky remarks, unfortunately.

twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by twinlinskis » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:06 pm

Kivia wrote:
twinlinskis wrote:as a side note, i plan to post pictures of our purple martin colony when they arrive! they should be here in about a month or two, depending on when they leave their winter home and make the journey up here. i love capturing pictures of those birds; they have so much character and they're especially beautiful-- to me, at least-- when they're in flight!
Oooo, you have a purple martin colony near you? I would love to see some photographs once they arrive!
yes! we actually have a whole setup in our backyard. my dad invested a lot of money into it because he's really passionate about those birds lol.
Kamaal wrote:Really nice job! You got the lighting right and the prospective of the objects.
(Plus you helped me decide a theme for my drawing contest XD)
Keep it up Mary!
haha thanks Kamaal. i'm glad i could help you out in some way lol
Tʜ ɴɪɢʜ ɪs ʟɴɢ
Aɴ ʜ ʜ ɪs ʀ.
L ʜ sʏ
Fʀ ɴ ʏ sɴ
Tʜ ɴ ɪʟʟ .
sig © twinlinskis

Sambhur
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Sambhur » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:27 pm

I love how colourful your photos are. (': They're really great I wanna see more.

twinlinskis
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by twinlinskis » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:50 am

a little update, seeing as i haven't posted in this in a LONG while and i'm really excited for my future photography escapades ;')

SO. the martins have come in and i'm super happy that we have so many so early this year. my dad and i counted about twenty birds so far, though we could be under-/overshooting a bit since they're so rowdy and rambunctious that we can never get a proper count. however, most of our birds seem to be male; hopefully we'll get more females in soon so we can have a balanced colony and lots of chicks!

anyway, the point of this post was to say that y'all should be expecting quite a few pictures of our new/old friends in the colony :^) i'm so excited to get some shots of them this year, especially since i find that birds are the most challenging to photograph-- it's even more challenging getting a good picture while they're in flight, sooooo i'll probably be out there for hours trying to get a decent picture lol
Tʜ ɴɪɢʜ ɪs ʟɴɢ
Aɴ ʜ ʜ ɪs ʀ.
L ʜ sʏ
Fʀ ɴ ʏ sɴ
Tʜ ɴ ɪʟʟ .
sig © twinlinskis